The Graphics

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 221 comments

Graphics quality, what do you think?

• Total voters
Its pretty obvious graphics will improve but its hard to say where they will improve to. Its already above other sim racers. I highly doubt it will get to DC's level of trackside detail and effects though.

It won't get to DC's graphical level. There are much more resources distributed in much more places, and don't forget the locked target of 60fps.

Here's a bunch of stills I took from @Terronium-12 's uncompressed video on Gamersyde.

27196780495_71b4976604_b.jpg

27196779965_b0d322c887_b.jpg

26921965190_cd33789163_b.jpg

26590638234_845567c8df_b.jpg

27101007852_78e61be94c_b.jpg

27196923755_a23348e71d_b.jpg

Link to the whole set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28197969@N03/albums/72157668693974326

Yeah, no one can argue that the graphics can compare with Forza 6.

I can considering all the pictures you've supplied are from photomode and replays.

Even Eurogamer and Videogamer said that the game looks like GT6.

Comparing GTS photomode/replay to Forza 6 photomode/replay is a waste of time.

The game looks better than GT6. There is no question about that. They were just expecting Driveclub levels of "Wow", forgetting every other aspect of the game (FPS, car field size). I downloaded both uncompressed videos, and I got to say, compared to the same video youtube, the game looks even better! Menus are just beautiful and the car models are just amazing.
The graphics themselves won't get better than they already are, the priority is stability. Every bit of extra power left will be used for track environment and detailing.

The game looks better than GT6. There is no question about that. They were just expecting Driveclub levels of "Wow", forgetting every other aspect of the game (FPS, car field size). I downloaded both uncompressed videos, and I got to say, compared to the same video youtube, the game looks even better! Menus are just beautiful and the car models are just amazing.
The graphics themselves won't get better than they already are, the priority is stability. Every bit of extra power left will be used for track environment and detailing.

Anybody that says Gtsport looks like gt6 needs to have there eye sight checked.

Eurogamer
Perhaps it's because we've been spoilt by the splendour of Forza Motorsport, already into its second iteration on Xbox One, or Assetto Corsa, which is about to make its console debut later this summer. Gran Turismo Sport, however, looks, sounds and plays just like Gran Turismo 6 on the Playstation 3.

It's a compliment of sorts - Gran Turismo 6 is still, a few years and a generation later, an exceptionally handsome game, and Sport benefits from a solid foundation. Right now, though, it doesn't look to do much with that foundation - to an untrained eye (albeit one that's poured countless hours into Gran Turismo 6) it's hard to tell the difference.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-19-gt-sport-preview

Videogamer
Well, I never thought I'd be saying this: The latest Gran Turismo – at this stage, at least – isn't much of a looker. The playable build on show in London yesterday was riddled with technical issues, from screen tearing, frame drops, noticeable aliasing and poor texture filtering. But the biggest issue, ultimately, is that it isn't as big a step up from GT6 as you'd expect from the series' leap onto PS4.

And that's a huge shame. For a franchise so often celebrated for its stunning presentation, GT Sport is so far looking like a bit of a let-down. The game appears to be targeting 1080p/60fps, but the lack of polish in yesterday's build suggests Polyphony may have let its ambition for including obscure features, like real-world digital licenses (by playing GT Sport you can, somehow, get yourself recognised by automobile clubs across the world) lead to the developer ignoring some of the basics. Even the replays suffer.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/gran_turismo_sport/preview-3996.html

Neither Eurogamer or Videogamer seem to agree.

Can you share the uncompressed videos please? I really want to see it.

The lighting alone is better than anything outputing 60 FPS on console. Forza looks great but seeing the direct footage GTS looks more realistic. Things can only prove from now as well.
Well that's the problem. They have great lighting in previous games(as well as GTS), but it seems the trade-off for their outright visual prowess that they choose to go after is to sacrifice on the optimization bit. 60FPS is their target, however they don't seem to be hitting it past gen, and so far, this gen either apparently. I'm sure if other games where to follow suit with how they do it, they can get a comparable model out. However, I for one would choose functionality over visuals anytime.

@ImaRobot The game is 6 month from release, judging the game now is a bit pre-mature. Granted this is PD but I digress :D
No it's not premature. I can judge off this and reassess later. So far, this is what we have to go off of. They specifically released all these bits of information so we can do that, and if this is the level we're at after years of development, it's definitely reason enough to be skeptical. That's also why I said "so far."

Either way, they likely have less than six months because the game still has to be sent in to get approved and gold, that eats up a good chunk of time. Am I hopeful they do sort this out? You bet. However, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

No it's not premature. I can judge off this and reassess later. So far, this is what we have to go off of. They specifically released all these bits of information so we can do that, and if this is the level we're at after years of development, it's definitely reason enough to be skeptical.

Either way, they likely have less than six months because the game still has to be sent in to get approved and gold, that eats up a good chunk of time. Am I hopeful they do sort this out? You bet. However, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

The funny thing is that people keep saying "Don't judge this early" and "it's only 50%".

But... this is what Polyphony chose to show for their gameplay reveal of the game. It's not like this is leaked footage and screens, this is from a media event Polyphony held in order to show off to the media and public.

but optimization is the last thing devs do, also I've said this a few times before but I can't see GTSport releasing this year.

@ImaRobot but optimization is the last thing devs do, also I've said this a few times before but I can't see GTSport releasing this year.

If you're expecting a completely different game and a leap in visuals in 6 months... you're going to be more disappointed then ever about this in 6 months.

And Gamespot disagrees with Euro & Videogamer. So what? There's direct-feed footage of new builds out, it's readily apparent the game doesn't look "just like GT6".

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-sport-is-already-ps4s-sexiest-racing-/1100-6440050/
"Though the environments still can’t quite match the fidelity of the cars, Sports’ world looks substantially better than any previous Gran Turismo game."

@ImaRobot but optimization is the last thing devs do, also I've said this a few times before but I can't see GTSport releasing this year.
Optimization is the last thing? I would think optimization is a constant and thorough project that would span over the whole of the development cycle, rather than wait till the end to see what's broken. Waiting until the end to try to fix a problem is not the best way to do things, sure there will be unexpected happenings, but I still think that it's a wrong thing to say.

The funny thing is that people keep saying "Don't just this early" and "it's only 50%".

But... this is what Polyphony chose to show for their gameplay reveal of the game. It's not like this is leaked footage and screens, this is from a media event Polyphony held in order to show off to the media and public.
While I would agree with them, that it's not the final thing yet, PD must have thought that they are well enough on the right path to be able to show what they've shown.

I'm hopeful that most things get rectified. My opinions are not set in stone, as no one's should really. It's an ever going and evolving thing, so the waiting game is the one we'll all be playing. Hopefully for no longer than 6 months.

And Gamespot disagrees with Euro & Videogamer. So what? There's direct-feed footage of new builds out, it's readily apparent the game doesn't look "just like GT6".

Is there any direct feed footage of the actual gameplay and not from the replay mode?

Also... what do you mean so what?

Eurogamer has kind of built their name as the judge of graphics this generation... it kinda matters.

Not to mention the direct feed footage is getting pulled.

Back