The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Definitely. AOT in general is so good this season, and genuinely so. Not in the fueled-by-hype sense. Sucks that many are avoiding it because hype spam for season 1 ruined it for them.

Hype spam for season 2 killed it for me. I liked the show and was interested in the next installment, but once trailers and stuff came around it looked boring and I never bothered with the show again.

You'd think a Chinese brand would make bad anime figures, but this (and the box) are pretty damn well made from what I can see so far:

P_20190608_163228_1.jpg

Sucks that many are avoiding it because hype spam for season 1 ruined it for them.

(Raises hand)

I could give it a shot again. It's been many years since I last read a chapter of AOT.

Glad to see the thread is back alive again. Or maybe we are all just busy lol.

You'd think a Chinese brand would make bad anime figures, but this (and the box) are pretty damn well made from what I can see so far:

P_20190608_163228_1.jpg

Quite coincidence because we have just having discussion about Honkai Impact 3 earlier in this page and this is one of character from the game (believe her name is Sakura a bit forgot though). It does look good I agree. (Tbh I'm curious on how Mei figure would look like lol)

Also, I think I need some of your opinion about One Punch Man S2. There is been a bit argument and debate here with local fans on how this season being delivered and some were pretty dissapointed by the lack of animation quality compared to first season. I don't want to blame the studio because at least they have tried but should I watch the second season or just leave it as people said? What do you guys think?

Quite coincidence because we have just having discussion about Honkai Impact 3 earlier in this page and this is one of character from the game (believe her name is Sakura a bit forgot though). It does look good I agree. (Tbh I'm curious on how Mei figure would look like lol)

There is one of Mei in a wedding dress if that counts. Perhaps Mihoyo will make one with her in default armor.

Also, I think I need some of your opinion about One Punch Man S2.

TV shows- especially anime, have a large following of insecure people who need to compensate for their shortcomings by being tough critics on stuff they like. Personally, I've never watched OPM for the animation quality. Anytime I think of OPM, I'm in it for a great laugh. It has been great.

There is one of Mei in a wedding dress if that counts. Perhaps Mihoyo will make one with her in default armor.

Really? Can't wait for that! :bowdown::D

TV shows- especially anime, have a large following of insecure people who need to compensate for their shortcomings by being tough critics on stuff they like. Personally, I've never watched OPM for the animation quality. Anytime I think of OPM, I'm in it for a great laugh. It has been great.

Thanks for your response. Gotta check out the season 2 later. 👍

I have been enjoying this. Warning: It gets a little yaoi but not enough to make my desensitized brain uncomfortable.

noitaminA stuff has been good, gonna keep looking for it.

Some treat as usual :

IMG_20190614_235415.jpg
IMG_20190614_235609.jpg

Also, already near the end of Spring season perhaps I need to finished Dororo first and will catch up OPM S2 later. Not quite a fantastic season in my opinion but it is just fine. Let's see what Summer will bring to us.

So Dr. Stone and Fire Force seem to be strong contenders for top shows of the season and I highly HIGHLY recommend them but especially Fire Force.

Absolutely loved it's first episode and I'm ready to watch more of it.

One of the best DAL figures ever made. Nice grab!

Also put that veil on properly!
Thanks! Never thought I would get an Origami figure but then I saw her inverted form in the anime, and then this figure. Easily my favourite, although the 1/7 Inverted Tohka comes close. I actually haven't opened Tohka yet because my Detolf is full...

Thanks! Never thought I would get an Origami figure but then I saw her inverted form in the anime, and then this figure. Easily my favourite, although the 1/7 Inverted Tohka comes close. I actually haven't opened Tohka yet because my Detolf is full...

I've been thinking about a Detolf after my room got renovated. I'm a hoarder and have been using my room as a storage facility. Once I purge my hot wheels, I'll have room for displays.

Though, I do have deal with a bunch of stuff to hide, as well as a door knob to avoid hitting the glass, so I'm strongly considering the Billy 1/2 drawer 1/2 glass door setup.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on the Memorial Dress Miku. Decided to pass on Merlin for now.

2e47623d18bc82aef603f90b139c2245d230e6f5r1-1447-2047v2_hq.jpg

yzwjrabfr2831.jpg

Definitely will make something to suspend her by the knee when she isn't out for display.

