The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
So I decided to try making a skin for Assetto Corsa.
89F6D2873F64B39C4952EDD539F2F67BC7320656
w0w

Did that not exist before?

Maybe I should watch ef- a tale of memories.
Seems like Amagami SS but with more than a shot of tragedy in it.

So I discovered RWBY last night on Netflix. Wondered why it had a perfect 5-stars and now I know.

The Animation is a little difficult to get past at first, but the writing and voice acting were so wonderful, and they really nailed the blend between Eastern and Western slapstick humor.

R.I.P. Monty, I only 'met' you yesterday, but you've already done loads to inspire me.

So I discovered RWBY last night on Netflix. Wondered why it had a perfect 5-stars and now I know.

The Animation is a little difficult to get past at first, but the writing and voice acting were so wonderful, and they really nailed the blend between Eastern and Western slapstick humor.

R.I.P. Monty, I only 'met' you yesterday, but you've already done loads to inspire me.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

^ It's a US-used anime created by the recently departed Monty Oum. I've watched few episodes of it and its a nice series! I'm just holding it out for a bit to finish other series at the moment.

-> Here are my anime logs at the moment:

-> Just finished Chuunibyo ~Heart Throb~, it was very cute and heartwarming!

-> I also resumed watching Cat Planet Cuties. Its animation despite simple, it was in very high quality! And A&W product placement was smoothly executed!

-> Kuroko was gripping as usual!

-> No Game No Life is starting ok, I guess...

-> Also just started Anohana, so far so good!

-> Toradora for some reason wears me out, I don't know why?...

-> Don't watch Gourmet Girl Graffiti with an empty stomach, it will get worse!

-> I haven't started DRRRx2 yet...

-> Parasyte is very good for what it is, but it kinda slowed down a bit...

-> So far: Nisekoi, Nozaki-kun, RWBY, Little Busters, Baka no Test, Sailor Moon C, Aoi Seki, Moyashimon, & Yuru Yuri are all on-hold.

:)

I keep saying that I'm gonna watch Cowboy Bebop then 1 week suddenly passes. I hope to start tomorrow night, or eventually....

I think I'll give Trigun a look sometime.

How's Amagi Brilliant Park? I hear it's meh but KyoAni did it

If any of you have a Twitter account, and want to see the Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels translated (I don't think fan translations ever got really anywhere), I'd recommend favoriting this.
https://twitter.com/Haikasoru/status/580403359275966464

This is the Twitter of one of VIZ Media's imprints.

Man, if we really got the novels (LOL@usgettingtheanime*)....

*Multiple companies have tried to license it, but the company they have to go through is asking for way too much. And a 110 episode long space opera that's decades old is already hard enough to sell. Anyone putting it out would be going bankrupt. Quite a shame for what is considered to be one of the greatest anime of all-time.

-> ...
When you know a voice actor from something else and it's the only thing you think about every time you see that character...
^ Funny I've never thaought of that, all I can think about if my darling Aya Hirano VA this character. lol

Also I only was just reminded now of S2 of SNAFU. Fun.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/23847/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru._Zoku

Hopefully it'll retain the same feel that the first season did.
^ Unfortunately, I'm only at S1E2 at the moment...its somewhat giving me a Monogatari effect...

^ Funny I've never thaought of that, all I can think about if my darling Aya Hirano VA this character. lol

The only characters I can associate with Aya Hirano are Fairy Tail's Lucy Heartfilia, Lucky Star's Konata Izumi, and O-Haruhi-Sama. Oh, and by the way... Great avatar choice. ;)

The only characters I can associate with Aya Hirano are Fairy Tail's Lucy Heartfilia, Lucky Star's Konata Izumi, and O-Haruhi-Sama. Oh, and by the way... Great avatar choice. ;)

That's a lot of trash to have one's name related to. Poor woman.

To be fair she single handedly transformed Haruhi from a series with one funny joke into something which was entertaining to watch in an idiotic way. (At least until the movie, which for some inexplicable reason was really well done.)

You still have to feel sorry for her.

Wiki says she will be voicing Haruhi in "The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato" as well.

I haven't seen any of Haruhi, it never really appealed to me.

Most of Haruhi is terrible, sizeable portions seemingly intentionally. Aya Hirano's voice acting performance largely saved it. The pilot episode, the first episode of series 2, the movie which follows the two TV series, and all of the scenes featuring the cat are brilliant for no apparent reason. Don't bother watching Haruhi.

If it weren't for the fact that the movie is a follow up to a mediocre TV series that one has to have watched first to understand the movie, I'd say the movie was one of the best films I've ever seen.

Because it is the follow up to a mediocre TV series that one has to have watched first in order to understand the movie; it isn't one of the best films I've ever seen.

Last edited:
-> ...
The only characters I can associate with Aya Hirano are Fairy Tail's Lucy Heartfilia, Lucky Star's Konata Izumi, and O-Haruhi-Sama.
^ You can even add Misa Amane from Death Note, Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, and more recently Migi from Parasyte. ;)

01f814c2b6c638b66b7efa805244d19f.jpg

-> And yes I do feel sorry for her, especially in regards to her sex scandal... :(

Oh, and by the way... Great avatar choice. ;)
^ Thanks! She's my current lovely Waifu at the moment! Luvs her!

Last edited:
IIRC there was no Aya Hirano scandal, that was people being wrong and making stuff up.

379252_566831683345586_721713060_n.jpg

Why does it matter to anyone other than Aya Hirano and the people she's had sex with who Aya Hirano has had sex with?

Nobodies like to get too caught up with their favourite celebs like they're best buddies.

Also probably because they've a bad habit of gossiping about popular people.

Edit: So I had this thought come across me. If we have the tendency to recommend the same few certain shows we always like, what would it be like if we were to bring awareness to an especially bad show on an occasional basis?

inb4"everything"androger; think of something else to say for a change

Last edited:
Back