The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Pass. Too long to bother, not enough cool stuff to justify it. I'll just rewatch PlanetEs if I want something similar to PlanetEs.

I can tell you that it does have its "cool" moments, but your choice

SVX
Your Waifu

:lol: awesome :lol:

I can tell you that it does have its "cool" moments, but your choice

Oh, it must have them... I mean, 100 episodes and no cool moments? Just imagine that. But it's not enough to make me embark myself in a 100-episode show. Just no. I'd do maybe 40. And I stress maybe. 'Sides, the mood of the show doesn't really ticks my buttonz.

Also found a nice Eli Ayase at AX. Good price too, at $25.
11720587_10207151433732487_1981117293_n.jpg

I don't get it.
GTA V Trainer shenanigans keep me from checking this thread and then I lose my mind over reading 3 pages of weird stuph.
Fifty Shades of Grey
needs an adaptation Kappa

just kidding SHAFT hates the world goodbye
Where's Kizumonogatari, anyway?

I'm sorry but her eyes in comparison to her forehead seem kind of... out there.

I see Satsaki in the background, want.

@Not_A_Guest it's brushing its teeth. Seriously though, where is it?

@nk4e dude, I need to watch it too... I keep putting it off.

I wonder if there is a solid guide on how to please @Cano :indiff:

Is it wrong for me to enjoy the Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt soundtrack? Along with actually buying the Ghibli ATJ2 album?

...Hi. Just popped in to say I caught the first episode of Dragon Ball Super yeaterday.

'Twas in Japanese VO with Eng subs. Aaaand... :indiff: I think I prefer Eng dubs.

That is all.

...Hi. Just popped in to say I caught the first episode of Dragon Ball Super yeaterday.

'Twas in Japanese VO with Eng subs. Aaaand... :indiff: I think I prefer Eng dubs.

That is all.
I dunno; my preference shifts with the show. Cowboy Bebop, for example, feels right in both languages. But I prefer Panty & Stocking in English.

MonMusu's first episode came out today. Looks fun.

An exception to the rule. Stars aligned for that show. Both Japanese and Eng VOs were brilliant.

...I guess I prefer DB with Eng cast 'cuz I grew up with Funimation dubs. They leave their marks, y'know...
My brother still thinks Gundam Wing had a good dub.

Ghibli films generally have acceptable English dubs. Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time all have excellent English dubs. FLCL is better in English because it's easier to follow and the translation is better. Most other English dubs aren't that great, but most are perfectly watchable, with one obvious exception.

@Cano if you want something similar to Planetes there's Space Brothers. There's 99 episodes though but none of them were filler as far as I'm aware when I watched it.

Every 24-minute episode is spent recapping the same things that happen in the last 10 episodes for 10 episodes consecutively for 3-8 minutes. Then they do the next 10 after that.

Space Brothers moves so slow they need to do week-by-week recaps for the watchers who probably don't watch every single episode.

That being said, that shouldn't stop you from watching it. Just skip the brief recaps, OP and EDs!

I'm telling you, they put Kizumono on the backest backlog. :(

Just to let you guys know, i have not seen space dandy yet lol

That's fine and dandy. The one who dropped the show is named Andy.

ok i signed up to talk in this thread but w/e i'm anime trash
i personally don't like dubs, cause i'm british and the va's seem to have really thick american accents and its weird to me lmao
probably would seem a bit weird on the inverse too if americans watched a dub with only british accents

We drawing stuff, guys?

ok i signed up to talk in this thread but w/e i'm anime trash
i personally don't like dubs, cause i'm british and the va's seem to have really thick american accents and its weird to me lmao

I must be anime trash too because I'm not too fond of the dubs out there myself.

Latest Posts

Back