The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
So I'm looking at Chuunibyou Take On Me's MAL page an it's already getting some scores since today is the release date of the movie. So far it has a rating of 7.61.

Edit:
Looks like Take On Me is not used in the movie based from MAL's staff section where a-ha is not listed. If the song not used then wasted opportunity there by KyoAni.

Crosses fingers if Take On Me is used in the movie.

Hello everyone! How is your holidays? Anyway for today I'm just gonna dropped some pics :

65433634_p0.png
66678954_p0.png
IMG_20171231_171036.jpg
IMG_20180107_051739.jpg

IMG_20180106_103506.jpg
IMG_20180103_050547.jpg
IMG_20180104_135312.jpg

So.... y'all watch RWBY E11?

edit: I'll just post it for y'all:

I found the plot from everyone splitting up their fights to be rather lame. I'm also seeing many people complaining about the choreography this episode.

What I really dislike the direction on was Cinder dropping her attention on Jaune and immediately switching over to throw a lance into Weiss. It's not the fact they now kill off Weiss, it's the fact that Weiss's opponent was not the one to finish her, and that Jaune got disregarded after Cinder lost her cool thanks to him.

Either way, they killed off Weiss. It seemed this episode was one way to finally reveal the combat limitations of whatever art she practices. @nk4e A zoner loses to close-range fighters who keep up the pressure.

Good news! Tanya The Evil will get movie adaptation and it is NOT a recap. I repeat it is NOT a recap. It is actually a sequel to first season. Can't wait to see the little Tanya slaughter all of her enemies lol :

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...quel-film-reveals-teaser-video-visual/.126172

Also, I really glad to hear this. How about you @AOS ? :

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-06/kakegurui-anime-gets-2nd-season/.126120

Oh yeah, the Winter season has started. What shows do you guys watching and what did you think for this season's first week?

@bdj5

Welp Considering that episode 12 didn't exist in the manga, this is going to be weird for me.

Also, it's obligatory (obligatory I say!) that if you're going to bring it up, you share the source image of next season's lineup:

I'm actually reading off Anichart.net right meow:

Violet Evergarden
citrus
Kokkoku
Take on Me

Last edited:
Count me in for Violet Evergarden. Also hoping that a 3rd season of Konosuba will appear out of nowhere.

Started watching Garden of Sinners, as per recommendation. It's very weird and incoherent. Animation is gorgeous though.

If you're watching it in the episode order, you'll notice it tells its story from different points in time. So it's not entirely beginning to end.

So.... y'all watch RWBY E11?

edit: I'll just post it for y'all:

I found the plot from everyone splitting up their fights to be rather lame. I'm also seeing many people complaining about the choreography this episode.

What I really dislike the direction on was Cinder dropping her attention on Jaune and immediately switching over to throw a lance into Weiss. It's not the fact they now kill off Weiss, it's the fact that Weiss's opponent was not the one to finish her, and that Jaune got disregarded after Cinder lost her cool thanks to him.

Either way, they killed off Weiss. It seemed this episode was one way to finally reveal the combat limitations of whatever art she practices. @nk4e A zoner loses to close-range fighters who keep up the pressure.

She isnt the zoner type...I always thought ruby was the zoner type. Weiss was a bit more technical. Though it just seems that they are building a entire arc rather slowly. Blake is not in the picture yet. I was a bit sad seeing Ruby getting knocked out rather early while attempting to activate super sayian god mode.(silver eyes..)

She isnt the zoner type...I always thought ruby was the zoner type. Weiss was a bit more technical. Though it just seems that they are building a entire arc rather slowly. Blake is not in the picture yet. I was a bit sad seeing Ruby getting knocked out rather early while attempting to activate super sayian god mode.(silver eyes..)

I've always felt Ruby doesn't have a particular style other than trying to look boss. Has there ever been a time where she integrates the firearm component of her scythe in mid battler aside from backing off just to unload a few telegraphed shots? In any case, I liked that Silver Eye activation was partly stopped. It revealed a weakness of Cinder taking those Maiden powers from Pyrrha.