Last edited:
Snaeper's Spring Season Anime Review 2019

Took me awhile to pick up some things to watch this Spring, and mostly just went back and binged a few older shows and kept on truckin' with The Rising of the Shield Hero.

LvpvgnT.png

So I'm sure you've likely heard of this as it caused a bit of a commotion upon it's release with the first episode. If you're not a fan of the Isekai saturation then this is another show you might not enjoy. That being said, I really enjoyed this show.

Plenty have made jokes about the loli harem but I appreciate that Rising of the Shield Hero didn't make it painful to watch with even subtle fan service. It was a very enjoyable fantasy adventure that did a good job of setting our hero down and giving him plenty of obstacles to overcome during his development.

The second cour definitely tapered off a bit once all the characters were introduced and the initial surprises wore off, but every episode remained a treat and I was always tuning in to see when it would update. I plan to re-watch the whole show with a dub and am looking forward to a second season. Definitely recommend!

jLFR1eQ.png

You guys heard me raving about a few of the later episodes of this season and for good reason. This show is still firing on all cylinders.

I had some concerns that the literal wall our characters were living in would be a figurative one as well, and that once they crossed this border, the theme of the show would forcibly change so much that it might be difficult to consider what comes next since so much would have shifted.

Well Attack on Titan has kept the foot on the gas and keeps your gut wrenching and developments unraveling to ensure that wont be the case. This is a rich world and there's going to be a lot more to see of it. Worth picking back up if you put it down.

QfTLuqC.png

Sarazanmai

So. This is a josei anime, which explains alot. There's more than a bit of yaoi going on here but I have thick skin so I kept powering through.

The animation is beautiful, character interaction is well done and flushed out. The story is absolutely absurd but in that typical, amusing Japanese way.

I won't recommend it, but at the same time it's very well done and worth a watch.

Q9GmpaO.png

Wise Man's Grandchild

This is barely an isekai. BARELY. It's pretty much inconsequential that our protagonist was reborn into this world from our own. Unlike Rising of the Shield Hero or That time I was Reincarnated as a Slime (...or literally any other Isekai), it plays next to no part in his motivations, nor his decision making. They could've wholly removed him being reincarnated and I think the show actually would've been better off for it.

On top of that, this is the usual OP Protagonist who can level mountains in his dreams, added on with the slice of life school elements and collection of forgettable chums.

I will give points to it actually fulfilling the arc with his romantic interest, and even poking off at the typical tropes that follow along with the constant ineptness most anime protagonists go through when faced with a suitor... but it's not enough to make up for the fact that there's no suspense, no sense of danger, no credible villains and no interesting hooks to keep you going here.

Even if you're a fan of isekai or fantasy adventure anime's, I'd say pass on this. There are better uses of your time.

X06P7nD.png

The Helpful Fox Senko-San

This is an incredibly comfy slice of life fantasy, and boy do I mean it when I say fantasy.

Worth a watch if you like seeing cute girls doing wholesome things, but it lacks the humor of similar shows like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and the like. It blissfully doesn't sexualize our titular female (nor one of her two companions) too much, but that doesn't mean you won't be getting any weird looks when someone walks in and you try to explain "... It's okay! She's 800 years old!" Yeah. Right.

B0VSv2e.png

Bokuben: We Never Learn

Slice of life. School. Harem.

That being said, this is a very tasteful, well done example of those typical themes. Characters could be flushed out a little more and do crutch on their tropes, but their interaction is quite enjoyable to watch.

It was refreshing to see the different relationships that each of the Female protagonists had towards the Male protagonist and made it much more worthwhile to watch. The humor was well done even when characters found themselves in the typical tropes. Definitely recommend if you like this genre and even worth a watch if you're not the biggest fan usually.

yJWayJh.png

Isekai Quartet

Who likes Isekai shows!? This guy!

I'm a fan of Re:Zero and Konosuba, so seeing the main casts of both getting mixed up in a slice of life school sitcom seemed like a win. Season 2 confirmed!

These bite sized episodes bring a good humor punch with them but I strongly recommend you watch all four before tuning in. And since I hadn't watched Overlord or the Saga of Tanya the Evil...

