The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I'd love a Kill la Kill fighting game.
11781709_378741125657922_1713257361181980420_n.jpg

Why the heck not? It will surely be a PS4 exclusive, but I wouldn't mind since my mom promised to buy me a PS4 (my PS3 died and all).

Apparently one of the head honcho directors at Platinum Games wants to do this. If this comes on PS4 then Of course I'm dropping Money.

Nudisto beech

Platinum Games FTW!
Oh, and NUUUDISTO BEEEEACH!!!! (Aikuro is my favorite character) :lol:

Now someone needs to make a "It was I, Dio!" scene, only with Speedwagon's face replacing Dio's.

(cue squeaky voice) "Even Speedwagon knew it was I, Speedwagon!"

View attachment 438326
Enough with that.

Should've seen that one coming, really. Although I didn't think people would actually create such a video... again, I am underestimating the Internet's power. :lol:

SVX
#canobait... I think?
tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nicz9uXij31rsd4umo6_1280.jpg

But there are no glasses in there...? Then again, it's good-looking art, so that might count towards the #canobait count, if anything. And it is pretty good-looking art, so...

DK
You know he's gonna pick either Nui or Ragyo. :lol:

Nah, being Trump, he'll go for the least likely choice. Preferably someone with the... "width" of Rosie O'Donnell, don't you think? :lol:

But there are no glasses in there...? Then again, it's good-looking art, so that might count towards the #canobait count, if anything. And it is pretty good-looking art, so...

He has a model of the last character, doesn't he?

I finished watching Nanana's Burried Treasure last night. It was ok, only ok, nothing more than that. It could have really gone in but was too safe.

Well, I feel like watching Tokyo ESP.

Personally I think he's the only sane person running for president so he'd probably pick Ebina Nana.

He held a press conference this week to announce that he is not a fan of Adolf Hitler, something which is generally assumed to be a default position and needs no announcement.

says the guy who posted Hitler yaoi earlier in this thread

Well, I marathoned Tokyo ESP today in bits and pieces.

All in all, the show wasn't that bad but a few things irked me.

If anyone's interested in what irked me.... Doubt that though.

1. The opening sequence. This could have had a darker presence, more like the closing sequence and didn't really match up to the show's content.
  2. The continuity of the Ga Rei Universe being linked to the ESP one. First off, it didn't really make sense, particularly when I think about how Ga Rei ended. Also, it could have been fleshed out more instead of it being just 1 episode.
  3. Rinka's character development and backstory. Really, this is the main character of the show and she pretty much had a meh execution of her fleshing out. Her Esper power wasn't really developed and remained the same since episode 1 but more over we didn't actually learn much about her backstory and why she's in a state of poverty. Could have been so much better...
  4. The Final Episode. My goodness this could have been done so much better.... The big fights we were waiting for, what we've been led up to. It was a let down I'd say.
  5. The Ending. It was one of those, "We will keep on fighting endings" . Wait haplessly for a Season 2 or just go read the manga.

Upon some further research, I'm reading that apparently the manga for Tokyo ESP kicks the Anime out of the water and dries it at the same time, particularly the Second Arc in the Manga. Even some scenes which could have been perfect in the anime were excluded, assuming budget was a problem.

I think I'm actually going to check out the manga for this soon judging from what I've been reading. The only other manga I've read after its anime adaptation and seen through to the end was Elfen Lied & maybe To Love Ru.... I won't talk about To Love Ru....

In other news, apparently The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan , though a spin off actually got interesting towards the end. I think I might actually watch it.

Last edited:
Back