The General Relationship Thread

• Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 5,254 comments
Thanks bro! :D

Also, I got my 1st match on Tinder xD forgive me if I'm too excited, but I can't help it :lol: So far this girl and I have exchanged a few messages, but it's still too early to say I have a shot.

Anybody has tried these apps?
I had Tinder. I had a period of initial success in getting matches and dates, but then it dried up after a little while. I eventually met my girlfriend on there and we've been dating for over a year. Just be patient and don't get down if you're not having the best of luck.

I had Tinder. I had a period of initial success in getting matches and dates, but then it dried up after a little while. I eventually met my girlfriend on there and we've been dating for over a year. Just be patient and don't get down if you're not having the best of luck.

I uninstalled it 2 weeks ago. The only match I had stopped answering my texts.

Also, the girl I've been trying to date couldn't go to the training course I took last week, so I had to go alone. Soooo once again I don't know if I'll ever date her. And giving the recent circumstances of our country, I don't know if it's a good idea to try to get a new girlfriend at this time...

Maybe I'll install Tinder again, just for teh lulz.

Felt like this was a noteworthy post to make, so I'll make it.

I don't really think anyone heard about my first long term girlfriend, the one that led into my disaster of a second relationship. It was...a bad relationship to say the least. Wasn't always like that though, just to make sure people know that.

Anyways, at some point this past July after about five years of total silence, I reached out to her to get the answers to what happened. She, quite surprisingly, answered back and we started talking the following Wednesday. Things went surprisingly well, and we became friends again. I think the reason we're getting along so well now is because we've both seen each other at our worst, so we know how to treat each other properly. The other upshot is that the five years of silence allowed us both to finally get proper development as teenagers, etc.

As of right now, the two of us are strictly friends, and we intend to leave it like that. I'd go into detail here but it'd be disrespectful to our privacy.

Anyways -- I'm going to Florida on Jan. 12th to go meet her in person. Honestly can't wait, she's an awesome person.

As an aside, a relationship doesn't have to mean a romantic relationship. It can be a regular friendship or something else mundane.

My girlfriend for over a year and I broke up yesterday. To sum it up we went to different schools that were 45 minutes away and I was the only one with a vehicle. As we got busier, it got harder to work around and caused me to feel less connected to her. At some points of thr last few times seeing each other only, it showed that we were simply going through the motions. I told her, that I would only continue to feel the way I did and it would be unfair to her. If it wasn't for that, I would have never have broken up with her; she was absolutely incredible. There was no end to the situation and stress.

It's been quite difficult, even though I was the one who broke it off. I feel nothing but guilt and worthlessness, because as she begged me to stay I continuously refused. I can't stop thinking about it and I am constantly wondering if I made the right decision.

It's been quite difficult, even though I was the one who broke it off. I feel nothing but guilt and worthlessness, because as she begged me to stay I continuously refused. I can't stop thinking about it and I am constantly wondering if I made the right decision.

Maybe give it a week or so and see how it all pans out? I would certainly stay in contact with her and leave the possibility of getting back together open if the situation on either side improves. I understand the trouble with not being able to see somebody as much as you'd like to. My girlfriend and I are both rather busy and for a while it would be a couple weeks before we could see each other again. While your situation may be more extreme, it's understandable to want to save her (and yourself) the heartache that separation can bring.

If you two are absolutely meant to be, you'll know it. God has his plan for every one of us, and He'll be sure to put wrongs right in His own time.

My girlfriend for over a year and I broke up yesterday. To sum it up we went to different schools that were 45 minutes away and I was the only one with a vehicle. As we got busier, it got harder to work around and caused me to feel less connected to her. At some points of thr last few times seeing each other only, it showed that we were simply going through the motions. I told her, that I would only continue to feel the way I did and it would be unfair to her. If it wasn't for that, I would have never have broken up with her; she was absolutely incredible. There was no end to the situation and stress.

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing anything here that makes a sensible reason for breaking up. Feels like something is missing.

My girlfriend and I have been long distance for more than half of our relationship. We even said to each other it feels like going through motions but we knew that it would end at some point and we could be together proper. We've hit that point and it's fantastic, if there is no real reason other than the distance then there really isn't a reason. Yeah it's a bit difficult but always remembering the end goal makes it more than worth the effort.

My girlfriend and I have been long distance for more than half of our relationship. We even said to each other it feels like going through motions but we knew that it would end at some point and we could be together proper. We've hit that point and it's fantastic, if there is no real reason other than the distance then there really isn't a reason. Yeah it's a bit difficult but always remembering the end goal makes it more than worth the effort.
I think it also comes to if both parties are dedicated to it and don't have other priorities.

