The general WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on in Canada?

People complain about this while turning a blind eye to the abuse, rape, murder and neglect that occurs within Aboriginal communities. There are women and children who are beaten to death but nothing is done to stop it for fear of "being racist". It's a sad indictment on society and it's truly sickening. Racism is not to blame for this - we are not preventing Aboriginals from getting an education and nor are we making life harder for them. We are not like the US where black people are killed for being black and no other reason. Anyway let's not derail this thread so if you want to continue this discussion, do it through PM.
I'm an 8th generation Canadian. If you don't know the history of Canada. Please keep comments you clearly have no idea about to your own PM perhaps. I have an Indigenous friend of mine who was in Residential Schooling. He is a Native Dancer from Six Nation's near Brantford. They burnt the Church to the ground. He attended this "Residential School"
All of this news of what is unfolding sent him right back to his terrible childhood. He had a nervous breakdown and is now literally in a Mental Institution. Please spare me anything you know nothing about.

Last edited:
So not only did the person who burnt that Anglican church down hit the wrong church, because the Anglicans never ran any residential schools, it was the Catholics, they also ruined a site of importance for a bunch of people who attended and had family or friends buried there.

There's this fabulous saying that a lot of us learn at a very young age: "two wrongs don't make a right". This seems to have gone over the heads of all of these "protestors". They aren't demanding anything because they say no amount of reparation will satisfy them, yet they go about destroying public property and places that are important to other people, and for what? So other people will feel the emptiness they feel? Sounds like an amazing way to keep all the racists in Canada staying that way and who knows, maybe even turning more people to that extreme. These criminals aren't helping anyone, not the Aboriginal people they're "protesting for" and certainly not those who are having their property destroyed.

@Famine I’m not sure what the history in the UK is of treating its natives but in North America our natives’ attitudes toward government and society are almost universally well-founded, accurate, and justified.

So not only did the person who burnt that Anglican church down hit the wrong church, because the Anglicans never ran any residential schools, it was the Catholics, they also ruined a site of importance for a bunch of people who attended and had family or friends buried there.

There's this fabulous saying that a lot of us learn at a very young age: "two wrongs don't make a right". This seems to have gone over the heads of all of these "protestors". They aren't demanding anything because they say no amount of reparation will satisfy them, yet they go about destroying public property and places that are important to other people, and for what? So other people will feel the emptiness they feel? Sounds like an amazing way to keep all the racists in Canada staying that way and who knows, maybe even turning more people to that extreme. These criminals aren't helping anyone, not the Aboriginal people they're "protesting for" and certainly not those who are having their property destroyed.
Wrong. Trust me I live 30 miles away from this. Stop thinking for a minute. Your calling a Native a racist? Ha,ha,God I need a beer.If you don't think that all these "churches" had nothing to do with residential schools. You need a serious reality check. I can drive there in 45 minutes and take pictures of the atrocities these Indigenous people suffered. So please stop with your uneducated drivel. I asked my friend who is now in care, because of the horror he had many years ago about how he felt about what happened to his ancestors and his family. He said well Jim we have killed way more of them than us. They took our sacrament tobacco and passed it on. We have now killed way more of them than us. Funny how that works out now isn't it ?
Adam my friend will be better soon. Then we shall go to the sweat lodge and heal. You have no idea.

Last edited:
@Famine I’m not sure what the history in the UK is of treating its natives
Shagged them - a route apparently not open to the Puritans - so mainly we're still here.

In essence we're a bit of a mongrel nation, and "native" very much depends on your perspective and location, and point in history you start. Given our rather northerly and exposed location, the British Isles were regularly under several tens or hundreds of feet of ice until about 10,000 years ago, and not islands, and though humans (and human ancestors) did periodically settle here over at least the last million years, they were regularly cleaned out by advancing ice and had to start again.

We generally consider the "indigenous" peoples to be the Celts but really they were just the first to actually stay here after the channel flooded and made us into an island group. There's mesolithic settlements dating back 7,000 years or more (likely Scandinavian in origin), and the Bell-Beaker Culture from 2,500BC (more a culture than a people), then the Hallstatt culture of around 1,000BC which gave rise to the Celts and particularly the Celts of the British Isles - sometimes called Britons.

For pretty much the next 1,000 years it's fairly safe to say "everything happened". We had invasions and settlers from various bits of Scandinavia - the Vikings, the Angles and the Saxons from Germany (who were basically Vikings that went south), then the Romans, and eventually Normans (who were basically Vikings that went west after going south; the name literally comes from "norse men") - with the net result that the Celts went west into Wales and Ireland.

But it wasn't exactly a bunch of discontinuous populations, and there was much shagging. Almost everyone in the UK today who has more than five generations of UK residents behind them is a mixture of Anglo-Saxon and Celtic - more the former if they're from England but more the latter if they are not (except for viewers in Scotland, who'll have Pictish ancestry) - with a good dose of Roman, Viking, and Norman somewhere in the mix. There's wide regional variation, with more Norman on the east and south-east coasts, more Viking on the east and north-east coast, and more Roman in the south generally.

That's been the case for a thousand years, give or take. Except the royal family, which has been more of a Germanic extraction for about 300 years now - and a great many of the royal families of Europe are intermingled.

