The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
SVX
No no, it's fine. Good to have some proper discussion in here. ;)

1.0 is pretty close to a theatrical version of the earlier episodes, yeah. 2.0 somewhat close with some differences but with a completely different ending. 3.0 basically has no similarity.

My favourite is Misato. If there was anyone else?

Ok thanks. My favorite would be between Rei or Misato but, I think I lean towards Rei. Misato is nice, I like how she's being Shinji's commander (she's really cool when giving orders at the battle) while being a figure who supported him as well. Also that Alpine A310 is a plus (her figure also nice too lol). Rei is very quiet and emotionless character, but when she smiles at the end of the movie, it makes my heart melt... She's kind of girl that want to be protected but she have ability to protect yourself as well and that's why I like her. Also her voice is very nice to listen too. Very smooth and calming.

Ok thanks. My favorite would be between Rei or Misato but, I think I lean towards Rei. Misato is nice, I like how she's being Shinji's commander (she's really cool when giving orders at the battle) while being a figure who supported him as well. Also that Alpine A310 is a plus (her figure also nice too lol). Rei is very quiet and emotionless character, but when she smiles at the end of the movie, it makes my heart melt... She's kind of girl that want to be protected but she have ability to protect yourself as well and that's why I like her. Also her voice is very nice to listen too. Very smooth and calming.

I prefer her to Asuka for sure.

Caption This! (I know, wrong Thread for this, but I'm bored and want some attention.)

IMG_2430.JPG

My Example: "Mazda executives (Shown: Atenza/Mazda6 & Axela/Mazda3), figuring out their Daylight Savings schedules in Hiroshima and Irvine... AT THE SAME TIME!"

(EDITED: Tried to make my example, to be more understandable.)

Last edited:
Welcome to the General Random Anime thread.
Axela: * trying to stay current with the TGAT....

Ohh... I have another one!

Atenza: "Axela, get back to work. You have been in the General Random Anime thread for over a week, now."

Axela: "But, nee-sama, I'm waiting for someone to respond to my comments~!"

Last edited:
Caption This! (I know, wrong Thread for this, but I'm bored and want some attention.)

View attachment 642425

My Example: "Mazda executives (Shown: Atenza/Mazda6 & Axela/Mazda3), figuring out their Daylight Savings schedules in Hiroshima and Irvine... AT THE SAME TIME!"

(EDITED: Tried to make my example, to be more understandable.)

If only we had RX-7 FD than I would be happy (already checked Syanago wiki and couldn't find FD RX-7, just SA the first gen)

And yes we need back to topic so here it is :

I absolutely shocked seeing this. I mean why those CG look bad? I'm not following this anime, so I don't know what is this about (just curious and then clicked on it). In the end this scene is definitely not convinced me to watch this show. I mean come on that CG is like came from 90's or early 2000's, looks outdated for current standards.

Also, I wonder if today's anime could make car chase as exciting in live action movies? I know that 80's-90's anime have some good car chase scenes, better than sloppy chase with CGI cars we have right now. Recent anime shows imo look a bit struggle to make some decent chase scenes (not all of them from what I've seen, but most of the part it is often not satisfying). If we could have something like this than I would be happy :

I know it is not a fair comparison to what anime can offer (it is real life btw), but if it could capture the feel, tense and excitement of car chase like this (also with some good animation technics and tricks) that would be great. (I should put Bullitt instead, but Ronin is also good imo.) My apology if you think this is quite nonsense, just my thought I want to share in this thread.

Last edited:

I absolutely shocked seeing this. I mean why those CG look bad? I'm not following this anime, so I don't know what is this about (just curious and then clicked on it). In the end this scene is definitely not convinced me to watch this show. I mean come on that CG is like came from 90's or early 2000's, looks outdated for current standards.

Also, I wonder if today's anime could make car chase as exciting in live action movies? I know that 80's-90's anime have some good car chase scenes, better than sloppy chase with CGI cars we have right now. Recent anime shows imo look a bit struggle to make some decent chase scenes (not all of them from what I've seen, but most of the part it is often not satisfying). If we could have something like this than I would be happy :

I know it is not a fair comparison to what anime can offer (it is real life btw), but if it could capture the feel, tense and excitement of car chase like this (also with some good animation technics and tricks) that would be great. (I should put Bullitt instead, but Ronin is also good imo.) My apology if you think this is quite nonsense, just my thought I want to share in this thread.

