The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Pic of the day :

64735073_p0.jpg

https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64735073
https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64735073

So currently I'm watching three airing animes (the wait is real) and those are Koi to Uso, Tsurezure Children, and Gamers!. Among the three Gamers! is what stands out the most since its too relatable for gamers.

The only flaw to that anime is...
The amount of misunderstandings in that anime is just unreal. A lot of those who were watching got annoyed due to the misunderstandings but for me I find it hilarious but at the same time I don't mind.
tbh i thought gamers would be pretty terrible, but it's turned out to be pretty fun, i like the characters a lot. the misunderstanding thing was a bit overdone tho. i actually watched the first few episodes of koi to uso aswell, but you could kinda see where that was going so i didn't bother keeping up with it

tbh i thought gamers would be pretty terrible, but it's turned out to be pretty fun, i like the characters a lot. the misunderstanding thing was a bit overdone tho. i actually watched the first few episodes of koi to uso aswell, but you could kinda see where that was going so i didn't bother keeping up with it
Yeah but luckily the recent episode kinda cleared up the misunderstandings a bit but only for Aguri and Uehara. Now Amano needs to worry about Tendou and Hoshinomori.

So currently I'm watching three airing animes (the wait is real) and those are Koi to Uso, Tsurezure Children, and Gamers!. Among the three Gamers! is what stands out the most since its too relatable for gamers.

The only flaw to that anime is...
The amount of misunderstandings in that anime is just unreal. A lot of those who were watching got annoyed due to the misunderstandings but for me I find it hilarious but at the same time I don't mind.

Watching Tsurezure Children too. It's pretty great. So adorable at times, and other times just plain funny. The couple that keep doing little sketches is by far the best one.

Watching Tsurezure Children too. It's pretty great. So adorable at times, and other times just plain funny. The couple that keep doing little sketches is by far the best one.
The Kamine-Goda couple is my favorite so far. They're so adorable.

My second favorite couple would be Kanda and Takase. Another adorable couple.

The Kamine-Goda couple is my favorite so far. They're so adorable.

My second favorite couple would be Kanda and Takase. Another adorable couple.

I like those two as well, although Goda can be a tad too thick at times. The whole texting episode between Kanda and Takase is a comedy goldmine.
The Dating Master is another highlight of the show. I wish I had an afterimage ability too :lol:

I like those two as well, although Goda can be a tad too thick at times. The whole texting episode between Kanda and Takase is a comedy goldmine.
The Dating Master is another highlight of the show. I wish I had an afterimage ability too :lol:
I envy the Dating Master. He has all the things he need to win over a girl. :lol:

Yeah Goda can be thick sometimes but then again he did mention that this is his first time dating with someone so it's a pass for me. Still good couple though.

Browsing through Pixiv and found this funny and interesting mashups of this season anime characters. Can you name them all along with the titles?

__akutsu_akuru_ayanokouji_kiyotaka_hanabatake_yoshiko_iijima_yun_itou_kaiji_and_others_aho_girl_gamers_gochuumon_wa_usagi_desu_ka_hajimete_no_gal_kaiji_and_others_drawn_by_bk209__e87bd455e231fbfdf3892514a06ca8f2.jpg

https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64331401

Also, found this soundtrack while browsing anisong in Youtube. Turns out it was an OST from Drakengard 3, a PS3 game. Never play the game before, but my gosh... this song give me chill and shivers down to my spine. Beautiful yet deep and emotional in the same time. Also I really dig the vocalist voice :

Eir Aoi also did her own version of this song :

Bet you didn't watch something already.
Alright, now there’s some truth to this. But I have an excuse... hurricane harvey, dood.

I plan on catching back up to where I should be though. But afterwards, i’m abandoning the “1 ep per day” model in favor of a dorkier system. Adding the year, month and day together then calculating the digital root... days where the digital root is 4 or 9 are anime days.

Last edited:
Browsing through Pixiv and found this funny and interesting mashups of this season anime characters. Can you name them all along with the titles?

I didn't look at all the names in the image URL, but I can point of Kakegurui, Hell Girl, Aho Girl, and Hajemete no Gal.

