The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
25398807_2011982209083160_2080164649227509881_n.png

Afterwards, I found this:

They announced another new character for it yesterday. Tenshi, a character previously conceived by the fighting games, is coming back. Looking forward to this one. If they make another PS4 version, I could conceivably have three copies of it. Which would be fun.

Oh, and my Reimu nendo has started its long trip overseas. I already know what my next figure is gonna be: it'll be quite a lot larger. And expensive. I'll show it once it's actually complete.

I'd spend the rest of this post putting images in a spoiler tag, something I haven't done in a while... But I don't have enough images to really do such a thing. Probably because I've been so busy listening to iM@s music instead. Either on YouTube or in Starlight Stage. I'll probably post some good'uns later, instead. Getting closer to the fabled level 50. Can't wait for the next CinFes and the next SSR ticket.

pJ5oqQt.jpg

Not surprised if Mari would drive this in Italy...

IMG_20171211_085857.jpg

Love the VW Bus. My dad used to own one :

IMG_20171212_212952.jpg

IMG_20171214_184619.jpg

And here comes loads of drops... Don't worry I put it on spoiler tab :

IMG_20171206_133319.jpg
IMG_20171207_204425.jpg
IMG_20171209_041108.jpg
IMG_20171209_040944.jpg
IMG_20171215_050807.jpg
IMG_20171216_110137.jpg

Splatoon X Aqours. Pretty cool though :

IMG_20171215_201234.jpg

Since now is the premiere week of Star Wars latest film here, so... :

LL SW.png

:D :lol:

Just calming down, on Cargirls. And, just going to focus on Tactical Dolls, for a little bit.

(Also, adding a spoiler tag.)

573B5A64-41CF-41A9-AB59-C3693C934C2B.jpeg

What could be, my future GTP Avatar picture.

CAA61A6B-215B-4942-B2C2-07D2B0FE9854.jpeg

The only 404 member, that is missing in this picture, is G28. (416’s energetic sister.)

3F1724C3-E234-46F3-9065-871E9F2CC669.jpeg

UMP45: “Schnell, noble steed! Schnell!”

Ouroburos: “Please, get off... Shoulders...giving...out!”

13A2EF3A-221A-4A4B-8414-92F18AA697FD.jpeg

If anyone recognizes this reference, you deserve a medal.

If not, I’ll give you a hint:
(It’s one of the earliest Counter-Strike installments. But, you need to know what Update/Version.)

B3B77FD6-3E31-465E-999C-1507604CB9C0.jpeg

A74E1CC5-A3AA-4906-BC14-7FAFF2D3B667.jpeg

It’s sad knowing, a (near) 50-year-old German android that suffers various types of sleep illnesses, will later become abused, by its 12-year-old successor, (who killed the most evilest man of this generation: Osama Bin Laden.) that will grow up with a deep disgust towards her American counterparts, her own squadron members of the 404, and even her sniper-based sister of Germany’s Bundeswehr. (Pretty much, her country’s military.)

And, speaking of said 12-year-old bully...

84F93357-99A2-41CC-86F2-116E008973DF.jpeg

Last time, I tried picking up one of the mini-416s, four of them bit me. Now, I have an assortment of bandages, in my hand.

I’ve later scolded the tiny 416s, and put them under a laundry basket and put something heavy on top of them, so they won’t escape. She’s mean, I swear.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Strawberry Panic, despite its fairly dreadful writing, ridiculous plot, non-existent character development, and excessive fan-service, was actually quite a nice watch. I guess that's what you call a guilty pleasure.

Gonna dropped LLS full version mixtape for holiday season, so here goes :

First up is Saint Snow's "DROPOUT!?". Man... I just can't hold my urge to do headbang in this one because it is lit af :lol: (Gosh now I'm doing headbang to idol song what is wrong with me!!! :banghead: :lol: )

Next up is another SS single Crash Mind. This one have more rhythm then previous song but I still prefer Dropout instead because it is simply lit I admit. Also this one sounds quite spooky... :scared: Perfect Halloween theme song imo.

Then this one. I only can said that turns out Chika is Disney princess all along... :lol: I do like the ensemble/orchestra vibes from it though. Maybe inspired from Broadway musical stage is much more relevant to say the least, but it seems most people had their thoughts to Disney instead... :D :

Finally, the latest preview for new single is arrived. "Water Blue New World" imo is good enough. It does have influence from other LL songs from what I've heard somehow. Pretty much basic idol song but still good to listen nonetheless :

And as usual here the pics. Have a nice holiday everyone! :cheers: :

IMG_20171223_044611.jpg
IMG_20171224_134308.jpg
IMG_20171224_203948.jpg
IMG_20171226_152309.jpg

There's a new Touhou game out. And two new characters with it.

On the left is Shion, who looks like she was formed by a merger of Seiga and Mokou. She is the god of poverty.

On the right is her twin sister, Jo'on. She looks like Mika Jougasaki, if she were a Touhou character. She is the god of wealth and I think she's rather brilliant. These fighting games aren't too bad at coming up with some good characters, I must say. Haven't played the game myself yet - that'll change before the turn of the year. And I'll write about it after it goes up on Steam on the 5th - both it and HSiFS.

Well I'm done with Fall season of anime. I thought Fall season is gonna suck based from other anime peeps I've talked to but nope. Here's my review for the Fall anime season for the two animes I've watched (Just Because! and Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta.).

The first thing that comes to mind is the animation. Everyone claims that it has that Makoto Shinkai feel and I do agree with that....well at least the first 2 EPs because after that the animation quality had a slight drop due to some problems among the production.

