The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Less then a day later is the premiere of Konosuba Movie. What do you expect from it?

I expect to have to wait a while longer to be able to see it, as few anime make it to Danish theaters... Will likely have to wait for it to be otherwise available. I recently bought season 1 and 2 from Japan, as it appears that they will never release in the west. Probably have Crunchyroll to thanks for that, seeing as they have the license. Such an awful company...

Vinland, stone, and Fireforce.
Really gotta finish up Monster(~44 episodes in) and the promised neverland.
My friend at APKNite suggested me watching Gundam. Was curious about Gundam: The Origin and The Lupin the third part 5. Are these good hopping on points for relative newbies?

Weekend box office in Japan (September 7-8, 2019)

(ticket sales basis)

1 (new). "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" - 460 million yen

2 (1). "Weathering With You" - 12.17 billion yen

3 (2). "The Lion King" - 5.91 billion yen

4 (3). "Ossan's Love The Movie: LOVE or DEAD" - 1.65 billion yen

5 (4). "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE" - 5 billion yen

6 (new). "Violet Evergarden: Gaiden - Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou"

7 (5). "Hikkoshi Daimyou" - 660 million yen

8 (6). "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" - 640 million yen

9 (8). "KONOSUBA: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson"

10 (7). "Toy Story 4" - 9.81 billion yen

Weekend box office in Japan (September 7-8, 2019)

(ticket sales basis)

1 (new). "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" - 460 million yen

2 (1). "Weathering With You" - 12.17 billion yen

3 (2). "The Lion King" - 5.91 billion yen

5 (4). "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE" - 5 billion yen

6 (new). "Violet Evergarden: Gaiden - Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou"

8 (6). "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" - 640 million yen

9 (8). "KONOSUBA: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson"

10 (7). "Toy Story 4" - 9.81 billion yen
Konosuba movie is lower than I expected. That's kinda surprising.

Konosuba movie is lower than I expected. That's kinda surprising.

The sale is lower due to big films such as Tenki no Ko and Lion King both were still on screen thus the sales of those movies still increases constantly and the newcomers also pretty tough to rival such as Kaguya live action and new Violet spin-off which will likely gaining more attraction in upcoming weeks. Pretty tight competition from what I see there.

I think I (possibly) found the most Yandere-ist scene in anime (and videogames) history...

tbh, I don't get Yanderes... Sure, they want you only for them and they are psycho crazy, but why do they want to kill you so just nobody can have you... They will not have you neither and will get even MORE obsessed for you!!

The sale is lower due to big films such as Tenki no Ko and Lion King both were still on screen thus the sales of those movies still increases constantly and the newcomers also pretty tough to rival such as Kaguya live action and new Violet spin-off which will likely gaining more attraction in upcoming weeks. Pretty tight competition from what I see there.
That is obvious. But I was questioning this part:

Both are higher than Konosuba. I guess Japan is not all anime.

Obviously

Both are higher than Konosuba. I guess Japan is not all anime.
Obviously

I only give my own thought about the list by the way and yeah I think that is obvious lol. The competition will be tough for Konosuba to get into top position I guess, though we don't know what could happened for few weeks to come...

IMG_20190921_143326_563.jpg

She's beautiful :bowdown:

Been a long time not posting stuff in this thread so here goes :

IMG_20190923_014422.jpg
IMG_20191010_185000.jpg

Also, we are already at the end of 2019 anime season what do you guys think of it? I think this year is pretty good so far in my opinion.

Also, Murasame has updated her garage:
eh3Cn_aWaR0.jpg

She's lovely! <3
That Supra, of course.

Also, we are already at the end of 2019 anime season what do you guys think of it? I think this year is pretty good so far in my opinion.

I'm just starting Demon Slayer and i think it's pretty cool, but I am also watching some classics that I should've watched sooner, like NGE (and it's pretty amazing).

Thread bump just to say:
Happy Halloween!

Here's a cute zombie Rimi and a Witch Nozomi to celebrate!

1213Rimi-Ushigome-Pure-jyd8qp.png

nozo.png

On a related note, does anyone know a good horror anime?
I mean, it's Halloween after all! :D

Last edited:
On a related note, does anyone know a good horror anime?
I mean, it's Halloween after all! :D
It's past Halloween but:
Shiki
Shinsekai Yori
The Promised Neverland

I haven't watched the first two but they're decently liked according to ratings and popularity. I'm a non-critical casual so that's the best I can do lol

Did somebody say Shiki?

100750.png

(Yes, this is new from today. No, I'm not rolling for it. Couldn't possibly roll for Shiki.)

So I finally watched all of Attack on Titan. Whoa.

Looking to rewatch some series I saw as a teen back in the day. Which would you say has more action? Yu-Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin?

So I finally watched all of Attack on Titan. Whoa.

Looking to rewatch some series I saw as a teen back in the day. Which would you say has more action? Yu-Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin?

How was it? I've yet to watch the first season and I don't know if I should give it a try.

I don't know about Rurouni, but Yu-Yu Hakusho has a fair bit of action, as far as I remember...

Back