Also, found this soundtrack while browsing anisong in Youtube. Turns out it was an OST from Drakengard 3, a PS3 game. Never play the game before, but my gosh... this song give me chill and shivers down to my spine. Beautiful yet deep and emotional in the same time. Also I really dig the vocalist voice :

In that case you should get yourself involved with Nier & Nier Automato's soundtracks

__akutsu_akuru_ayanokouji_kiyotaka_hanabatake_yoshiko_iijima_yun_itou_kaiji_and_others_aho_girl_gamers_gochuumon_wa_usagi_desu_ka_hajimete_no_gal_kaiji_and_others_drawn_by_bk209__e87bd455e231fbfdf3892514a06ca8f2.jpg

https://touch/.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64331401
I see characters from Gamers! (Keita Amano), Koi to Uso (Yukari Nejima, Ririna/Lilina Sanada, Misaki Takasaki, and Yusuke Nisaka), and Tsurezure Children (Takuro Sugawara and Chizuru Takano).

I feel so sad for Keita in that picture. He's the only Gamers! character to appear there. No sign of Karen or even Chiaki.

In that case you should get yourself involved with Nier & Nier Automato's soundtracks

Might check it later, for now I might stuck with this one :P

Also what do you think on Kakegurui latest episode takes on Yumemi? Seems fine to me. But what I like the most is...
...when they sing together in episode 9. Glad to hear Saori Hayami singing. Also, can't wait for episode 10. Things will get serious from there from what I saw in next episode preview.

I see characters from Gamers! (Keita Amano), Koi to Uso (Yukari Nejima, Ririna/Lilina Sanada, Misaki Takasaki, and Yusuke Nisaka), and Tsurezure Children (Takuro Sugawara and Chizuru Takano).

I feel so sad for Keita in that picture. He's the only Gamers! character to appear there. No sign of Karen or even Chiaki.

I also noticed that there is no Made In Abyss character either. Quite sad though because that is one of good show this season and the artist missed that. There is no Princess Principal as well... (It is better than I expected, worth to watch if you interested in espionage story and clever tricks)

Probably the drawing is based on what shows the related artist watch this season imo.

Also what do you think on Kakegurui latest episode takes on Yumemi? Seems fine to me. But what I like the most is...

Meh. Wasn't much of a gamble. No real threat as she already figured out everything from the beginning.

Transitioning point to initiate a battle with Manyuda. If this was an original anime, they could've did away with Yumemi and saved themselves 2 episodes.

There's some summer-season show that's probably gone under most people's radars.

87017l.jpg
87018l.jpg
87523l.jpg

It's called Mahoutsukai no Yome... or The Ancient Magus' Bride. It's fantasy & supernatural.

Young girl finds herself unknowingly being in possession of magical powers of some sort. She can see all sorts of strange creatures humans cannot. Her parents also disowned her. As such, she's got a tough life ahead of her. In current time, she is spending her days being taught magic by Elias, whom I know very litle of, probably to prep her for future work and survival.

Apparently only 3 episodes were screened at AX 2017, the rest of the eps are to resume in October.

I've only watched the first ep. It's got these creatures similarly introduced like in Spirited Away; small ones minding their own business to big ones that are looking to eat you. The art is fantastic and the soundtrack has all been orchestral pieces that reflect the mood of each scene.

Def. check it out.

There's some summer-season show that's probably gone under most people's radars.

87017l.jpg
87018l.jpg
87523l.jpg

It's called Mahoutsukai no Yome... or The Ancient Magus' Bride. It's fantasy & supernatural.

Young girl finds herself unknowingly being in possession of magical powers of some sort. She can see all sorts of strange creatures humans cannot. Her parents also disowned her. As such, she's got a tough life ahead of her. In current time, she is spending her days being taught magic by Elias, whom I know very litle of, probably to prep her for future work and survival.

Apparently only 3 episodes were screened at AX 2017, the rest of the eps are to resume in October.

I've only watched the first ep. It's got these creatures similarly introduced like in Spirited Away; small ones minding their own business to big ones that are looking to eat you. The art is fantastic and the soundtrack has all been orchestral pieces that reflect the mood of each scene.

