The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Doki Doki Literature Club is one of the sweetest and heartwarming VNs I've come across. It's free on Steam so if you want a story full of sunshine and flowers, give it a try.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Doki Doki Literature Club is one of the sweetest and heartwarming VNs I've come across. It's free on Steam so if you want a story full of sunshine and flowers, give it a try.

Hahahahahaha... You're not fooling me, sunshine.

In other news...

NtqKmXb.gif
NFO4BKd.jpg
A3ICt4S.png
OLEDkap.png
g2KTuyH.png
IEuNe9x.png
TCfrqgX.png
E9ntfHU.jpg
B36CKcd.png
FXgQAOi.jpg
GvLrL36.png

I might have moved on from Love Live, but Eli will live forever. Khorosho.

(I wanted to post more images of others, but I don't have enough I want to post at the moment. I'll probably come back here with some writing, almost inevitably on Idolmaster.)

Hahahahahaha... You're not fooling me, sunshine.

In other news...

NtqKmXb.gif
NFO4BKd.jpg
A3ICt4S.png
OLEDkap.png
g2KTuyH.png
IEuNe9x.png
TCfrqgX.png
E9ntfHU.jpg
B36CKcd.png
FXgQAOi.jpg
GvLrL36.png

I might have moved on from Love Live, but Eli will live forever. Khorosho.

(I wanted to post more images of others, but I don't have enough I want to post at the moment. I'll probably come back here with some writing, almost inevitably on Idolmaster.)

Speaking of Eli, I got an amazing pull on SIF last night:

22711967_1280379792067739_1076653257_o.png

One of which is one of the pictures you showed:

22713003_1280380252067693_1014195222_o.png

And the others:

22690593_1280383502067368_379466857_o.png

22664186_1280380282067690_769936474_o.png

22711967_1280382452067473_129609430_o.png

Yo I've got good stuff right here. Who want some itasha's ?

I really like Kawaii Turismo Sport. i thought I'd buy it later, when more content gets added, but no, I don't regret pre-ordering it.

9aJbZVQg6ws.jpg

jgE8ZMvXAzg.jpg

^This livery made me start this anime (Himouto! Umaru-chan). :D

UBg1XC_SrfI.jpg

7uU8xL5kFaA.jpg

ndgn1sycGjM.jpg

I've also seen a Haruhi 911 GT3 RSR, but I don't have this car yet.

Right, so far Fall season is pretty good imo. Glad to see the second episode of Two Car give some slight characters relationship and shows a bit of shakedown test before race season starts, which from what I've seen is better executed than the first episode. Other shows basically is just fine atm.

And with the release of GT Sport, I can't wait to see more creative ideas being unleashed with the addition of livery editor. So far, it is the most appealing factor to get and play GTS with people posting lots and lots of photos of their livery design, especially itashas. No doubt this will turn into huge advantage for GTS in the future.

And for the last, here is the full version of Aqours summer mixtape. They sure improved a lot don't they? @SVX @jus1029

And also still LLS related :

Well, there goes my new fave song :lol:

With this much liveries in GT Sport, there should be a dedicated itasha thread in the Livery Editor subforum!

Brother told me he was watching Gurren Lagann. He said he was enjoying it. The little devil in me started snickering inside at what was in store for him.

"I really like Kamina. His head strong attitude and gung-ho mentalitly remind me of Seth."

And just like that, my snickering turned into actual internal screaming and dread. His friend Seth passed away several years ago in a plane crash. It emotionally crushed him.

All of a sudden all of the similarities stitched together and I realized my brother was heading for a potentially massive emotional bomb.

That show messed made me depressed when I watched it a few years ago and that was without any massive emotional skeletons threatening to ruin my enjoyment.

Finally caught up with Sunshine.

From what I've seen so far, it's alright. It's still got the issues of being slightly too similar in places, or a similar situation but changed up with another obstacle or something. I found the first couple of episodes really hard to get into, and I think it was due to a core issue of character design. The character tropes were heavily relied on, which is odd for a second season to sort of forget its placing. You have Hanamaru's tick, Yohane's chunni stuff and Mari's... thing..., which is fine and dandy as that's what they were expressed as, and they had the odd exposure every other scene in the first season. Then for the second season, it was every conversation and every sentence that Yohane would say something stupid or Mari would be excited. It was still enjoyable but it took away from the experience from me because it didn't really feel like the characters were actually connected to anything. Not helped by the disorientated episodes which felt kind of meaningless in the end.

However, things really improved with the third episode. It felt like old Sunshine, not quite to the original show's level - but it was enjoyable and carefree without getting caught up in itself. I found it far easier to watch and follow. The characters felt like they were doing something for a reason, not just to follow the trope of their character design. The new song really is great too, and a perfect fit for the traditional Japanese yukatas they were wearing. The design was definitely a strong nod to Angelic Angel of the movie, which is really welcome as the song and costumes worn were some of my all time favourites. I think I'll faint if they decide to wear the costumes in one of the live shows next year, because I'm sure the voice actresses will look stunning in such a nicely designed costume. Speaking of stunning, I forgot how much I missed Dia! It's awesome to see her getting way more screen time, episode four looks like it will provide some excellent background to her character as well.

Other than that I think the last thing I watched was the new Kuroko no Baske episode, Last Game? That was alright I suppose. It was a good send off to the series, but nothing really to write home about or really watch unless you have at least a passing interest in sports or basketball.

SVX
Other than that I think the last thing I watched was the new Kuroko no Baske episode, Last Game? That was alright I suppose. It was a good send off to the series, but nothing really to write home about or really watch unless you have at least a passing interest in sports or basketball.

