The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Tape them headlights with a orange cape-shaped tape, haha. That might be allowed, or not...
Kinda did last year.
10390029_10152295383480658_8008402013225224955_n.jpg

Keeping this sorta on topic:
9a0ce10d43dc8dd3b6a96b8aed3ff1ab8d88eb79_hq.jpg

I'm just waiting for y'all to start reading Prison School to tell me how great this story is written.

Do I reaaally want to follow that suggestion? I'd say no, since I'm already creeped out enough by Anna and her multiple "raep faces", thank you very much.

Wanted to have an anime kind of day today...and I went and watched more Captain Tsubasa. Then played the games. That's not an anime day to me but whatever. Both are sick.

mnig5MV.jpg

9RdltpS.jpg

AtzfEPy.png

WFnFXpC.png

Story time.

>chemistry class
>trying to design a basic experiment
>have to come up with 3 different experimental questions
>have 2, totally stumped on the last
>my partner and I call him over for some help
>we say that we think we could do something automotive (partner just got his license)
>he thinks for a bit
>then asks us "have you watched initial d?"
>only I say yes, partner doesn't know what's up
>he says "so how did bunta get takumi to be such a good driver?"
>"... he made him drive up the mountain each morning"
>"but what did he do to make sure the tofu wasn't smashed?"
>"he put some water in a cu-"
>at this point the chem teacher yells loud enough for the whole goddamn class to hear
>he starts cheering and says "so what you do is you put a set amount of water in a cup and see how much it fluctuates with acceleration!"
>at this point I'm dumbstruck because I just realized that my chemistry teacher watched Initial D
>none of the people in the class even know what really happened

I'm not even joking, this ACTUALLY happened.

TL;DR my chemistry teacher apparently watches anime and he designed an Initial D experiment.

TL;DR my chemistry teacher apparently watches anime and he designed an Initial D experiment.

Next time he'll setup an experiment on the gutter turn thingy, I promise you.

Funny enough I actually tried the water cup thing recently whilst driving to varsity one day. I took a video and it came out funny. Maybe I'll post it one day, maybe...

What is the name of the character with fire in her hands?

She is Fujiwara no Mokou

XUkCY6M.jpg

Wow, all the fanart is really cool.
video%20games%20touhou%20fire%20long%20hair%20ribbons%20fujiwara%20no%20mokou%20red%20eyes%20gray%20hair%20anime%20girls%20clothes_wallpaperswa.com_19.jpg

Did you just convert another guy to the Touhou fandom with Mokou? I salute you.

Story time.

>chemistry class
>we say that we think we could do something automotive (partner just got his license)
>he thinks for a bit
>at this point the chem teacher yells loud enough for the whole goddamn class to hear
>he starts cheering and says "so what you do is you put a set amount of water in a cup and see how much it fluctuates with acceleration!"
>at this point I'm dumbstruck because I just realized that my chemistry teacher watched Initial D

Best. Chemistry. Teacher. EVER. That is a cool story.

Story time.

>chemistry class
>he thinks for a bit

Sounds like an awesome teacher!

Story time.

>chemistry class
>he thinks for a bit

Just like my Math teacher is a fan of South Park. :lol:

Next time he'll setup an experiment on the gutter turn thingy, I promise you.

Funny enough I actually tried the water cup thing recently whilst driving to varsity one day. I took a video and it came out funny. Maybe I'll post it one day, maybe...
Seems like a job for the Mythbusters.

I swear, the clothing in Ed's picture makes him (her? I know that's a bit of a mystery in Cowboy Bebop, but still) look like a Greek god or something. It's uncanny how much he (she?) resembles such a thing...

Also, Madoka Evangelion is both the creepiest and the most interesting thing you could do with Eva. Also, Gendo as Kyuubei makes far too much sense to be fake, haha.

Last edited:
I swear, the clothing in Ed's picture makes him (her? I know that's a bit of a mystery in Cowboy Bebop, but still) look like a Greek god or something. It's uncanny how much he (she?) resembles such a thing...

Also, Madoka Evangelion is both the creepiest and the most interesting thing you could with Eva. Also, Gendo as Kyuubei makes far too much sense to be fake, haha.

Edward is a girl.

Although, in your defense, even her father isn't sure

The clothes she's wearing is her normal outfit, including her lack of any footwear. She wore socks for about 8 seconds over the course of the series and lost her balance immediately.

And Kaoru as Mami also makes too much sense, so much so that it's giving me a headache.

Edward is a girl.

Does Ed ever actually self identify as a girl in the entire series, or does everyone just go by Faye's authority?

Seriously, I don't remember.

Really though, gender doesn't seem a particular concern of Ed's as opposed to simply being oneself. Good for Ed.

Edward is a girl.

Although, in your defense, even her father isn't sure

The clothes she's wearing is her normal outfit, including her lack of any footwear. She wore socks for about 8 seconds over the course of the series and lost her balance immediately.

And Kaoru as Mami also makes too much sense, so much so that it's giving me a headache.

Your spoiler says it all, really. It's the sort of thing which may come up from time to time by either us or the show, but it is a secondary sort of thing to Ed's personality. As Dino put it simply;

Ed is Ed. Obviously.

Straightforward answer, but it is the right one. Whatever may the gender be, Ed's personality is the one thing which stands out, just like most key Cowboy Bebop characters.

Back