I guess Weiss can be seen as technical with all the magic she has, but she seems to require so much startup time for everything and I think (for all I remember) she uses her sword more like a magic wand than a melee weapon. She was completely stomped on by Spring Maiden. She found herself playing defensive most of the time, retreating back on her magic seal platforms. I'm not sure why really... maybe it is just not very entertaining choreography. Nevertheless, she appeared to be out of answers to the point that she sought many opportunities, at a helluva bad time to summon a familiar that she even went as far as to put up a wall JUST to go do it a third time. Like dude, do you not just feel that blow to the back 2 minutes ago? This is totally not the time to be summoning a guy!

But god, now that I think about the fight(s) again, I found myself being frustrated how many moments everyone stopped to look at another person's battle, killing the flow and tension each time.

I've always felt Ruby doesn't have a particular style other than trying to look boss. Has there ever been a time where she integrates the firearm component of her scythe in mid battler aside from backing off just to unload a few telegraphed shots? In any case, I liked that Silver Eye activation was partly stopped. It revealed a weakness of Cinder taking those Maiden powers from Pyrrha.

I guess Weiss can be seen as technical with all the magic she has, but she seems to require so much startup time for everything and I think (for all I remember) she uses her sword more like a magic wand than a melee weapon. She was completely stomped on by Spring Maiden. She found herself playing defensive most of the time, retreating back on her magic seal platforms. I'm not sure why really... maybe it is just not very entertaining choreography. Nevertheless, she appeared to be out of answers to the point that she sought many opportunities, at a helluva bad time to summon a familiar that she even went as far as to put up a wall JUST to go do it a third time. Like dude, do you not just feel that blow to the back 2 minutes ago? This is totally not the time to be summoning a guy!

But god, now that I think about the fight(s) again, I found myself being frustrated how many moments everyone stopped to look at another person's battle, killing the flow and tension each time.

The majority of the active fighters were everybody else but Ruby...she is there for plot. Aside from Grimm attacks, Ruby doesn't even help at all against other hunter/huntresses.Weiss probably doesn't understand the full extent to the summoning or is scared to use it. Volumes 4 and 5 seemed to be about the plot and characters for me.

Wow. Has RWBY had any decent combat since S3? People say the fighting choreography went to turd after Monty's passing. I forgot all about Ruby twirling her scythe.

Also Violet Evergarden ep1 is out. It's pretty. This show could very well play on the same themes as the standard protagonist starting a new life not knowing a thing in the world.

Also, word has it Citrus is going to be generic yuri. #everyonegetonthis

I just keep watching RWBY for the hell of it now. I love Pyrrha's solo fight.

The Citrus manga seems a bit intense than the anime...

If you haven't watched Devilman Crybaby yet... Well... I cannot recommend it in good faith due to the extreme graphical content.

However, I haven't watched anything like it and I agree with those who are already claiming it is the Anime of the year.

The animation is stunning, the soundtrack is perfect and the characters are well flushed out for only 10 episodes.

I haven’t watched anime in quite a while, but I started the year off with Devilman Crybaby.

Incredible. Haven’t finished it as I’m still in a state of shock from prior episodes, though.

I just keep watching RWBY for the hell of it now. I love Pyrrha's solo fight.

The Citrus manga seems a bit intense than the anime...

Wow..... we totally don't have fights like that in the later seasons....

Also Pyrrha is arguably the best fighter.

Did anyone here watch this? :

To be honest I'm very impressed. The animation quality is solid and it is cozy to watch. Curious to see how the story progresses albeit of huge age differences between main characters. Pretty much sold in this first episode.

Next up is of course Violet Evergarden. Well it looks like KyoAni just stepping up their game with this new adaptation for better animation and storyline. Can't wait to see what they can bring for future episodes. It is going to be a nice yet touchy ride I supposed.

Btw, another Aqours solo had been dropped boys! This time Yohane shows her prowess with her own solo (God it is lit af lol) and Riko did it nicely too in my opinion. Can't wait for the full versions! :D

One more thing, recently I really enjoyed those Virtual Youtuber stuff for some moment. Imo Kizuna Ai is still the most popular right now (I like some of her videos too btw. It is fun and entertaining) However, this new girl just caught my attention recently :

There are other newly made virtual Youtuber as well and they were fine, but Kaguya Luna is my favorite atm. She has unique personalities (her voice too) and in some moment... she is trolling you... straight in your face... :lol:

One thing she need is probably to increase her fps though lol.