(now for some older shows that I've only just gotten around to binging)

nEwK3iX.png

This is how you handle OP Protagonists correctly. Surround him with allies that constantly keep him on his toes and make him his own comedic foil.

If you've not gotten around to watching Overlord, I can't recommend it enough.

Xh2F6vb.png

This is also a good example of OP Protagonists. It's also one of the first examples I can think of that I've watched in which there was a gender swap. The tone of the show thankfully prevents too many awkward or cumbersome jokes about a man residing in a little girls body, and instead keeps the focus on a WW1/2-esque world with magic.

Definitely worth a watch if you want to see a sadistic little girl running amok in a grim world terrifying allies and enemies alike.

(Isekai Quartet cont.) That being said, her and her comrade's additions to Isekai Quartet was bland at best. It did help to have a few "Straight Man" comedic foils to help showcase the absurdity of the situation, but aside from Tanya, the rest really didn't add much.

bJywlUw.png

Bloom Into You

I had heard good things about this and decided to give the Yuri show a shot.

Very well done, and probably one of the best examples of love I've seen in any show.

If you're looking for a break from the action and want to appreciate the connections we make with others (and their immense complexity), this is definitely worth a watch.

Second Cour

Currently, the only show that's carrying over into Summer '19 that I'm watching has been Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. It is fantastic in every way thus far. Story, Characters, pacing, Animation, everything. I can safely say it's going to be in the Top 10 of Anime of the year, maybe even Top 5. Pick this up!

Last edited:
This stop motion animation is awesome! :bowdown::drool: And Kashima (from KanColle) is looking really cute here :

This is the original creator tweet by the way and there is bunch of similiar post like this. You should check it out 👍

So I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Thank you Netflix)

It's appropriate to compare it to its spiritual cousin Gurren Lagann.

Both do a great job of setting you up to tear you apart, but in different ways. Gurren Lagann is the sudden gut punch that completely winds you, but Evangelion is the creeping dread that slowly unravels.

Okay so Spring season alreday ends weeks ago and why I didn't give summary as usual is because I decided to take a break from watching seasonal anime. Not because the season is not good but it is solely my decision.

With the beginning of Summer season I decided to return and I already had shows to watch. Here are my early impressions from the season premiere (I have tried to not spoiling it) :

Fire Force : To sum up the first episode is that this is a shonen anime. Basically you got eye candy action scenes with some main character having background story going on through this first episode. David Production is a studio responsible for the production but majority of staff worked for this anime also had worked in studio like Shaft so no surprising the animation is very fluid and dynamic (No, there is no head tilt scenes yet btw lol) And the concept is very interesting to combine rescue force operation with exorcism. Felt like I'm watching Ghostbusters but without ridiculous gadget to defeat the targets. :D They used some form of pyrokinesis instead. Overall, solid premiere. 👍

Cop Craft : Seems like underrated title for this season, only few people talking about it. Despite of that. I kind of recommend this if you like cop drama with action, punches and car chase combined with some fantasy and sci-fi elements. Production was good even though there is some rough 3DCG in some scenes but was not that distracting in my opinion. The plot had potential to make this a watch so I decided to tuned in for upcoming episodes. Oh, and the opening is pretty good too since it was composed by Masayoshi Oishi, a member from OxT. Maybe not a solid premiere as Fire Force but looks like it is pretty steady down the plot. Will crave for more episodes. 👍

That is I already got at the moment. Maybe adding one or more titles as the season goes. To end this, here some service as usual :cheers: :

IMG_20190708_161555.jpg
71997310_p0.png

Guys, I need some advice about what this season's anime should I watch, any tips? Maybe something lighthearted might be great.

Absolutely tragic. 33 confirmed deceased. What a senseless act to commit to one of the best studios in Japan.

K-On! And Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid stand tall as some of my favorite shows from their studio. I'm going to make a point to watch everything I can of theirs.

Last edited:
Absolutely tragic. 33 confirmed deceased. What a senseless act to commit to one of the best studios in Japan.

K-On! And Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid stand tall as some of my favorite shows from their studio. I'm going to make a point to watch everything I can of theirs.
Has there been any more word on the man who caused this.

Back