The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
"Your Lie in April is not worth watching" is my lie in May.
sneeky beeky like

csgo.gif

Am I the only one that's actually watching the new season of SNAFU? It's different in feeling from the first season, but I like it.

Both my dad and I watch Dragon Ball Z every week. He has considered buying a Funimation subscription so we can watch it whenever the mood tickles our fancy.

Keep on the lookout for Dragon Ball Super, which should be airing in July.

sneeky beeky like

View attachment 370489

Am I the only one that's actually watching the new season of SNAFU? It's different in feeling from the first season, but I like it.

I checked out the first few eppys after finishing s1 a few weeks back. The change in studios was pretty jarring in terms of appearances but I'm liking Feel's production a bit more.

---------

Gangsta. anime slated for Summer season. Pretty badass series if you ask me

---------
Gangsta. anime slated for Summer season. Pretty badass series if you ask me

"Gangsta", eh? Sounds interesting enough, I wonder wh...

(checks cast list)

Wait a minute. Mikako Komatsu? I know that actress, way too well in fact. Do you know a character she voiced? Look at my avatar. She was the actress that gave Joey Jones (from HEROMAN) his voice! I'll be darned. And Tomokazu Seki (Sosuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic, Domon Kashu from G Gundam) as well... Hmm, this might be worth watching in the future.

Gangsta..

I'm interested to hear what Stereo Dive Foundation and Annabel have to offer for OP and ED.

Thanks for the share!

Been watching the 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime. Probably my favourite anime that's not used just to sell Trading Cards or Video Game :P. Transitioning to the 2011 Remake after episode 62 of the original anime. Will start the Remake at the end on the Yorknew City Arc.

I'm slowly awaiting the finish line for exams so I can go MIA for a week and watch a load of Anime...

Then I'll start getting other things I'm meant to do done :D

Hestia is good at keeping her teeth clean.

I started Last Exile after a friend recommended it. The art style is really cool! Some of the machines don't make sense, but it doesn't bother me.

Last Exile confused me. A lot. If anyone can explain it, that'd be great (in spoiler tags of course). But I might rewatch it again. It also has a sequel but I haven't looked at it yet

-> Is it only me, or is anyone waiting for Monster Musume anime?

Monster-Musume-anime.png

^ Because the manga is awesome sauce!!! 👍

monster_musume_volumes_1_6_covers_by_smokeyandthebandit-d7xvqdw.jpg

-> All I did while reading was to crack up!!!

48f0ac0c12dc1d5a6cd9fa50dbf31bec1388811763_full.jpg

fbaf9f4bc4d246c3cc7214ae70a55ad31414619897_full.jpg

3a6.jpg

c62810275a1335165ee4e9389fd800d41388883922_full.jpg

:lol:

-> Unfortunately, I'm unable to share the Youtube vid (nudity immenent).

I CAN'T WAIT for the next episode of Unlimited Budget Works... Last episode really had you crave for more... and the first scene on that, damn :drool::drool::drool: That was just a taste of the awesome CG that we'd get to see in the next one which comes out today. Can't wait for Archer vs Shirou, it's gonna be epic :D :D :D

I CAN'T WAIT for the next episode of Unlimited Budget Works... Last episode really had you crave for more... and the first scene on that, damn :drool::drool::drool: That was just a taste of the awesome CG that we'd get to see in the next one which comes out today. Can't wait for Archer vs Shirou, it's gonna be epic :D :D :D

Ufotable needs to step up their game, honestly. Last eppy was a 20-minute talk-fest. It was pretty well-done but most of it is just expounding what we already know already.. I also heard they'll carry out the Shirou v. Archer fight a bit more differently than the VN which I'm a bit concerned about.

Decided to watch 2011 remake of Hunter x Hunter from the top Nice to be able to compare the 2011 remake to the original 1999 anime.

If I were to pick at the moment, I would pick the 1999 anime, it's slower but you get a lot of detail as well as interesting takes that weren't in the 2011 anime, also in a sort of biased way, I liked the 1999 dub voices better than the 2011 anime voices which hasn't been dubbed.

Ufotable needs to step up their game, honestly. Last eppy was a 20-minute talk-fest. It was pretty well-done but most of it is just expounding what we already know already.. I also heard they'll carry out the Shirou v. Archer fight a bit more differently than the VN which I'm a bit concerned about.

The talk-fest was okay. It really clarifies and seals the deal as to how Shirou became a Counter Guardian. I just think of it as, Nasu used the anime to do stuff he wasn't able to in the VN, like expound further on the Shirou-turned-Archer thing. He did say that the anime would contain new scenes that were not in the VN. Nothing but plot movement, yeah, but don't worry about Ufotable stepping up their game. None of the episodes so far have been disappointing.

The talk-fest was okay. It really clarifies and seals the deal as to how Shirou became a Counter Guardian. I just think of it as, Nasu used the anime to do stuff he wasn't able to in the VN, like expound further on the Shirou-turned-Archer thing. He did say that the anime would contain new scenes that were not in the VN. Nothing but plot movement, yeah, but don't worry about Ufotable stepping up their game. None of the episodes so far have been disappointing.

Should put that in spoiler tags.
Yeah, there were a couple of things the anime had but the VN didn't. Like some nice background info with Gilgamesh and Medea, or what happened with Ilya during her time in the castle prior to the Fifth Grail War. This sorts of stuff give nice incentive to watch the anime. Ufotable so far has delivered and I'm not doubting them at all because of that. We're pretty much nearing the end of the route anyways

A lot of animes are mostly talking anyway.
I don't find anything wrong with it.

Yeah.. But the sort of stuff the eppy talked about were known already. I guess I'm being a little picky there but I feel like I was being spoon-fed

Yeah.. But the sort of stuff the eppy talked about were known already. I guess I'm being a little picky there but I feel like I was being spoon-fed

Nope you are totally right about what you said. They just went and dropped the whole thing in a single conversation.

Nope you are totally right about what you said. They just went and dropped the whole thing in a single conversation.

Now with the latest eppy, that is how it should be done. Mostly the same ideas but rehashed and presented in a way that is visually engaging.
Ufotable really could not have done it better than what they did for this eppy, because be aware that the battle between Shirou and Archer is the most major battle in the entire route since obviously it's when Shirou realizes his true self and what will set him apart from Archer. But in the VN it's done with a whole lot of monologues. Instead of that Archer uses Reality Marble again and sends Shirou into internal conflict, with Saber merely spectating in silence. And it's not just them standing around. They actually fight, while they spit out rebuttals against one another.

Not to say ufotable did it perfectly, but it's better than the talk-fest we've got last time.

Last edited:
Back