I'm interested in both. Heard plenty about Kuroko - of course I would, it's bloody popular - but never had the time or inclination to get into it. Tell me more.

SVX
Finally caught up with Sunshine.

From what I've seen so far, it's alright. It's still got the issues of being slightly too similar in places, or a similar situation but changed up with another obstacle or something. I found the first couple of episodes really hard to get into, and I think it was due to a core issue of character design. The character tropes were heavily relied on, which is odd for a second season to sort of forget its placing. You have Hanamaru's tick, Yohane's chunni stuff and Mari's... thing..., which is fine and dandy as that's what they were expressed as, and they had the odd exposure every other scene in the first season. Then for the second season, it was every conversation and every sentence that Yohane would say something stupid or Mari would be excited. It was still enjoyable but it took away from the experience from me because it didn't really feel like the characters were actually connected to anything. Not helped by the disorientated episodes which felt kind of meaningless in the end.

However, things really improved with the third episode. It felt like old Sunshine, not quite to the original show's level - but it was enjoyable and carefree without getting caught up in itself. I found it far easier to watch and follow. The characters felt like they were doing something for a reason, not just to follow the trope of their character design. The new song really is great too, and a perfect fit for the traditional Japanese yukatas they were wearing. The design was definitely a strong nod to Angelic Angel of the movie, which is really welcome as the song and costumes worn were some of my all time favourites. I think I'll faint if they decide to wear the costumes in one of the live shows next year, because I'm sure the voice actresses will look stunning in such a nicely designed costume. Speaking of stunning, I forgot how much I missed Dia! It's awesome to see her getting way more screen time, episode four looks like it will provide some excellent background to her character as well.

In my opinion the second season of Sunshine is fine nonetheless. First couple of episode is good, then it is all the way up in episode 3, as you said with new song and pretty looking costumes (you will also noticed every character got their hairstyle tweaked too lol). New OP is much better than the first one, while the ED is just... okay.

Actually, I like how this second season goes, trying and given new approach to it's characters, especially as seen in second episode where some of characters tropes that isn't appeared at first season were present this time (glad they finally showed Mari likes heavy metal though). They should be no longer attached to Muse's legacy or influence in this regard and to me they seems already done it being an Aqours themselves.

Oh btw here some drops :

Never thought about this before, but this siblings are pretty likeable and sweet.

__kurosawa_dia_and_kurosawa_ruby_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_smile_violet__0dee581bc18662f2711ef9b0da84d370.jpg

__kurosawa_dia_and_kurosawa_ruby_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_sakura_yuki_clochette__9a7d5864a95e09be8ffc990b57fe9923.jpg

OBEY THE MARU, ZURA!!!

__kunikida_hanamaru_and_takatsuki_kanako_fate_series_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_cowengium__f16693c121e3eeaef22c7a70118e053f.jpg

Also, to celebrate upcoming episode @SVX :

__kurosawa_dia_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_papi_papiron100__d9064ec5d8f776cb0cf17d458d0d6cfa.jpg

Edit : Fixed some typo's

Last edited:
Off to England this evening to attend ComiCon in London on Saturday. It's part of my elective (fandoms and celebrities) at university. To be honest, I hate the elective and consider it a waste of my time, but going to the Con ought to be fun. Wonder if I'll find any interesting merchandise. Maybe some for Kimi No Na Wa or Konosuba?

Off to England this evening to attend ComiCon in London on Saturday. It's part of my elective (fandoms and celebrities) at university. To be honest, I hate the elective and consider it a waste of my time, but going to the Con ought to be fun. Wonder if I'll find any interesting merchandise. Maybe some for Kimi No Na Wa or Konosuba?

First time i have heard of an elective of this fashion.

Wow, I forgot entirely about the London ComiCon. Still time to buy a ticket, so buy one I shall... (EDIT: Mine's for Sunday.) Don't suppose anyone else is headed there here, too?

In other news, I am very definitely in idol hell now.

lSy5PA2.jpg

See? I am in idol hell.

3lB6I94.png
97faBvD.jpg
wV4XJjW.jpg
lfBozmn.jpg
oz9IVre.jpg
XI0NU2k.jpg

I also wanna re-do two sorters, because others are doing the same elsewhere. But I am so pressed for time it's almost impossible. Sigh.

Last edited:

@bdj57 @SVX

Also, just came from Aqours 2nd Live delayed viewing of Saitama Day 2. You know it gets full-on weeb when almost everyone was marching/running around the theater to some songs. (i.e. Sunshine Pikapika Ondo, Thrilling ONE WAY)

Which con? Honestly somewhere like London MCM I'd rather go alone to have time to browse the stalls and not worry about getting lost. A smaller one, like one of the ones in the Midlands or whatever would likely be more fun in a group.

Brother told me he was watching Gurren Lagann. He said he was enjoying it. The little devil in me started snickering inside at what was in store for him.

"I really like Kamina. His head strong attitude and gung-ho mentalitly remind me of Seth."

And just like that, my snickering turned into actual internal screaming and dread. His friend Seth passed away several years ago in a plane crash. It emotionally crushed him.

All of a sudden all of the similarities stitched together and I realized my brother was heading for a potentially massive emotional bomb.

That show messed made me depressed when I watched it a few years ago and that was without any massive emotional skeletons threatening to ruin my enjoyment.

Will what happen next shock us?

jk that's awful. Bad brother you are. 100 sudokus for you.

Ho yeah, boy. You bought figmas. :P

Anyone seen this?

Looks interesting. English name is Violet Evergarden.

It's not even out yet.
Spice and Wolf has one of the best openings in my mind:

It's also one of my top anime series now.

One of my favourite styles of pop music.

Back