• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Needs more Satania
Tw25ZMG.jpg

Also Saber Lion
ohayou__lion_saber_by_lonethunderwolf-d8djdyq.png

Also Medusa because Heaven's feel:
6MrVFFo.jpg

I also want to bring up the fact that Tomoya's room in Saekano S2 has Madoka, Homura,Shinon, Mami, Asuna, Jeanne Alter, some admiral girl (maybe Kantai Collection) and Mashu Nendoroids.

w1KL0P9.jpg

Thanks Aniplex!

Last edited:
I also want to bring up the fact that Tomoya's room in Saekano S2 has Madoka, Homura,Shinon, Mami, Asuna, Jeanne Alter, some admiral girl (maybe Kantai Collection) and Mashu Nendoroids.

w1KL0P9.jpg

Thanks Aniplex!

Nice spotting, btw that girl with admiral uniform I believe she is from Haifuri (High School Fleet).

705177.jpg

Looks like you also watch Saekano. What do you think about the start of this season? I think it is okay.

If he doesn't end up with Utaha, someone's going to die.

Lol, I think I won't go that far... Anyway, I also like Utaha, since that episode 6 from first season came up... goddamn she's aggressive (and hot) lol. Also like her character design too, a bit mature compared other characters (well, that's obvious since she's senior student. Another reason it is because I simply like that kind of character lol). Utaha is good but, my fave is Kato (sorry if you not agree). I like her voice, so calming and pretty sweet imo. Also, like her short hair back in first season better, although her ponytail right now is fine.

Don't get me wrong, I like both Kato and Utaha, but somehow I go for Kato, maybe because her sweet voice and how she did approach toward Tomoya is nice imo. How about you? Is there any character other than Utaha that picked your interest? Just curious.

Damn son, you gotta stop this lol

Also who's here watch Kuzu no Honkai last season? That one is pretty good although have some "naughty" scenes, but it is actually work as metaphor. My favorite romance series so far. Like how all of the main characters realized what they've done and learn from their past experiences. As the result they're all having significant character development through the story imo. Also, it is not a "lovey dovey" kind of romance like what you get in every romance anime. It is quite realistic, a bit dark, have deep meaning and shows complex relationship between each characters. Very thoughtful and really enjoyed it through the end.

Kuzu no Honkai explores how people cope with their loneliness and how they grow out of the mistakes they make.

There isn't much lovey-dovey in this at all.

I think I gave it an 8/10?

how sensei had a change of heart so quickly... but that's just me. If she's been the way she has been because that's the only lifestyle that makes sense to her, it just seems off pace for her to be like this for 10 episodes and then change entirely in just two.

Kuzu no Honkai explores how people cope with their loneliness and how they grow out of the mistakes they make.

There isn't much lovey-dovey in this at all.

I think I gave it an 8/10?

how sensei had a change of heart so quickly... but that's just me. If she's been the way she has been because that's the only lifestyle that makes sense to her, it just seems off pace for her to be like this for 10 episodes and then change entirely in just two.

I agree. Unlike any other teenage romance series that popped up every season they usually go for a childish, sweet and cute moments, it is not the case with Kuzu no Honkai (there are some, but not that much), and that quite revelation in this kind of genre imo. Very thoughtful, grown up and likely enjoyable for mature audiences.

Edit :

Not working if you're in apocalypse :

__kaban_and_serval_kemono_friends_and_mad_max_drawn_by_xiao_qiang_overseas__98021099d5da81b72ed28eda53ae2f7b.jpg

__kaban_kemono_friends_and_mad_max_drawn_by_waterkuma__0c252fccd460a1bfc940d0d462efeaed.jpg

__lucky_beast_kemono_friends_and_mad_max_drawn_by_matsuda_juukou__84d089e297246323b9059c1caa29d754.jpg

Last edited:
So, like I said earlier in this thread, I have started watching the original Naruto.

I started three days ago and I'm done season 1. Thanks, Netflix.

After that, I'm moving on to shippuden, and yes I have tried the hand signs like everyone else.

So this thread would become more unbearable if I posted a picture of a Sharingan instead of talking about my experiences watching Naruto for the first time, correct?

Have to agree with @Cano - the car/anime things were somewhat intriguing at first, but it's gotten a bit erm... questionable as of late.

So this thread would become more unbearable if I posted a picture of a Sharingan instead of talking about my experiences watching Naruto for the first time, correct?

I think anything Naruto will make it unbearable :P

--

Been watching You're Under Arrest recently after stumbling upon this;

...and then having a massive urge to watch. Have not been disappointed in the slightest. Storyline is definitely basic, but it works in this case, because it makes it a nice, relaxing show to watch with no emotions really committed towards it. At 47 episodes just for the first season, I'm definitely in for the long haul, but its so enjoyable to watch I don't mind.

