The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Surprised I missed this statement

In terms of (abstract?) visual fidelity no studio can even come close to SHAFT.
Yes, but in terms of off-modelness and therefore inconsistency no studion can even come close to SHAFT either. But I still love them.

Also ignore everything about Monogatari and watch it because behind the fanservice @Roger the Horse won't shut up about it is still pretty much perfect. Except Tsukihi's first story.

Just watch Monogatari. Jussssssssssst

Honestly it's entertaining for its witty dialogue plus I liked where the story went.

Behind the fanservice @Roger the Horse won't shut up about

Don't watch Monogatari. It's just a load of pretentious hipster nonsense with horrible pacing mixed in with some intentionally obscene stuff purely for shock value.

Not quite sure where I mentioned fanservice. I don't have any real problem with the actual fanservice in Monogatari. Would I rather it wasn't there? For the most part yes, unless it directly adds something to the narrative. Do I particularly care if there's a scene where we see Senjougahara in the shower or whatever? No. It's really the least of my concerns.

What I do have a problem with is stuff which is just offensive, like that episode that ends with Kanbaru sexually assaulting Araragi or whatever. That is something to take issue with.

that episode that ends with Kanbaru sexually assaulting Araragi or whatever.
That whole thing was just so ridiculous it can hardly be taken seriously. Besides that episode is just boring anyway, but then to people who like Kanbaru it wouldn't be.

Saber watches UBW. Tweeted by a fellow named Tukumo every time a new UBW episode came out. Obviously there's spoilers, and it's +100 images.
This is amazing haha. Saber is adorable.
ega5ruA.jpg

This is amazing haha. Saber is adorable.
ega5ruA.jpg
I am reminded of this....
Saber watches UBW. Tweeted by a fellow named Tukumo every time a new UBW episode came out. Obviously there's spoilers, and it's +100 images.
I am oddly reminded of the VAs from skullgirls play their respective roles.
I'll bet you a waifu or two you didn't post the rest of what you saw on FB.
I think i did.....which waifu did you wanna trade?

Has anyone else watched any or all of Mushi-Shi (Mushishi)? I just started it and based on the first 2 episodes I have a few thoughts running through my head. The first part doesn't completely understand the story 100%. However, what it boils down to is that there are creatures called mushi which are more primitive than our plants and animals. Because of this not everyone can perceive them. There are some people who can, and the story focuses on one, named Ginko who travels around Japan as a Mushi-shi or Mushi master helping people who are suffering from problems caused by the Mushi.

Other thoughts include: "wow, this is pretty!" What just happened" and "didn't expect that"

10/10 would be confused out of my mind for the first bit of episode 1 again!

Has anyone else watched any or all of Mushi-Shi (Mushishi)? I just started it and based on the first 2 episodes I have a few thoughts running through my head. The first part doesn't completely understand the story 100%. However, what it boils down to is that there are creatures called mushi which are more primitive than our plants and animals. Because of this not everyone can perceive them. There are some people who can, and the story focuses on one, named Ginko who travels around Japan as a Mushi-shi or Mushi master helping people who are suffering from problems caused by the Mushi.

Other thoughts include: "wow, this is pretty!" What just happened" and "didn't expect that"

10/10 would be confused out of my mind for the first bit of episode 1 again!
I keep on falling asleep on new shows thatvivrandomly watch....
FB_IMG_1440566746075.jpg
Screenshot_2015-08-22-09-47-04.png
FB_IMG_1440565025914.jpg

So as promised some pictures of my collection of berserk statue mostly. You can see some other stuff I have in there, as I didnt had the time to take them out and take a proper pictures, quality arent the best as well. Will try to get better pics if people are interested ^^

DSC_01591.jpg

So this is my Zodd, with Casca on the left and an action figure from art-of-war on the right. Brutus is an artbook of some of Takehiko Inoue drawing (slam-dunk, vagabond, real).

DSC_01601.jpg

Some Kuri Puck figures on the back, can only see the pink one but I have a green one as well. Another action figures of Guts, some smoking papers I've bought when I was in Amsterdam like 20 years ago. Some totoro and blade of the immortals stuffs.

DSC_01611.jpg

Okay here you have Judeau, Femto and Skullknight figurine with lots of other crap from totoro/Hunter x Hunter, Slam Dunk and a monkey resort I went when I went to japan. YOu can see on the right 2 behelit, one normal and one in eclipse mode. A Scorpio saint seiya action figure, some old pics of me, and a Thierry Henry sd figure. The can you can see was coming with PES not sure which version it was lol.

b8c10696-83ae-46ac-856a-93ea7f5b9375.jpg

Last is my God Hand set. I didnt displayed them because of space, planning to get a bigger showcase.

Was thinking of actually trying Black Lagoon after I finished the Monogatari series.

Speaking of the Monogatari series, I finished Nekomonogatari: Kuro a few nights ago and finished Nisemonogatari last night. Write up today some time.

SVX
I finished Nekomonogatari: Kuro a few nights ago and finished Nisemonogatari last night. Write up today some time.

Already did it for you.

Nekomonogatari Kuro: At least Araragi gets his limbs ripped off: The anime.

Nisemonogatari: What the hell did I just watch and how did this get passed uncut: The anime.

Last edited:
Back