I'm largely of Celtic origin, but with just enough Anglo-Saxon to stop me being ginger, and probably some Roman and Viking in there as well but not quite so much (I was born in Yorkshire - prime Viking territory - but my ancestry is predominantly Welsh; the name is something of a giveaway on that).

but in North America our natives’ attitudes toward government and society are almost universally well-founded, accurate, and justified.
I'm sure they are. The Puritans have a lot to answer for.

Last edited:
Stop thinking for a minute. Your calling a Native a racist?
I don't remember ever calling native people racist. I said that the destruction of property going on is going to reinforce the viewpoint of people who are already racist towards native people. I'm sure my wording was pretty clear because I'm struggling to read my previous post for ways in which to misinterpret it.
So please stop with your uneducated drivel.
I have taken several Aboriginal History courses throughout my education as mandated by the government. The residential school system was run by the Catholic church, the church that was burned down was an Anglican church and had no involvement in the running of residential schools. Hence the man who was interviewed and his confusion as to why he was targeted.
He said well Jim we have killed way more of them than us. They took our sacrament tobacco and passed it on. We have now killed way more of them than us. Funny how that works out now isn't it ?
I sure hope that is not something you take pleasure in, it would be a sick and twisted point of view if that were the case.

Last edited:
I have taken several Aboriginal History courses throughout my education as mandated by the government. The residential school system was run by the Catholic church, the church that was burned down was an Anglican church and had no involvement in the running of residential schools. Hence the man who was interviewed and his confusion as to why he was targeted.
Having delved into the Canadian newspaper archives of the time, one particular article relating to this subject strongly suggests it wasn't just Roman Catholics who were running these schools:

The Indian Schools as is generally known, are conducted by the Roman Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian and Methodist denominations, who receive grants from the government to assist in carrying on the work

The Daily Colonist, Victoria, B.C., Saturday November 16 1907.

Having delved into the Canadian newspaper archives of the time, one particular article relating to this subject strongly suggests it wasn't just Roman Catholics who were running these schools:

The Indian Schools as is generally known, are conducted by the Roman Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian and Methodist denominations, who receive grants from the government to assist in carrying on the work

The Daily Colonist, Victoria, B.C., Saturday November 16 1907.
Ok, that is new information for me. I accept its validity and I thank you for pointing it out.

However the original point that I’m trying to make still stands. Graves were discovered recently that many people across Canada knew must have existed already. There’s justifiable outrage and now buildings are being lit on fire and destroyed, which is dangerous. Why do certain people feel the need to get petty revenge? What are acts like this going to accomplish besides angering a greater amount of people and driving the wedge of division further?

The man in the interview may have been wrong about the history of his denomination and its involvement in the residential school system but it’s pretty clear that he didn’t have anything to do with it personally and now his place of worship and the site of his family’s grave is a smouldering ruin. He seems like a man who just wants to live peacefully so what does attacking him and his church gain anyone?

That’s really the only point or question I want to get across here. Does wronging the ancestors of the people who wronged you, no matter how small the act, make things right in any way? It’s more of a rhetorical question because I’ve been talking to many people over the last several days in real life about it and I haven’t really found a consensus among anyone. Some people I know say it’s justified, while other people I know think that these arson attacks should end with the perpetrators punished.

It’s such an incredibly complex social issue right now. It seems like there are some people out there who think that if you aren’t for burning buildings, toppling statues, defacing landmarks and cancelling Canada Day then you’re against them. But I’m not. I recognize that what the government and the churches did in the past was horrible and unforgivable, but on the other side of the coin I don’t want to see people suffer, and especially not people who were uninvolved or can’t do anything about the horrible things that happened in the past. Call me an idealist but thats what I believe.

Last edited:
I'm an 8th generation Canadian. If you don't know the history of Canada. Please keep comments you clearly have no idea about to your own PM perhaps. I have an Indigenous friend of mine who was in Residential Schooling. He is a Native Dancer from Six Nation's near Brantford. They burnt the Church to the ground. He attended this "Residential School"
All of this news of what is unfolding sent him right back to his terrible childhood. He had a nervous breakdown and is now literally in a Mental Institution. Please spare me anything you know nothing about.
I'm talking about Australia not Canada. Did you read the post I replied to?

Last edited:
Damning video reveals brutal response of Canadian police to a Qcumber follower of the new Canadian Queen*:

* His name is Frank Curtin - I didn't check with Romana, but looked at the name provided on his youtube channel. :dopey:

Last edited:
1466206822340063235.png

Those mounties always get their man (or QAnon queen in this case). Maintiens le Droit!

Last edited:

Fair play to the school for sticking up for the teacher....but....I do wonder why she is coming to class like that? Is there some sort of body dysmorphia issue going on (in which case the mean tweets by the usual suspects are even more cruel)?

Fair play to the school for sticking up for the teacher....but....I do wonder why she is coming to class like that? Is there some sort of body dysmorphia issue going on (in which case the mean tweets by the usual suspects are even more cruel)?
ECA6CE25-F00D-48DE-B7EA-9CA39D768255.jpeg

In all honesty, I personally don’t have an issue. As long as the kids are getting an education and the teacher is taking percausions to keep themselves safe (I’d imagine the chest is a logistical nightmare in a shop class when demonstrating certain bits of equipment - I could be wrong).

Latest Posts

Back