The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Speaking of Anime Expo, it turns out KyoAni already did world premiere of Violet Evergarden, and here is the first impression coverage :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea...2017-violet-evergarden-world-premiere/.118349

Also who's hyped for this? It is an OVA prologue before the TV series start next year with the same schedule as Violet Evergarden (early 2018). Didn't realize this was released 20 years ago since I watched it for the first time when I was a kid back in early 00's (I feel old now...)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/con...lear-card-prologue-ova-world-premiere/.118037

And now, time for some nice music. I have just find out that this was taken from T-SQUARE single. Nice.

Here the original reference for comparison :

Yeah, agreed. That short trailer seems oddly bland and generic, two words that should never be used to describe Fooly Cooly.

Though I'm not too concerned. If FLCL2&3 suck, it won't bother me in the slightest... and if they turn out good, then that'll be neat. So I guess you could say I'm not really cautious, more that my optimism is extremely faint.

This, my friends, is what we call undying loyalty :P

And now, time for some nice music. I have just find out that this was taken from T-SQUARE single. Nice.

Here the original reference for comparison :

Nice find. I enjoyed it when the sax solo kicked in. Ja finished Season 2? Edit: just listened to the original source. I don't know what the guy is playing, but after listening to the Woodwinds play the song, this is comparatively SO MUCH LESS CAPTIVATING.

Shame the wrong eye twitched. But that aside, Hanekawa tho.

Last edited:
Nice find. I enjoyed it when the sax solo kicked in. Ja finished Season 2? Edit: just listened to the original source. I don't know what the guy is playing, but after listening to the Woodwinds play the song, this is comparatively SO MUCH LESS CAPTIVATING.

Yes I already finished the S2 and it was good imo. The finale however really gets me, my body didn't ready for that lol. Idk if there is Season 3 though, need more goodness from this anime, especially the music. Did you already finished it?

Btw, that instrument called Electronic Wind Instrument (EWI). It works like synthesizer and you can produce different kind of sound sample with it. Don't know much about it, but here is a demo :

And this what happened when you give it to the pro :

This, my friends, is what we call undying loyalty :P

Not sure what my post has to do with loyalty. If FLCL 2 sucks, I'm not gonna waste my time with FLCL 3. I just meant that FLCL 2 & 3 have no effect on the quality of the original, which will still be great.

Though I guess I see how my post could be misinterpreted, so I'll try to re-word it to clear up any ambiguity.

Yes I already finished the S2 and it was good imo. The finale however really gets me, my body didn't ready for that lol. Idk if there is Season 3 though, need more goodness from this anime, especially the music. Did you already finished it?
A Loooong time ago. There's enough moe in here to garner a third season I would think.
And this what happened when you give it to the pro :

Now that is cool.
Not sure what my post has to do with loyalty. If FLCL 2 sucks, I'm not gonna waste my time with FLCL 3. I just meant that FLCL 2 & 3 have no effect on the quality of the original, which will still be great.

Though I guess I see how my post could be misinterpreted, so I'll try to re-word it to clear up any ambiguity.

Faaaaaannnbooooooyyyy- I'm just messing with you.

Yeah, agreed. That short trailer seems oddly bland and generic, two words that should never be used to describe Fooly Cooly.

Though I'm not too concerned. If FLCL2&3 suck, it won't bother me in the slightest... they can't retroactively make FLCL 1 any less of a masterpiece. And hey, if they turn out good, then that'll be pretty sweet. So I guess you could say I'm not really cautious, more that I have very faint optimism.

Or in other words, if FLCL2/3 suck then we can just ignore 'em. And if they don't suck, then awesome. Not quite a win/win scenario, but there's no real chance of losing either... it's more of a meh/win scenario. :P

Yeah, that's more or less what I'm thinking too. Altough it will have positive effects: more people will check out the original, which by now is largely out of the radar, and the Pillows will make new music which is always a good thing.

I dunno what you mean by this, but the question is: Does this make it worth watching? (No spoilers, please!)

