The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Finished up the first season of Railgun just before. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I rated it as a nine, in the end, which is a tad generous but I think it deserves the praise. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do so. Same with Memochou, which I wish received more recognition.

Next up will be the OVA things, specials, and courtesy of @Niku Driver HC, Gunsmith Cats.

Anybody seen Rin: Daughters of Mnenysome? (I know I butchered that name)
^ Its alright. But for the storyline is kinda short and rushed, I like the brutality and sexuality involved. But it has that Interview with a Vampire timelapse things...

My mate keeps nagging me to watch Hajime no Ippo and Kuroko no Basket. I've heard they're good and I don't mind sports. Worth a watch?
^ I don't know your sports anime background, but I highly recommend Kuroko.

........Hey guys, I'm back here, and need another help - now I'm looking for shows similar to Kekkaishi and Parasyte. Loved Kekkaishi, INFURIATED at how it ends (hint: didn't end). As for Parasyte, my mum fell hard for it. She literally gobbled up entire 24 episodes in a couple o' days.....:boggled:

I saw Samurai Champloo long ago (Twas good) but I'm gonna rewatch it since I never got to finish it as I've mentioned earlier in this thread. The Nujabes soundtrack I've been listening to for ages, especially Just Forget and Vagrancy, those were real bangers!

Bebop is good so far for me, nice storytelling , dub is amazing and just overall great. Finished Episode 15 now

The same director made Ergo Proxy no?
Actually no, Shinichiro Watanabe's only credit in that show according to ANN is he did the storyboards for episode 19.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5115
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=774

Don't feed the Madoka.
11046535_10153177063924320_3683002251706546826_n.jpg

Sorry, going back to DVD vs Blu-Ray, would I be missing out on some things the DVD doesn't have? Is it better to go with Blu-Ray?
Generally yes. Also worth noting when it comes to good remasters of older shows (Many are bad. See: FLCL, Creamy Mami, Sailor Moon to name a few disasters), they look so much better on Blu-ray, especially Ghibli movies. Compare say the Howl's Moving Castle DVD to the BD, the difference in quality is ridiculously massive.
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...le-EngSub-EngDub&p=56015&viewfull=1#post56015

Also DVD is dying, eventually Blu-ray will completely take over.

-> Well, just finished the following in the past hour:

- Parasyte
- Yuru Yuri S1

^ Pretty satifying, but I tried to continue watching Ramen Fighter Miki and still can't stick to it even after watching ep3...so, I put it back on-hold.

-> What do you guys think of this?

Teekyu S1
20130825_teekyuu01.jpg

*available in Crunchyroll

^ MAL peeps said: "It's recommended for people who loves anything from SHAFT, since this anime short is for people who are taking some illegal substances..."

teekyuu6.jpg

^ My take of it is, this is even shorter than the epically wonderful I can't Understand what my Husband is Saying! For a total of 1min30sec/ep its a world record for me! I'm even amazed that this series reached the 4th season!!! :eek:

1352088228257.png

-> And everything is so fast paced, so your eyes have to be very quick reading the subs!!! :scared:

horriblesubs-teekyu-s3-33-720p-mkv_snapshot_01-57_2013-12-29_07-12-47.jpg

^ Could it get any worse!?....

2mh8lee.png

:boggled:

I don't really like Idolmaster because of the lack of any story development for the majority of the runtime.
Also there's no male protagonist, lol

I watched a few episodes of Cinderella Girls. Three girls new to the idol industry build their career as newbies together. The story is basically about them growing up (most likely) understanding the the lifestyle of idol culture. Yes there's no male protag, but you can pretend you're there with them. Shouldn't be too difficult to do. :P

As far as anime OST's go, Champloo has the best that I've heard.

Champloo's pretty great. How far does your taste in music genre span? I can suggest a few other OST if you could let me know what else you're interested in.