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing anything here that makes a sensible reason for breaking up. Feels like something is missing.
I did mention I was the only one driving right? It was rather difficult getting there after class and on weekends after cross country or track meets. She would put a long of pressure on me and get upset if I didn't stay super late or stay over on Saturday. If I stayed on Saturday, I always had to work the next morning and run beforehand. It was also crazy expensive with gas and having to typically pay for dates. At best we only saw each other twice a week and when she goes home for the summer or Christmas break, it would be only for a week or two.

When I think about it there were other things I didn't like. She was very insecure and would have a breakdown more often than not, usually taking her frustrations out on me. She would get upset easily and also force me to snapchat. I would go to the top of my driveway because I neither had internet (the WiFi sucks) until recently or very good cell service.

Time for a little update... or something like that :lol:

Not much has happened over the last few weeks to be honest: I haven't dated my coworker, Tinder sucks, and OK Cupid did not work.

She'll be back at the office tomorrow, so I'll ask her out again... If she says "no" or nothing happens once again I think I'll move on...

70%, 80%, 85% and 90% Lindt Dark Chocolates

If only this could work for me, we both despise dark chocolate. The kinder egg on the other hand I could win some easy brownie points with. I still love that 2 car people are together so have this post again:

You, you deserve a cookie. I love hearing about car people being together, it's one of the best things to read. You stick to them damn plans you hear?

In other relationship news I have begun looking at precious metals with shiny rocks on top. It is staggering how much one can spend on something that can literally be created now instead of dug out of a mine. I'm thinking of straying from the usual rock but I'm going to be receiving some insider info on likes and dislikes this weekend (her step sister).

Update, in GIF form:
tK1NHTj.gif

(Translated: Nope, nothing, nada)

I might have a catch. I've been talking to a girl I met on OKCupid, and things have been going really good.

Things we have in common:
  • We both love cars
  • We both love racing games
  • We both play shooters
  • We both wear cochlear implants on the same ear.
There's more but I'm kinda tired at the moment.

I have used a few dating apps such as happn and got nothing. So I just removed them from my mobile and left the profile online.

I put one of the apps back on my mobile and only had one request from this girl who I would never date very disappointing.

Last edited:
Update: After 2.5 years stuff got sour between me and my girlfriend. We're on the verge of breaking up. We only see each other almost 2 in 2 weeks and she met someone that she sees everyday and she's now questioning our relationship. And she is pushing me back on everything while I'm trying to fix everything... I know what she is feeling, I felt the same at some point in the relationship, but I never met anyone like she had... I'm really worried about the future of our relationship, it's on its last legs, at least I feel that...

@AlvaroF, Its around this lenght of a relationship that this kind of problems start to appear. you're now not the idealized Alvaro that she got in the beggining, Flaws start to appear, and depending on personalities, one might start to argue alot on this. My wife did it to me a while ago. now, how to save it from here, its not something you can do alone. It seems you're past that, and like her for how she is, good and bad. Its just her that needs to re-evaluate her love. If she doesn't get past through your flaws, and still idealizes the Shining Knight Alvaro.. .well...

anyway, talk to her. make her understand what you're feeling about this, and that you lover has she is.

Good Luck Camarada

Update: After 2.5 years stuff got sour between me and my girlfriend. We're on the verge of breaking up. We only see each other almost 2 in 2 weeks and she met someone that she sees everyday and she's now questioning our relationship. And she is pushing me back on everything while I'm trying to fix everything... I know what she is feeling, I felt the same at some point in the relationship, but I never met anyone like she had... I'm really worried about the future of our relationship, it's on its last legs, at least I feel that...

What are you trying to do to fix the situation?

@AlvaroF, Its around this lenght of a relationship that this kind of problems start to appear. you're now not the idealized Alvaro that she got in the beggining, Flaws start to appear, and depending on personalities, one might start to argue alot on this. My wife did it to me a while ago. now, how to save it from here, its not something you can do alone. It seems you're past that, and like her for how she is, good and bad. Its just her that needs to re-evaluate her love. If she doesn't get past through your flaws, and still idealizes the Shining Knight Alvaro.. .well...

anyway, talk to her. make her understand what you're feeling about this, and that you lover has she is.

Good Luck Camarada

That is exactly what I am trying to do... Make her understand that I am here for her. The thing is we don't see eachother for a while now and she is doing to me what I did to her a while back, pushing me back, ignoring my texts for hours... I'm suffering what I made her suffer...