Def. check it out.

Sounds good, what studio is working on this? Also, is there any stream available?

TFW I only recognised like three characters from shows I don't even know the name of.

I am really out of touch...

SVX
TFW I only recognised like three characters from shows I don't even know the name of.

And what are those three characters? Just asking that's all. I only recognized like 7-8 characters from the three shows I'm watching.

SVX

SVX
View attachment 671059

Circled because I don't know their names either, hah...

Join the club. The only brand new characters I seem to find out about these days are whoever the waifus of the season end up being. And they're never really heard from again afterwards.

I prefer more timeless classics, myself.

EDIT: How the hell did your second post jump to after this one

Last edited:
And what are those three characters? Just asking that's all. I only recognized like 7-8 characters from the three shows I'm watching.

upload_2017-9-5_19-26-48.png

Circled because I don't know their names either, hah...

MF Ghost was released just yesterday, and here's the raw chapter 1:

http://lhscans.com/read-mf-ghost-raw-chapter-1.html

And the main character's name is Kanata Livington, a half-British Japanese who graduated at the top of his racing academy class in UK, and HE'S NOT THE GT-R's DRIVER.

You'll even see Shigeno's attachment towards Initial D there. It's a car. ;)

Yeah I can see it. Nice to see a recent car model like that GT-R Nismo featured there (It is even 2017 model looking at the facelifted dash) after 90's madness we had with Initial D (well it is created in the 90's anyway).

Also I wonder what "MF" mean. Maybe we have to wait until the final chapter like what "D" means in Initial D?

Yeah I can see it. Nice to see a recent car model like that GT-R Nismo featured there (It is even 2017 model looking at the facelifted dash) after 90's madness we had with Initial D (well it is created in the 90's anyway).

Also I wonder what "MF" mean. Maybe we have to wait until the final chapter like what "D" means in Initial D?

Maybe "MF" means a certain curse word. :lol:

I'm guessing Shigeno will give that 86/BRZ the same cult-like aura of the AE86.

Plus, let's hope that R35 won't make it in the "Guardrail Club" which the R32s are part of. :lol:

Maybe "MF" means a certain curse word. :lol:

I'm guessing Shigeno will give that 86/BRZ the same cult-like aura of the AE86.

Plus, let's hope that R35 won't make it in the "Guardrail Club" which the R32s are part of. :lol:

:lol: That would be funny... Oh I've just got what it is probably means :

The series also focuses on the MFG, a racing circuit on public roads that has garnered attention worldwide.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...-ghost-manga-story-1st-page-previewed/.120900

Alright so let me guess, the main character will be the fastest and best driver on that track, just like how Takumi and his panda AE86 being a "ghost of Akina". Man... this will be Initial D all over again but I'm not complaining btw if it is a tribute to Initial D and as long the story is good. Also, wish there will be an anime adaptation cause we need other racing anime besides Initial D and Wangan Midnight these days...

Next up, Daoko (MeMeMe vocalist) and Yasuyuki Okamura (vocalist from Space Dandy opening) both will do the ending theme for Kekkai Sensen & Beyond (2nd season) this October. The opening will be handled by Unison Square Garden which previously done the ending theme for the 1st season :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...tlefront-and-beyond-anime-ending-song/.120899

And one more thing. If you interested on half priced bootleg figure, then some Chinese company will granted your wish. But I'm not sure it will sell because... just look at it... :crazy:

201709040934011-200x150.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-80599.html

Here is the original for comparison :

x_gsc94032_f.jpg

This will became a meme materials for sure :lol:

Bonus :
4j-rT69BKcO8bh0mKlpJIiwxCfr7LmQCltykkDCzoHw.jpg

"Fate/Stay Night-mare?" :D :scared:

Last edited:
So... who's here like Sayuri? Found this video, try to watch it and then... pure cuteness overload...

If you didn't know her she is the vocalist for Kuzu no Honkai/Scum's Wish ending song "Heikousen" :

("Parallel Lines" is English translation of "Heikousen")

Back