I watched a few episodes of Cinderella Girls. Three girls new to the idol industry build their career as newbies together. The story is basically about them growing up (most likely) understanding the the lifestyle of idol culture. Yes there's no male protag, but you can pretend you're there with them. Shouldn't be too difficult to do. :P
I liked Wake Up Girls because it was a bit more realistic in the presentation of the real entertainment industry.
Is Cinderella Girls made in the same manner?

Perhaps I've got too much on my plate for Spring season already.

Gunsmith Cats was very enjoyable. Ended up watching it in the English dub as watching something that's set in the US in Japanese feels silly. The English dub was good though, so no problems there. Nice attention to detail, interesting plot and good amount of action which was paced well.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Misaka-san wa Ima Chuumoku no Mato Desukara (that was a mouthful and a half) was thoroughly enjoyable. Not quite up with the actual main season, but high quality nonetheless.

Railgun Specials were the same as most specials, pointless but humourous. Enjoyed Railgun's specials more than Index's, which just got repetitive over time.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Entenka no Satsuei Model mo Raku Ja Arimasen wa ne. was hilarious, all I can say about it really. :lol:

Next up is Riding Bean, and Railgun S. :D

I hope Grisaia is somewhere in your list. :P

I liked Wake Up Girls because it was a bit more realistic in the presentation of the real entertainment industry.
Is Cinderella Girls made in the same manner?

I don't know what Wakeup Girls is like to answer that.

-> BTW, have you guys heard about...

74800db01d327a1c59ef7eea0f1fb6c01421365709_full.jpg

^ I like this innovative animation style, and the story is all kick-in-the-🤬 !!

So, the final episode... I'm not sure about that ending. In one hand I can find satisfaction, in another it bothers me. But what irritates me the most, is that it felt rushed. There's still quite a few things that still weren't really answered. For instance what happened to Lemrina, what happened to the previous Emperor, what position Inaho is now in society, and so on. This isn't the first time an anime ending was rushed but I guess I can't expect any more from A.Z's ending since they were aiming for a 12-episode-long season.

Onto Slaine... Funny that Inaho spared him. I thought Inaho would actually wound Slaine a little just for lulz. But instead UFE just imprisons him to serve his term. And another thing is that Slaine's fate might have been better than just killing him off. When he was battling with Inaho (totally anticipated that) and when he was speaking with Lemrina, he mentions several times that he has no future, and he's right. As what everyone else expected, Slaine ended up hollow and dead inside. The only thing he can do is reflect on his actions. And yet Asseylum wanted him alive, which is a very interesting decision. What does Asseylum hope for in Slaine's life? He will certainly never see the same sky she sees. There's only one possible reason: Slaine is a scapegoat. There was no way Asseylum can associate friendly terms with this guy anymore.
In the end I feel that Slaine will commit suicide pretty soon. Though someone said that Slaine is repeating the fate his father received, whom didn't die in a situation similar to when Inaho and Slaine were on that beach. So at the same time I can see Slaine serving his time in prison in a way to reflect and atone. However I still believe he'll follow through with his suicide.

Asseylum enormously trolled Inaho and Slaine, marrying Cruhteo Jr. But I believe both of them know she's happy in this relationship. Inaho and Slaine are just too volatile to become viable husbands. And with that aside Asseylum can proceed to unite the Martians and Earth, hence that warp-gate. In fact Asseylum wanted this from the very beginning.

I could talk more but I rather have a nice discussion

I doubt there will be a sequel/season 3 of any kind. This ending does feel it had closure. But I heard that the the name Alnoah.Zero suggests that what we saw is a prequel, meaning that there could be future installments.

All in all this was a meh show. I wouldn't really recommend it. The action was awesome but that's the only thing I can say that is worth praising without any bad sides.

Last edited:
-> ...
Finished Bleach. Don't know what to do with my life anymore.
^ Lets start on what genre you feel like watching? Then what anime era/year are you interested in (either classic, old, '80s, '90s, recent [aka '00s], or newer/touhou-style ones)? It would help us narrow our recommendations tremendously! ;)

Latest Posts

Back