The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
@bdj57 I actually saw the announcement firsthand during their First Live concert!

Also, @SVX, have you heard the new GK single and B-side?

I haven't heard anything since Thrilling・One Way, haha.

Edit:

Speaking of backlogs, just finished up ReLife after putting off the last few episodes for the longest of times. A pleasantly surprising anime for sure. I was surprised how well it was being received - expecting it to be a generic moe blob show, but ReLife worked the cold hard reality check as well as throwing in some fun times. Pretty much how school really is, I guess.

It was a bit of a sobering experience as an also 17-year-old finishing school soon, though. The line "You don't realise how lucky you are to see your friends every day." is a line that struck waves to me and really made me think about how I treated school.

Definitely worth the watch, and looking forward to the sequel. I don't think I've been more glad for one!

Last edited:
SVX
I haven't heard anything since Thrilling・One Way, haha.

Edit:

Speaking of backlogs, just finished up ReLife after putting off the last few episodes for the longest of times. A pleasantly surprising anime for sure. I was surprised how well it was being received - expecting it to be a generic moe blob show, but ReLife worked the cold hard reality check as well as throwing in some fun times. Pretty much how school really is, I guess.

It was a bit of a sobering experience as an also 17-year-old finishing school soon, though. The line "You don't realise how lucky you are to see your friends every day." is a line that struck waves to me and really made me think about how I treated school.

Definitely worth the watch, and looking forward to the sequel. I don't think I've been more glad for one!

ReLife is good, especially how it gives youth spirit in a adult character to gain better teenage life (and their life as a whole) than before. Like the concept and idea, definitely one of better high school themed anime out there. My favorite moment were all in the finale, simply about shipping between characters and it done nicely imo (it is also kinda sweet though lol).

Waiting if there is another season, definitely want to know more 👍.

Also, one more thing :
Hishiro is bae lol

Edit : Thanks @SVX for the reminder

Last edited:
ReLife is good, especially how it gives youth spirit in a adult character to gain better teenage life (and their life as a whole) than before. Like the concept and idea, definitely one of better high school themed anime out there. My favorite moment were all in the finale, simply about shipping between characters and it done nicely imo (it is also kinda sweet though lol).
Waiting if there is another season, definitely want to know more 👍.

Also, one more thing : Hishiro is bae lol

Spoilers ;)

Last edited:
SVX

Oh yeah sorry, might do some little edit 👍

Btw, have you listened to latest Aqours song "Landing Action Yeah!" ? They do solo cover from each member. All of them are pretty good I guess. Top 3 definitely girls from GK imo. (Not yet listening to Hanamaru and Chika solo though).

I wish I'm not too much being idol crazed here though, just trying to get into their style of songs and music recently. I could talk other topics, but this is what is on my head right now... (dammit)

Oh yeah sorry, might do some little edit 👍

Btw, have you listened to latest Aqours song "Landing Action Yeah!" ? They do solo cover from each member. All of them are pretty good I guess. Top 3 definitely girls from GK imo. (Not yet listening to Hanamaru and Chika solo though).

I wish I'm not too much being idol crazed here though, just trying to get into their style of songs and music recently. I could talk other topics, but this is what is on my head right now... (dammit)

Not yet. Ever since I've gotten my headphones I've just been listening to city pop every single night. I promise to get around to it very soon though. The solos sound very interesting, though. I recall Mirai Ticket had something similar, yeah?

And please, it's making for great discussion! ;) It's not like you're talking about junk like Asuka or anything.

:P

Last edited:
SVX
Not yet. Ever since I've gotten my headphones I've just been listening to city pop every single night. I promise to get around to it very soon though. The solos sound very interesting, though. I recall Mirai Ticket had something similar, yeah?

And please, it's making for great decision! ;) It's not like you're talking about junk like Asuka or anything.

:P

Sssshhh... I think you should be careful with that :lol:

Dunno about Mirai Ticket, didn't check for the solo yet. Probably later. But surely Aqours is improving since their first anime debut imo, it keeps getting better (especially sub-units, GK ftw :D)

GO GO AQOURS!!
20170630_174118.jpg

*Me looking to buy some anime related stuff from some sellers at some small local event yesterday*

Me: Mmmm...Oh you got Super Buu and SS4 Goku there...there's also Mewtwo from...oh...some Naruto related stuff too.

*suddenly spots Toujou Nozomi and Umi figures along with some u's & aqours members keychains*

Me: No...Noo...oh god..*leaves terrified*

Seriously how did it end up there? I thought anything that isn't DB, AOT, One Piece, Naruto or One Punch Man is unknown at all over here but somehow... :odd:

It would seem that stuff is just as popular as the Shounen stuff, which is in a way a cool thing. Goes to show the rest of the world is not stuck in the 90s when it comes to merch.

Long Live Love Live

It would seem that stuff is just as popular as the Shounen stuff, which is in a way a cool thing. Goes to show the rest of the world is not stuck in the 90s when it comes to merch.

Long Live Love Live
I was surprised to not see just one but at least two or three shop owners selling that yesterday.

Even more surprising is seeing these reviews from my local Google play on...you know that game.

Screenshot_٢٠١٧-٠٧-٠١-٢٢-٤٠-١٧.png

And i saw some arabic comments on some youtube LL videos.

Nevermind most of these are women or girls but then again, same goes to My Little Pony (is it still a thing?) where it applies to women over here only.

I'm not ashamed at all.

I wish ADV's out of print stuff of 90s anime they worked on that Funi didn't pick up didn't cost 14 million dollars used, even when it isn't sealed.

Though I guess it is still cheaper than Aniplex stuff.

I never thought this would coming... in form of 30 second noodle commercial...

Also, this one has to be the coolest commercial I have ever seen. The whole thing reminds me of Samurai Champloo though.

(All videos are available with English subs)

And if my ask is anyone catching up this season show? Well I do, but at this point there is not that much title picking my interest yet.

I haven't watched anything this season yet but I'll be watching Owarimonogatari S2 and Fate/Apocrypha at least. Katsugeki Touken Ranbu is probably yes too because ufotable and Hajimete no Gal maybe because I've been reading the manga to that and it's funny and Koi to Uso and Netsuzou Trap -NTR- because...NTR.

I might take a look at Netsuzou Trap, because want to know how the story tackling the relationship between main characters. For this season beginning I think I quite enjoyed the first episode of Kakegurui and Isekai Shokudou/Restaurant To The Another World. Both have pretty solid animation and character design imo.

Kizumono 2: That brain grab. Oh my god.

Anyone go to Anime expo?

Ain't nobody got time for line ups like that. JK it's too far, but I don't think I can justify spending the money to going to my local ones either. Although, it's probably worth it for my otaku self to get out some more.

Even with The Pillows confirmed, I'm still spectacularly cautious about this.
Yeah, agreed. That short trailer seems oddly bland and generic, two words that should never be used to describe Fooly Cooly.

Though I'm not too concerned. If FLCL2&3 suck, it won't bother me in the slightest... they can't retroactively make FLCL 1 any less of a masterpiece. And hey, if they turn out good, then that'll be pretty sweet. So I guess you could say I'm not really cautious, more that I have very faint optimism.

Or in other words, if FLCL2/3 suck then we can just ignore 'em. And if they don't suck, then awesome. Not quite a win/win scenario, but there's no real chance of losing either... it's more of a meh/win scenario. :P

Last edited:
Back