The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Well this happened. 🤬 MAL.
Untitled.png

I get this is a meme but I don't find it funny at all.

Edit:
Untitled.png

🤬 me.

Last edited:
Rating things is stupid, imo. It's completely subjective, and there's a difference between "enjoying" a show and "finding it good". I said this earlier in the thread that I'd stop doing it, because occasionally I'd get worked up on how I voted a show - what's more important is whether I enjoyed it or not.

Are you actually angry or are you just in on the joke?
I was just like "How did this happen MAL?". Let's just say I'm completely shocked to see this happening.

Well anyway I'm glad to see it no longer on the top three. I don't take ratings seriously (hence my style of rating is 8-10 plus I rarely give something I watch lower than 6.).

Watched the first ep.

They actually throw in some slurred Japanese in there. Catch say I've noticed the original Pingu having any slurring.

Also, the subs are top notch.

But damn modern Pingu is obnoxious.

Great obnoxious Pingu. Just what I needed.

But yeah I watched and it is obnoxious as it can get. Dropped it because I don't think I can handle the level of obnoxiousness in the modern Pingu.

Anyway anybody else has MAL here? Add me.

Just watched Two Car's first ep.

Don't know if I'd want to continue this.

At the heart of it, the racing does get you pumped up with the bike engine sounds, but the characters aren't keeping me.

Just watched Two Car's first ep.

Don't know if I'd want to continue this.

At the heart of it, the racing does get you pumped up with the bike engine sounds, but the characters aren't keeping me.

That's a plus over that stupid bike show what's-it-called.

SVX

You mean Bakuon! right? Even though it is pretty stupid and lunatic, it does have some good point especially knowledge and jokes about bikes. Which I find it quite enjoyable at least.

Will check Two Car later on. From what I've seen from the PV it is going to be Japanese take on Isle of Man's TT. Instead the majority of cast are female and I quite worry about it... However, still going to jump on it since I need some new racing anime to enjoy.

And last but not least, a reminder :

Long live, Love Live :lol:

We are all so deep in idol hell we've bought a house in it and moved in.

Before you all go on about LL, allow me to talk about iM@s one last time. Because I've finally done a full-on review of CG's anime. I'd say it's worth the watch, if it wasn't for the fact I seem to be the only person who actually liked the thing. So I don't know if any of you would, either.

NrZwSFT.jpg

Be excellent to each other.

Watched the hour-long Fate Grand Order.

Don't quite grasp the nitty gritty bits, but it is interesting that they went with the idea of time-traveling to other periods of time.

SVX
It is, but it seems like it may be about as unenjoyable as Rolling Girls whenever they're off races.

Perhaps someone should do what someone else did with Black Rock Shooter and just compile all the races and leave out everything else.

They do get into driving techniques with how the passenger distributes the weight to reduce draft, increase grip and balance. And this was only the first ep.

Last edited:
Classroom of the Elite 12

Whhhattt? They just end it off like that?

I'd sooner read the manga than Kakegurui.

@AOS- What did you think on Kakegurui? A bit surprised they go for original ending. Do you think second season is possible? Because I hope so.

Also, I just did first episodes of Fall season anime. Food Wars and Kekkai Sensen still maintain it's characteristics as usual imo. Love Live seems getting quickly jumped into the main plot, interesting to see what happen next. And for the season premiere, I did Girls Last Tour. The first episode were fine, while also there is some foreshadowing that makes viewer get interested to follow the progress of the story. Soundtrack is calming and nice to listen. Slightly mellow but also felt relaxing.

And speaking about LL here are some drops to celebrate :

65312105_p0.jpg

64779303_p0.jpg

65255251_p0.jpg

63834896_p8.jpg

@SVX :

63834896_p9.jpg

BUU BUU DESU WA! :lol:

Last edited:
I may be late but to those who has the GT Sport demo, has anyone tried making itasha liveries that are based from real life like this Nissan GTR Nismo GT3 for example?
025617-DIJON%20RACIN.jpg

I have 2 projects where I'm recreating the Miku Z4 GT3 and EVA-02 911 GT3 on model cars.

I have 2 other projects where I'll be making an original livery with a SL65 Black Series and a RX-7 FD.... also on model cars.

Am I cool enough yet?!

My watchlist for Fall 2017:

Girls' Last Tour - came for the seiyuus, stayed for the visuals and soundtrack. The premise of two young girls exploring the last remains of war is breath of fresh air from the previous series I've seen. No magic, no moe, just two kids in a Kettenkrad.

Blend S - Hilarious, as expected! Can't wait for the idol maid to appear...

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 - Wow, it's been a year since I became a weeb, and this show was the catalyst. Of course, the hype I had since First Live (around Feb) hasn't dwindled since.

^ I've never seen a lump of fat protrude so far out the body that you can practically see the whole spherical form of it.

@AOS- What did you think on Kakegurui? A bit surprised they go for original ending. Do you think second season is possible? Because I hope so.

I don't think it can hit a second season, because I wouldn't know how to connect the story back to the manga given what they did with ep 12.

I just finished reading a battle Yumeko has with Igarashi that is supposed to take place after Manuyeda's battle. Chap 28 roughly. I'd read it from there.

^ I've never seen a lump of fat protrude so far out the body that you can practically see the whole spherical form of it.

I don't think it can hit a second season, because I wouldn't know how to connect the story back to the manga given what they did with ep 12.

I just finished reading a battle Yumeko has with Igarashi that is supposed to take place after Manuyeda's battle. Chap 28 roughly. I'd read it from there.

Imo they could improvise and going on with anime adaptation since the ending from my own perspective wasn't really a climax. They can go back to manga route. Also, the final duel isn't exactly a big showdown imo. Instead, it is some kind of warm up for Yumeko and Kirari themselves. Then they can have proper battle for second season. At least that what I thought.

Edit : About the pic, I admit that it isn't artist best effort though. A bit slack and overdue on body proportions this time. The previous illustration is much better :

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back