The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Personally, I started to love Ruby's solos after Waku-Waku-Week! Furirin's voice from Genki Zenkai DAY! DAY! DAY! was too much for me that it turned me off from listening to the song in repeat. In Landing action, she seemed to have toned it down to the point that it is bearable to majority of listeners.

Meanwhile...

I'm in love with Komiya Arisa (voice of Dia Kurosawa).
20170710_074610.png
20170710_074630.png

Look up at more anime list of shows this season and I found a possibly solid and strong title this season :

Already watch the first episode and I like it so much. Well then, here comes my rather lengthy impression about it (spoiler warning):

The story is about children who goes for training to become an explorer (or more like archeologists? It similiar to somewhat Indiana Jones with what they doing) One day a kid named Riko (the blonde haired girl) together with her friend go for hunt when they suddenly attacked by mysterious creature. They were survived from the attack because something were hit the creature from the distance. As Riko find out, it turns out a boy who fall and unconcious. Not just a boy, but some kind of android/cyborg. After that, Riko and her friend decided to bring that boy back at their place, which a fosters home for children who trained to be an explorer (or archeologists). And that is all I could remember from the first episode synopsis.

As for the animation aspect, I should say this is gorgeous, especially the settings and background, giving you a Ghibli-esque feel to it. And animation sequence are fluid, it flows really well without any lagged or quirky and jarring sequence. Pretty neat. The soundtrack also imo is fitting with the theme and nice to listen, including the opening and ending. I like it. Simply you just feel watching an anime movie instead of anime series. The main characters are likeable too imo.

So far, I guess this anime have the strongest premiere besides Kakegurui imo. Definitely looking forward for more of this.

About LL what do you guys think about new idol group "Perfect Dream Project?" As far as I know they were introduced just for the game only right now, but could they have their anime debut just like Aqours? Also looking from the character design, this have to be the most stylish and fashionable LL idol group yet imo.

https://lovelive.bushimo.jp/pdp/member-profile/

I wonder how does it feel to endure the Endless Eight arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...........right I'm approaching it since I'm almost done with season 1.

Finished watching Kobayashi Maid Dragon (or whatever the actual name is), incredibly feel-good show i might say. Though the finale was a little sudden.. but i had a feeling something serious will occur eventually. also everytime the show enters one of those "wisdom" moments where the characters get all solemn and reflective, i keep thinking that we'll discover more about them. but we actually don't. i suppose it's all implied so it can't always be explained or spoon-fed. however it especially fell short with the side characters..

edit: tho there was one episode that really stood out for me, and interestingly it's not even any of the comedy / slice of life bits

Heads up my fellow ReLIFE fans: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35466/ReLIFE__Kanketsu-hen
Finished watching Kobayashi Maid Dragon (or whatever the actual name is), incredibly feel-good show i might say. Though the finale was a little sudden.. but i had a feeling something serious will occur eventually. also everytime the show enters one of those "wisdom" moments where the characters get all solemn and reflective, i keep thinking that we'll discover more about them. but we actually don't. i suppose it's all implied so it can't always be explained or spoon-fed. however it especially fell short with the side characters..
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid was a great show. It featured a good balance of slice of life and comedy, with the occasional ecchi slotted in appropriately for great comedic effect. It wasn't some mindless yuri ecchi like the trailers might have suggested; the slice of life aspect of the show was really well done and shone through for me. All the major characters were likeable and had a memorable trait. I believe the finale of the anime wasn't the finale of the source material, so perhaps another season or two will help to fill in some gaps.

SVX
So excited for the special! Great show, and I can't wait to get into it.

Me too! Can't wait to get myself hyped again. Good stuff 👍

Also, I accidentally found Eva 2.0 on my TV and decided to watch it. Unfortunately I didn't watch from the start, instead I start from the middle (a bit lucky to found this). My conclusion is that this one is more mindbreaking than the first one and I like it more. @SVX do you like it too as the first one or there is a difference?

My conclusion is that this one is more mindbreaking than the first one and I like it more. @SVX do you like it too as the first one or there is a difference?

I need to rewatch the Rebuilds actually. Wasn't really a fan of 2.0's ending, but the rest was pretty good. It was 3.0 which I didn't like, but it may be different on a second viewing, because I actually know what's happening this time. I didn't like how 3.0 left you in the dark for so long, really.

SVX
I need to rewatch the Rebuilds actually. Wasn't really a fan of 2.0's ending, but the rest was pretty good. It was 3.0 which I didn't like, but it may be different on a second viewing, because I actually know what's happening this time. I didn't like how 3.0 left you in the dark for so long, really.

Alright then. I also agree the ending was like "that's it for now, see you next time!" kind of thing, but I admit the rest is pretty good. Dunno about 3.0 didn't watch that yet.

I wonder how does it feel to endure the Endless Eight arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...........right I'm approaching it since I'm almost done with season 1.
I contemplated watching all eight, until I saw some of the first one, thought 'Nah, **** that' and just watched the last one instead. There might be some certain moments in each individual one, but they make no difference.

Also god only knows what that new Love Live thing is. More of the same, it appears.

Last edited:
I contemplated watching all eight, until I saw some of the first one, thought 'Nah, **** that' and just watched the last one instead. There might be some certain moments in each individual one, but they make no difference.
Too late man. I ended up watching all eight of the arc. I may as well get an achievement for that though. But moving on to the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya and then the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya for me.

Too late man. I ended up watching all eight of the arc. I may as well get an achievement for that though. But moving on to the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya and then the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya for me.
Eh, fair enough. Tell you what though, watch Disappearance as soon as you can. I guarantee you'll love it.

You just wouldn't shut up about it, would you?
I'm just saying, they can stick with the same formula of nine all they want, but no matter how hard they try, there won't be anyone as pretty as Eli, attractive as Maki, as cute as Hanayo... And so on. I want them to try something different because it'll be something new. And that would be interesting. Yes, I know I'm picky. But that's how I am these days. It takes somebody, or something, special to get me into an anime (character) now. The love I've given to mu's speaks volumes about just how special they are.

^my bad, I was not posing an actual question there. I thought this looked kinda cool.

Finished watching Kobayashi Maid Dragon (or whatever the actual name is), incredibly feel-good show-

Aria the Origination is still the best feel-good show I have probably ever watched.

I also have a total positive bias towards the Aria series.

Space Brothers is also really good for that too; sense of accomplishment, growth as a person.

I'm just saying, they can stick with the same formula of nine all they want, but no matter how hard they try, there won't be anyone as pretty as Eli, attractive as Maki, as cute as Hanayo... And so on. I want them to try something different because it'll be something new. And that would be interesting. Yes, I know I'm picky. But that's how I am these days. It takes somebody, or something, special to get me into an anime (character) now. The love I've given to mu's speaks volumes about just how special they are.

SVX
You watched like, two episodes though
Jeez, the more I see Muse fanatics as baseless and close-minded as him, the more I want to draw myself away from them...

Eh, fair enough. Tell you what though, watch Disappearance as soon as you can. I guarantee you'll love it.
I may as well binge watch the Sigh arc then it's onto the Disappearance arc.

Oh KyoAni, you seriously screwed up the watching order for the Melancholy series. So that's two sins now for KyoAni for me. First is not staying true to the manga version of A Silent Voice and now the improper watching order of the Melancholy series.

Back