Attention to detail is fantastic. The first four episodes for the OVA prequel were definitely automotive based, which was awesome to watch. The automotive direction definitely levels out afterwards, but it gives good contrast to any form of audience - however, the nod remains with most of the cars being actual renditions.

It really makes me miss the plot detail we don't get in 'common' anime now days - it's basic, but works, and doesn't just give vague plot accordance to the rest of the story. It's interesting while not being complicated. It's been awhile where I'm itching to watch more episodes everyday, as well as having an intro stuck in my head (main series is just as good).

Better? :P

SVX
Have to agree with @Cano - the car/anime things were somewhat intriguing at first, but it's gotten a bit erm... questionable as of late.

I think anything Naruto will make it unbearable :P

--

Been watching You're Under Arrest recently after stumbling upon this;

...and then having a massive urge to watch. Have not been disappointed in the slightest. Storyline is definitely basic, but it works in this case, because it makes it a nice, relaxing show to watch with no emotions really committed towards it. At 47 episodes just for the first season, I'm definitely in for the long haul, but its so enjoyable to watch I don't mind.

Attention to detail is fantastic. The first four episodes for the OVA prequel were definitely automotive based, which was awesome to watch. The automotive direction definitely levels out afterwards, but it gives good contrast to any form of audience - however, the nod remains with most of the cars being actual renditions.

It really makes me miss the plot detail we don't get in 'common' anime now days - it's basic, but works, and doesn't just give vague plot accordance to the rest of the story. It's interesting while not being complicated. It's been awhile where I'm itching to watch more episodes everyday, as well as having an intro stuck in my head (main series is just as good).

Better? :P

Oldschool anime really good at showing details. As you mentioned, looking a Honda Today in that anime itself is a pleasure. Look at how they drawn meticulously detailed dashboard and car exterior, that is something I looking forward on today's anime, but they got spoiled by 3DCGI instead (not all of them I supposed, there are some anime that is still done in a right way). I still remember how original Macross opening looks like, and this has to be one of the best opening in anime history imo. The start of the intro with fighter plane about to take off still give me shivers until today :

I'll try and contribute. The latest I've watched is Strike the Blood.

Cover art definitely was not appealing back in 2014. Still isn't today. Moetube had people voting on an average of 3.8/5... and boy can I see why.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to compare it to shows like DxD where its hook is in the ecchi, but still has an acceptable plot to tell...

Wait now that I mention plot, the setting is cool. You got a manmade island that is held up with magic. People in this world have magical powers. The plot however.... is kinda dumb. The synopsis clearly states that this "Fourth Primogenitor" aka "The strongest vampire in the world" shouldn't exist....

Okay................ so why the 🤬 is he here then? This question is more than likely the driving point of the show, but I don't believe that was ever answered. My impression of it is that it dropped back to the "main guy will save all the girls" route and at that point he just coexists with everyone with no obstacles that challenge that question.

The animation is dodgy at times... During some action sequences, the poses and follow-throughs look very amateur. Also, thisi s one of those shows where you're going to get repetitive lines being said.... Ya know how in Pokemon, it's the "Team Rocket is blasting off againnnnn - Ding!" Well Pokemon is corny enough to be acceptable, but this show- holy moly..... let's just say the characters make the premise of the show worse than it has to be.

Aside from story and cliche characters, the protagonist is a big baka for caring so much for main girl. Of allllll the choices he has, he picks arguably the lamest one. Yukina's the best in fighting and observation, but she totally loses in the Kojou's harem.

Watched the OVA as well as the ongoing 2nd season, which is in the form of an OVA. 2nd season's visuals have seen a good improvement.

I'll try and contribute. The latest I've watched is Strike the Blood.

Cover art definitely was not appealing back in 2014. Still isn't today. Moetube had people voting on an average of 3.8/5... and boy can I see why.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to compare it to shows like DxD where its hook is in the ecchi, but still has an acceptable plot to tell...

Wait now that I mention plot, the setting is cool. You got a manmade island that is held up with magic. People in this world have magical powers. The plot however.... is kinda dumb. The synopsis clearly states that this "Fourth Primogenitor" aka "The strongest vampire in the world" shouldn't exist....

Okay................ so why the 🤬 is he here then? This question is more than likely the driving point of the show, but I don't believe that was ever answered. My impression of it is that it dropped back to the "main guy will save all the girls" route and at that point he just coexists with everyone with no obstacles that challenge that question.

The animation is dodgy at times... During some action sequences, the poses and follow-throughs look very amateur. Also, thisi s one of those shows where you're going to get repetitive lines being said.... Ya know how in Pokemon, it's the "Team Rocket is blasting off againnnnn - Ding!" Well Pokemon is corny enough to be acceptable, but this show- holy moly..... let's just say the characters make the premise of the show worse than it has to be.

Aside from story and cliche characters, the protagonist is a big baka for caring so much for main girl. Of allllll the choices he has, he picks arguably the lamest one. Yukina's the best in fighting and observation, but she totally loses in the Kojou's harem.