I thought Ancient Magus Bride was going to not be as good as people say it is. I was proven wrong easily. The art is exactly the way I like anime looking, and the animations are really smooth, plus the soundtrack plays a nice part overall. I just wish the full thing was there so I don't have to wait on a weekly basis.

One more thing, recently I really enjoyed those Virtual Youtuber stuff for some moment. Imo Kizuna Ai is still the most popular right now (I like some of her videos too btw. It is fun and entertaining) However, this new girl just caught my attention recently :

There are other newly made virtual Youtuber as well and they were fine, but Kaguya Luna is my favorite atm. She has unique personalities (her voice too) and in some moment... she is trolling you... straight in your face... :lol:

One thing she need is probably to increase her fps though lol.

Oh god, Kaguya Luna. Aka Kizuna Ai if she were a ****-post.

Kizuna Ai dess did actually call out Kaguya Luna shortly after she broke out.

That is the most polite rage I have ever seen.

I suppose to offer some balance, I should talk about what's happening in Idolmaster right now. And what's happening is an event which basically amounts to Kyoto: The Song. The lovely Sea and the really, really lovely Syuko have come together to make a song that's actually quite exciting.

My favourite thing to come out of the event, though, is this:

100487.png

T9vAEpC.png

Zzzyuko

I suppose I should also mention that they gave the resident dominatrix, Tokiko, an SSR in the latest gacha. And they gave her two right feet in her awakened artwork. Oops. (EDIT: They fixed it.)

Apparently, most people 'were expecting Mika' from the gacha instead. Well look, I love Mika very dearly, but at the rate she's going we won't live to see her get a perm SSR. Although I should state that if the gacha had been perm Mika, I would have screamed and fallen off my chair that morning. Instead, I only fell off my chair laughing at the fact Tokiko now has an SSR instead.

Last edited:
So... I will kindly ask... what do you guys think of Pop Team Epic? Love it or hate it? Me like it because of dank memes and I'm not regretting my decision to watch it. Never...

Never...

Never...

__pipimi_and_popuko_die_hard_and_poptepipic_drawn_by_bkub__ea23d546a127f5bbd039754c4f3aec4c.jpg

So here's the Godly 15 of MFG.

IMG_085.jpg

911 GT3 and 718 Cayman S are at the top, obviously... outranking the monsters such as Ferrari 488, Audi R8 V10 Plus GT-R Nismo, and Lambo Huracan.

And Kanata apparently made it to the Top 15, and he was even surprised...

Last edited:
Played DDLC. It was ok but i'm not sure what the hype around it is about. Whoever did the programming did a damn good job but..that's about it.

JUST MONIKA

• Likable characters
  • Well-written
  • The programming
  • Many people can relate to the characters' problems
    Sayori's depression, Natsuki's abusive father, Monica's feeling of helplessness in something she has no control over
  • The meta way it calls out the visual novel harem formula
  • The way it ends is pretty great
  • It's just a game that leaves a lasting impression on most
At least, that's what I've gathered from people's playthroughs and comments on the game.

she da fake queen

26733505_761788547365011_7645935982953256966_n.jpg

Then let's decide who is right with spitting contest brudda. That is da only way to finish this once and for all...

FOR UGANDA!!!

(Starts clicking)

Seconds later :

(Commence intense and fierce spitting)

My gosh what I have done lol. :lol:

Alright I will be back to topic I guess. There is another Aqours songs that is just dropped today :

"Water Blue New World"

"Wonderful Stories"

I think I prefer the last one. Water Blue New World is okay, but not that great in my opinion. Wonderful Stories however is very cheerful yet sweet song while also being nice closure for the TV series. Next up is movie adaptation, let's see what they will bring to us.

Edit : Replaced link with another available video. Also what do you think of LLS S2 @SVX @jus1029 ?

Last edited:
Back