Now going to the characters, overall it's a step up from Gamers. No more misunderstandings and such (well there is still some but not much). I do say Eita reminds me of Makoto Yuuki from Persona 3 for some reason. Natsume on the other hand, well she is alright. As for the music, good enough as well and it fits to the overall atmosphere of the anime. Storyline wise I enjoyed it. It may be another school romance anime but this one I like it and the setting as well. Overall, I'd give Just Because a 9/10.

Pine Jam, please get yourself a well deserved rest and never ever do that again where you do animes consecutively. You'll need it.

Now for We've Always Been 10 CM Apart. Despite being a 6 EP anime, it was worth watching it as a person who watched the first two Honeyworks anime movies (Zutto Mae Kara Suki De****a Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai and Suki Ni Naru Sono Shunkan Wo Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai. Yes long title but both are recommended to watch before watching We've Always Been 10 CM Apart. Also watching the Honeyworks MVs is recommended.) and seeing adult Haruki finally saying I love you to Miou is just good. Another 9/10 anime for me.

So overall I thought Fall anime season is gonna disappoint me but nope. Two of the animes managed to satisfy me. Now I'm ready for Winter season.

First of all, I would like to say Happy New Year for all of you guys here! :cheers: Hope you all enjoyed the last days of 2017 and wish this year will be better than before. Especially anime and manga that will out this year around 👍

So, the Fall season had ended, I have to say things going nicely till the end. My favorite title comes to Girls Last Tour which is actually a very complex and thoughtful story wrapped with the heartwarming relationships and precious moment spent together by main characters. Than second season of Kekkai Sensen still holds the quirkiness yet cool aspect from first season. Not sure if there's more season for this but I'll be happy if there is any.

Others were pretty good too. Inuyashiki at least give my needs for gritty and violent anime at the end of the year. Food Wars S3 is better than previous season (big secrets also being revealed here...). And at last, Two Car which I have a doubt at first its gradually get a bit bettet through episodes and have fairly good ending. Overall, pretty satisfied to what I watched this season.

How about LLS? I must admit I really impressed on how this show developed. Aqours find their way to achieve their goal and found the real meaning on what goal they try to reach since the beginning. However, it isn't the end yet, because movie adaptation is announced right after the final episode aired last week. Can't wait to see how far Aqours will shines through times.

As for last here some preview of "Wonderful Stories" and image drops as usual :

IMG_20171230_024222.jpg
IMG_20171231_202154.jpg
66571996_p0.jpg

@SVX :D :

66575341_p0.jpg
66566770_p0.jpg

Happy new year, everyone.
FfqloKJ.jpg
ORF31hZ.jpg
GD3lHsb.jpg
m8p3t3n.jpg

FZ9tKr1.jpg
VRuv3RO.jpg
EO7ObhL.jpg
ljEiSnw.jpg
oFEWiky.jpg
HUAyhqI.png
And now the wait begins for all the stuff that's come out of C93. I am excited.

Just binge watched REC. A short 10 episode and surprisingly sweet anime. The animation is rather lackluster, but I found myself rooting for the two main characters. I thought it captured well how having someone in your life to come home to can be a very significant thing. Also nice to see an anime where the characters aren't teenagers for a change.

Currently looking for good romantic shows, preferably not too long.

Last edited:
Just binge watched REC. A short 10 episode and surprisingly sweet anime. The animation is rather lackluster, but I found myself rooting for the two main characters. I thought it captured well how having someone in your life to come home to can be a very significant thing. Also nice to see an anime where the characters aren't teenagers for a change.

Currently looking for good romantic shows, preferably not too long.
I suggest trying out We've Always Been 10 CM Apart. Although it's suggested by some to watch the two Honeyworks movies, I think without watching those two, you can still watch it. Plus it's only 6 EPs but it's enough.

I suggest trying out We've Always Been 10 CM Apart. Although it's suggested by some to watch the two Honeyworks movies, I think without watching those two, you can still watch it. Plus it's only 6 EPs but it's enough.

Cheers. I'll give it a watch.

Tried 10CM Apart, and it's not really what I am looking for. The animation is very good, but the contrived circumstances that prevent the leads from getting together annoy me. I'm looking for something more down to earth. Something without melodrama.

See, what I liked about REC is that, aside from how they originally end up under the same roof, the way their relationships build is natural, and any obstacles they encounter are genuine. They don't feel as if they are there just so to serve as tools to slow the plot down or move it forward. The problems facing the characters in REC are just everyday problems, devoid of any extraordinary melodrama. This in turn leads to a much more grounded story, and characters that I consider much more relatable. But cheers for the recommendation anyway. Subtlety is also a strength of REC, and an attribute that sadly is missing from most of the anime I've seen.

I'm not sure how that genre is actually defined. Isn't Toradora an example of slice of life? That show has plenty of melodrama and forced obstacles.
Times like this is where I would show my list of anime. But anyway here try looking at my MAL. You might find something there that may interest you.

I'm not sure how that genre is actually defined. Isn't Toradora an example of slice of life? That show has plenty of melodrama and forced obstacles.

I'd say Toradora is more like RomCom, which will have the added drama.

If you want to avoid the teenage life stuff and drama... while still wanting some kind of romance...you may call me crazy, but I will suggest:

Garden of Sinners... Ancient Magus Bride... Spice & Wolf,

Otherwise, I can suggest Nodame Cantabile.

So I'm looking at Chuunibyou Take On Me's MAL page an it's already getting some scores since today is the release date of the movie. So far it has a rating of 7.61.

Edit:
Looks like Take On Me is not used in the movie based from MAL's staff section where a-ha is not listed. If the song not used then wasted opportunity there by KyoAni.

Crosses fingers if Take On Me is used in the movie.

Last edited:
Back