It's worth watching though not just because of one female or a 500 year old vampire.

Well then, I've got some catching up to do... I've only seen up to the end of the second season. Need to start on the third... Especially if it means I can catch Owarimonogatari II when its run starts.

Oh yeah, @bdj57, I got around to getting up to date. Definitely reaffirms my point of enjoying Aqours' music more! Guilty Kiss is simply on fire, and I really enjoyed the GALAXY HidE and SeeK songs too.

SVX
Oh yeah, @bdj57, I got around to getting up to date. Definitely reaffirms my point of enjoying Aqours' music more! Guilty Kiss is simply on fire, and I really enjoyed the GALAXY HidE and SeeK songs too.
You'll enjoy Landing action Yeah!! and their individual solos!

SVX

I know you gonna like it ;). Sub-unit are definitely improving (not sure about Cyaron though). Azalea recent songs are pretty good, especially "Innocent Bird". And Guilty Kiss is stepping up their game more. Can't wait until the next release.

You'll enjoy Landing action Yeah!! and their individual solos!

SVX
Yeah, still getting through that. A song gets tiring if you listen to it nine times in a row :P

To be honest I repeated more than 9 times in a row! :lol:. The normal version of "Landing Action Yeah" is good, but the solo... it is great! :D. I really enjoyed the voices from Guilty Kiss girls, plus Hanamaru is really good after listening to her solo. Like her voice so much now.

And btw @jus1029 and @SVX which solo do you guys prefer?

New Godzilla trailer looks promising... lol

That has to be the best (and cutest) trailer for Godzilla I have ever seen.

On a side note, I (finally) watched the first Madoka Magica movie last night, and
Those girls at the end credits, were they the ones who turned into witches like Sayaka?

And btw @jus1029 and @SVX which solo do you guys prefer?
Yoshiko Yohane because best girl and You because Shuka best 3D girl

-----------

So I discovered this new anime channel (called Aniplus) that might make up for not having Animax in our cable plan...

...which reminded me to start watching Oreimo.

Would probably be better if AiAi could sing in her natural voice. Same with Kotori from the original group. Too squeaky, but Ucchis solo work is great.
FB_IMG_1499485978320.jpg

Yoshiko Yohane because best girl and You because Shuka best 3D girl

-----------

So I discovered this new anime channel (called Aniplus) that might make up for not having Animax in our cable plan...

...which reminded me to start watching Oreimo.

Yohane is great no doubt, but Mari voice imo is more fitting with the tunes. Riko is doing better and surprisingly I fall in love with Hanamaru deep voice.

We also have Aniplus here, but it is on cable TV not local station. They're really catching up with Animax with their list of shows . Unfortunately, my cable plan was in halt for quite long, so can't watch both channel now.

SVX
Yeah CYaRon is a train wreck with Ruby's singing. Never forget the first single :crazy:

Ruby is fine, but Chika's voice that is really bothering me. You is okay I guess.

I T ' S J O K E

19983333_1427038750697704_1729417563340867113_o.jpg

Rumour said it is alive and going for hunt at night...
...searching for young female to being groped and teased... :lol: :scared: .

Ruby is fine, but Chika's voice that is really bothering me. You is okay I guess.

Really? I think she sounds drunk half the time :lol:

@Heldenzeit got me thinking. Would be interesting if there was a collaboration song with the seiyuu's true voices, rather than their acted ones. It'd give voices like Ucchi's and AiAi's a real chance to shine.

SVX
Really? I think she sounds drunk half the time :lol:

@Heldenzeit got me thinking. Would be interesting if there was a collaboration song with the seiyuu's true voices, rather than their acted ones. It'd give voices like Ucchi's and AiAi's a real chance to shine.

Well, not sure about being drunk (lol), but imo Ruby voice is a bit better than Chika, even though Ruby voice is too squeaky and too high pitched for my preference. Still, Cyaron needs better song or something else to compete with the other two imo.

And I also agree with all seiyuu's perform their true voices. That would make interesting comparison.

Back