The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
@Mr.Skyline09 Has my wife as his avatar. Awesome.

133917.jpg

-> ...

^ Lets start on what genre you feel like watching? Then what anime era/year are you interested in (either classic, old, '80s, '90s, recent [aka '00s], or newer/touhou-style ones)? It would help us narrow our recommendations tremendously! ;)

More recent probably. Aside from that, I don't know. Hell, I didn't know there were really whole genre's until you mentioned it. I always thought it was limited to "Go kick ass" or "Go get romantic".

So I've started watching fate/zero and its great. ufotable is delivering on the animation front, and the Urobutcher's writing is as solid as always. Very nice series; if you liked UBW or Fate/stay night then I recommend it.

EDIT: Okay, actually, Urobuchi only wrote the novel version; don't have a clue on the anime.

Last edited:
Here's one I recommend.

Death Parade. It's a solid 8 in my book until someone can tell me where there is a huge flaw. If you like twisted stuff, you can watch it. If you like the topic of morality, you will definitely be interested in what they cover.

edit: go weeb or go home:

11080984_10153343585781840_5694783779671108900_n.jpg

Katotefu. Google translate says: "Or a camera-shake"

The heck..? :lol:

Last edited:
So, the final episode... I'm not sure about that ending. In one hand I can find satisfaction, in another it bothers me. But what irritates me the most, is that it felt rushed. There's still quite a few things that still weren't really answered. For instance what happened to Lemrina, what happened to the previous Emperor, what position Inaho is now in society, and so on. This isn't the first time an anime ending was rushed but I guess I can't expect any more from A.Z's ending since they were aiming for a 12-episode-long season.

Onto Slaine... Funny that Inaho spared him. I thought Inaho would actually wound Slaine a little just for lulz. But instead UFE just imprisons him to serve his term. And another thing is that Slaine's fate might have been better than just killing him off. When he was battling with Inaho (totally anticipated that) and when he was speaking with Lemrina, he mentions several times that he has no future, and he's right. As what everyone else expected, Slaine ended up hollow and dead inside. The only thing he can do is reflect on his actions. And yet Asseylum wanted him alive, which is a very interesting decision. What does Asseylum hope for in Slaine's life? He will certainly never see the same sky she sees. There's only one possible reason: Slaine is a scapegoat. There was no way Asseylum can associate friendly terms with this guy anymore.
In the end I feel that Slaine will commit suicide pretty soon. Though someone said that Slaine is repeating the fate his father received, whom didn't die in a situation similar to when Inaho and Slaine were on that beach. So at the same time I can see Slaine serving his time in prison in a way to reflect and atone. However I still believe he'll follow through with his suicide.

Asseylum enormously trolled Inaho and Slaine, marrying Cruhteo Jr. But I believe both of them know she's happy in this relationship. Inaho and Slaine are just too volatile to become viable husbands. And with that aside Asseylum can proceed to unite the Martians and Earth, hence that warp-gate. In fact Asseylum wanted this from the very beginning.

I could talk more but I rather have a nice discussion

I doubt there will be a sequel/season 3 of any kind. This ending does feel it had closure. But I heard that the the name Alnoah.Zero suggests that what we saw is a prequel, meaning that there could be future installments.

All in all this was a meh show. I wouldn't really recommend it. The action was awesome but that's the only thing I can say that is worth praising without any bad sides.

Agreed. Season 1 was a bit better IMO. Still enjoyed it due to the epic space battles and great soundtrack (which I bought). Long hair El Dorito was cute (can't find a pic).

Let me guess, you called me because Mr. Skyline's avatar is Gundam related, huh? Well, not that I have watched Gundam ZZ (that's Double Zeta for you), but it is pretty cool that Skyline has Haman Karn as his avatar. Pretty neat indeed.

Oh, I guess I should introduce myself, now that I ended up posting here thanks to Cano. Yep, I also watch some anime on my spare time, but I don't really have a huge backlog. Don't worry, I know how great Cowboy Bebop is (watched it when it was broadcasted by a Portuguese cable channel), and that Miyazaki's movies are some of the finest anime movies you can watch. And things like Bleach and Naruto don't really tickle my fancy because I deem them too long and full of fillers to actually be interesting. Also, I do have two suggestions from people who watch here to get done, so I should get to it immediately...

Evora, please. Z4's image is too closely tied with Miku now.
So how long will it be before we add the SLS to the equation?

My mate keeps nagging me to watch Hajime no Ippo and Kuroko no Basket. I've heard they're good and I don't mind sports. Worth a watch?
Hajime no Ippo is worth a go if you like boxing. I thought it was all right when I watched it.

........Hey guys, I'm back here, and need another help - now I'm looking for shows similar to Kekkaishi and Parasyte. Loved Kekkaishi, INFURIATED at how it ends (hint: didn't end). As for Parasyte, my mum fell hard for it. She literally gobbled up entire 24 episodes in a couple o' days.....:boggled:
So are you now fearing your mom having her head split apart like some of the infected people in that show?

Also, I thought at the time the Kekkaishi manga was still going at the time the TV series ended.

So I've started watching fate/zero and its great. ufotable is delivering on the animation front, and the Urobutcher's writing is as solid as always. Very nice series; if you liked UBW or Fate/stay night then I recommend it.

EDIT: Okay, actually, Urobuchi only wrote the novel version; don't have a clue on the anime.
With the second half of UBW TV about to get going, I thought I'd get back to watching fate/Zero after leaving it out of my anime viewing rotation for the last few months along with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Yeah, the latter title does have it's bizarre moments, so to speak.

......Never mind, I just found something I think is cool - Shingeki no Bahamut (hope I got the right spelling). Watched first episode, liked the flow and the humor, plus art style's cool too, so for now I'll stick with it....As for a Parasyte replacement, I'll keep looking....

I never got a chance to watch it up until now :P

I guess it does live up to the hype. Especially why Spike is pretty much the #1 anime character in plenty of Best Anime Character countdowns.

I'll try get my hands on the movie sometime. Tomorrow I'll check out Kyokai no Kanata

Back