@Team THRT Drift anything... I tried to talk this through, making her see that it's not worth throwing the towel because we always defied all probabilities, right now I said to her that I'll give her the time and space, because we'll be meeting on friday and see what is what.

Sorry for the double post, but a very important update has come through, me and her broke up. She kissed the guy yesterday. I cannot forgive that. Just really sad that she didn0t even gave me a chance.

Sorry for the double post, but a very important update has come through, me and her broke up. She kissed the guy yesterday. I cannot forgive that. Just really sad that she didn0t even gave me a chance.
In her mind she gave you 2.5 years worth of chances. Time to take a hard look at those 2.5 years and see what you might have done differently and what you will do differently next time. I'm sure the warning signs were there for some time and you may see them in hindsight. Learn from it and move on.

In her mind she gave you 2.5 years worth of chances. Time to take a hard look at those 2.5 years and see what you might have done differently and what you will do differently next time. I'm sure the warning signs were there for some time and you may see them in hindsight. Learn from it and move on.

They were. There was a lot of stuff that wasn't right about our relationship and we looked away from them, on both sides. But yeah, this was a learning experience and now it's time to move on.

Edit: Yeah the relationship was long dead. We, for a long time, only had a physical attraction, nothing more than that. I still talk to her sometimes, she is really the only person I could ever really open up to and a lot went through my head that I only could've told her asa friend

Last edited:
I don't really have much stories in terms of relationships but today, I now feel really 🤬 and want to give up on having contacts with any friends that I have.

At Job Centre, I have 2 friends, a guy and a girl. They sometimes hangout together and we sometimes play games with other friends. The girl gets really ultra competitive but it is all in good fun.

The guy started having romantic feelings for this girl and came to ask me about advise, the problem is the girl isn't exactly stable when it comes to people asking her out and this year, she broke down 6 times because she got asked out 6 times. So I told him to take it massively slow and perhaps she'll warm up to him and be ready and if not then it isn't meant to be.

A few months later we were out in the local pools for a swim, another friend of ours made a joke about the guy and the girl going out and the girl quicky shunned the idea and didn't want to hear it. This made the guy feel like 🤬 so I came over to comfort him and told him that perhaps it isn't meant to be, and perhaps there are other girls who are ready but he decided he couldn't wait any longer and decided to tell her how he felt.

I left them alone and the next thing I knew, the girl came to me and pretty much shouted my full name. She demanded to me to tell how much I knew and what I've been saying to the guy, after I tried to calm tension, I told exactly how it's happening and she had another break down, saying "you're supposed to be my friend" and that I should'vetold her as soon as I knew. I tried comforting her by saying this was the exact thing I was trying to prevent and didn't want to be ignorant of the guy. She then eventually went away in tears and then I saw the guy too, he was also upset.

This really bummed me, I tried helping my friends and just made the situation worse but things got worse, after lunch I and guy were walking to the bus stop, the girl caught up to us and slapped the guy across the face, I jaw dropped at that moment and then she went to me and gave me a threat about me being next.

Seriously, 🤬 trying to help friends. All it did was get a friend to break down, another friend assaulted and got me a threat. I might as well be the biggest douche to everyone since it seems to give out the same effect :mad:

@RESHIRAM5

Not your fault, and really childish behavior, might I add. Cheer up there's plenty of people in this world to befriend.

They were. There was a lot of stuff that wasn't right about our relationship and we looked away from them, on both sides. But yeah, this was a learning experience and now it's time to move on.

Edit: Yeah the relationship was long dead. We, for a long time, only had a physical attraction, nothing more than that. I still talk to her sometimes, she is really the only person I could ever really open up to and a lot went through my head that I only could've told her asa friend

I'm glad that you at least recognized the problems and are taking it well.. well, are handling it in a mature fashion. It's hard I know, I completely understand.

My problem isn't with having friends myself, I still have plenty to talk to and hang out. The problem is because of my actions I just ruined the lives of 2 friends when I was trying to do the opposite and if that wasn't enough one of them got assaulted.

I'm probably not in the best mindset for this right now, might need a breather and gather some logic :lol:

You guys are still young. They'll grow up and realize how childish their actions were.
Would 18-19 (as in adults) be considered too young?

You're reading too much into this.
I don't know how, when this escalated because of my actions and trying to help. If I didn't help and just let things play out or not at all, perhaps I wouldn't be stuck in this jam. Basically, I shouldn't be helping people at all as I just make it worse for them.

Back