Watched the OVA as well as the ongoing 2nd season, which is in the form of an OVA. 2nd season's visuals have seen a good improvement.

Well... that what you expect from harem anime. Watch first season of it too and a bit interested on it's setting and how you met different kind or bad guy every episodes. The rest is simply fanservice and bunch of cliches, nothing special but it is good enough for harem anime imo.

For characters Kujou is those lame and dumb guy who suddenly get surrounded by pretty girls, but his intentions to save and protect those girls (especially Yukina) is quite good and tolerable. Anyway, he is the "main protagonist" of this show isn't it? And Yukina is simply annoying because everytime there is a battle, she often said the same lines over and all over again, like "this is not just your battle Senpai, this is ours!". Her personality also isn't that particularly interesting, instead I would pick Yukina's ponytail friend Sayaka or Kujou's blonde childhood friend, which at the end of first season he choose her as well from what it looks...

Overall I will give 3.5/5 because it is actually good enough to watch and quite enjoyable. Not sure about the OVA's didn't watch them yet.

Last edited:
If I had to talk about harems, I honestly like Sora no Otoshimono and Is this a Zombie?

Both rely on absurd humor but both also become srs bsns (I.E. plot goes full grimdark) near the end.

Time to share mine.

@SVX already knows this and some may do (if you've been looking at my status posts), I've been into shoujo anime lately and recently I've watched Kimi Ni Todoke (almost done I'm in episode 20), Special A (questionable but I binge watched it until episode 20 because it was already 1am), and Ao Haru Ride.

So where should I start? Let's start first with Kimi Ni Todoke.

After I was done watching Ao Haru Ride I was looking for more shoujo anime and then I found Kimi Ni Todoke. Before I decided to watch the series I found a video containing a scene from Kimi Ni Todoke and it was hilarious. The main character Sawako Kuronuma was adorable especially in her chibi form. So that easily convinced me to watch the series and I enjoyed it every bit especially one of the characters Kazuichi "Pin" Arai. He's easily the most hilarious characters in the series. His ego is what makes him hilarious though.

The animation is good and it aged well. Also the VAs are good also. I felt comfortable when I learned that Sawako's VA is Mamiko Noto who also voiced Fuuka Yamagishi from Persona 3. Also both share some similar traits like for example both are introverts first until eventually they found new friends and their personalities eventually improve by time goes on.

For the plot, very simple yet so interesting. I love how Sawako is easily related to Sadako due to their looks but by the time Sawako eventually becomes more approachable to her classmates, her classmates now call her Sawako instead of Sadako so there is character development. But still the plot is simple enough for me to keep me interested.

So my rating for this anime: 4/5*. Can't wait to watch the second season though.

Now for Special A.

This one I accidentally found Special A because of this scene:

Now onto the story, it just simple really. It's about Hikari Hanazono trying to beat Kei Takishima to become number 1 but eventually both of them fell in love in the latter stages of the anime. The characters there are easily lovable. From the first episode until the end, they are still my favorites.

The animation......well I'm aware that all characters have ridiculously long limbs which may remind you of Slenderman, but you'll eventually get used to the long limbs but the animation as a whole, it's good.

The Japanese VAs are good but for the English.....well I'd say its passable. There are some times in which you'll be disappointed with the English VA for example Tadashi has a manly English VA while on the Japanese VA it suited him well for a high school student.

My score for this? 3.8/10*.

The asterisks mean that this is coming from a guy who doesn't follow anime that much.

Well... that what you expect from harem anime. Watch first season of it too and a bit interested on it's setting and how you met different kind or bad guy every episodes. The rest is simply fanservice and bunch of cliches, nothing special but it is good enough for harem anime imo.

For characters Kujou is those lame and dumb guy who suddenly get surrounded by pretty girls, but his intentions to save and protect those girls (especially Yukina) is quite good and tolerable. Anyway, he is the "main protagonist" of this show isn't it? And Yukina is simply annoying because everytime there is a battle, she often said the same lines over and all over again, like "this is not just your battle Senpai, this is ours!". Her personality also isn't that particularly interesting, instead I would pick Yukina's ponytail friend Sayaka or Kujou's blonde childhood friend, which at the end of first season he choose her as well from what it looks....

"No Senpai, this is our fight" is so stupidly forced and not applicable 70% of the time she says it.

Best girl is easily Aiba and/or La Folia.

Yeah, remember I paid $80 to support Sekai via Kickstarter? I get email notifications with Steam Keys for all three games :P finally I can break from Rocket League.

Not to bring back the bad old days of pictures, but somebody's made a perler of Aya.

0wewbm6vpeuy.jpg

No word of a lie, it's basically perfect in every way. In fact, I think Aya might be, too. She's, like, top tier, now. Maybe not top, top tier, but...you know, top tier. For sure.

Last edited:
Back