I still think 90s animation is the golden era. 00s animation doesn't come close to the level of detail, nor with the colour palette. Best example is Initial D's first stage to all the others - only First Stage keeps the 90s homely feel going.

View attachment 642519
Link:
https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51674896

Well... I've found this from an artist on Pixiv, who also does fan-art related to Syanago. This is the closest thing of having the FD RX- 7 in Syanago. Just fan-art.

Would be better if it is official. Nice drawing btw.

SVX
I still think 90s animation is the golden era. 00s animation doesn't come close to the level of detail, nor with the colour palette. Best example is Initial D's first stage to all the others - only First Stage keeps the 90s homely feel going.

While I agree with your opinion, I don't think today's anime is bad either. There are some good anime these days that give attention to details. However, it depends on the creativity and talent from the staff working behind the studio imo.

Last edited:
While I agree with your opinion, I don't think today's anime is bad either. There are some good anime these days that give attention to details. However, it depends on the creativity and talent from the staff working behind the studio imo.

I feel like that it's not the case with low budget anime. Stuff like Kimi No Na Wa sure, but otherwise it's quite simplistic. I feel like 90s animation was quite consistent with its level of detail - even things like Ex-Driver for example.

Since, you've mentioned itashas... One of the official artists in Syanago made this special Cargirl-specific itasha, based on his/her illustration of the Honda Beat, in an actual Beat.

(Even though, the Toyota Harrier and Mazda Demio/Mazda2 are shown in the hood because it was a gift for two cosplayers, who were dressed up like them...)

Lots Of Tweets:

Last edited:
SVX
I feel like that it's not the case with low budget anime. Stuff like Kimi No Na Wa sure, but otherwise it's quite simplistic. I feel like 90s animation was quite consistent with its level of detail - even things like Ex-Driver for example.

Japan was rich in the 90's. Late 80's / Early 90's Japan had a booming economy, one in which a lot of money was thrown into vanity projects by big business, like niche luxury car brands and electronics.

Some of that loose money definitely found its way into anime studios.

Nowadays, money is tight. And you're lucky if your anime lasts longer than six episodes.

Want high quality long form animation where you don't have to wait years between seasons? Go American. They have more money.

But even there, big name projects can go down the crapper if the ratings won't support them. *cough* Thundercats *cough*

A new Touhou is coming.

Aya and Cirno are playable this time. This is gonna be a madness.

And Cirno has a suntan in this one, while Marisa hasn't been that heavily dressed since SA. As for the story, my guess is that there are enough climate change deniers in the real world that Gensokyo is undergoing global warming.

Also there is a Tasofro fighter coming out this year as well. we may get more details about the two games at the event on 7 May.

Last edited:
SVX
The ones I voted for got in :D But I was voting off the seiyuus instead of the characters themselves, at a hope that they would end up having to travel here.

Would be interesting see seiyuus reaction to each country they going to visit if happens. Btw which character you think look best in this case? I prefer You as she look good wearing Chinese dress (she look good with anything she wear, she is basically a cosplayer lol), Riko look good as well as German maid, curious if she going to start yodelling, doing Polka dance and bring some beers to her fans lol. Yoshiko could give some better costume though, she doesn't look attractive in that maid costume imo, need more colors and variations there.

Would be interesting see seiyuus reaction to each country they going to visit if happens. Btw which character you think look best in this case? I prefer You as she look good wearing Chinese dress (she look good with anything she wear, she is basically a cosplayer lol), Riko look good as well as German maid, curious if she going to start yodelling, doing Polka dance and bring some beers to her fans lol. Yoshiko could give some better costume though, she doesn't look attractive in that maid costume imo, need more colors and variations there.

Fully agree with your opinions, but I'd like to add Chika up there too. Basically a shorter Chinese dress. So good!

SVX
Fully agree with your opinions, but I'd like to add Chika up there too. Basically a shorter Chinese dress. So good!

Chika looks good here though, but I might prefer long dress, somehow looks elegant and delicate.

I can think of many, many more fitting clothing styles for the UK. There are no maids in the UK.

Yes, I thought the same too. Maid might be suit to France, since there is term "French Maid". Maybe they referencing Victorian era maid, but it turns out just like "maid" in general. For UK, I might go for Victorian dresses with those giant skirt or something that British women's wear in 19th century.

Back