The Great Camber Experiment: Stage 2 "Silverstone" (Test Drivers Wanted)

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 109 comments
I was just about to export my first test and decided to go look at the replay to make sure I didn't step out off bounds, my time was 0:53.808 (same time written on the file) but my replay time was 0:53.992 , has this happened to anybody else? I went to check my 1/1 test, my real time was 0:53.864 but it writes my "Best Lap" at 0:54.214 & 0:55.204 . When I check with the replay clock it seems to be right , around 53.xxx . Do I scrap this or do I send it?
Yeah there is a (constant) time discrepancy between GT6 and Motec, as long as you can identify which test is which then its all good 👍

Yeah there is a (constant) time discrepancy between GT6 and Motec, as long as you can identify which test is which then its all good 👍
This isn't the export file, it's the in game file, I just made another 1/1 test , BL 59.951, replay 59.983 , that's closer, but I have 1 reply where there are 2 Best laps.

This isn't the export file, it's the in game file, I just made another 1/1 test , BL 59.951, replay 59.983 , that's closer, but I have 1 reply where there are 2 Best laps.
I have noticed this happening occasionally, no idea what causes it an I don't think there is anything we can do about it so probably best not to worry too much 👍

On the pro version I noticed on most laps I ran, there was a miniscule split time at the end/start of each lap. I'm assuming it is the time it takes the car to cross the line. It's usually 100ths of a second on the files I've noticed. Could it be adding this to each lap twice?

On the pro version I noticed on most laps I ran, there was a miniscule split time at the end/start of each lap. I'm assuming it is the time it takes the car to cross the line. It's usually 100ths of a second on the files I've noticed. Could it be adding this to each lap twice?
One replay gave me 2 ( two) best laps almost 1 second apart, and thought you could only have one best lap :dunce:??????????????? I'm scrapping that one, the only thing I can see is that I had the PS3 enabled to internet. Pisses me off , :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

One replay gave me 2 ( two) best laps almost 1 second apart, and thought you could only have one best lap :dunce:??????????????? I'm scrapping that one, the only thing I can see is that I had the PS3 enabled to internet. Pisses me off , :banghead::banghead::banghead:.
You'd have had to be going really slowly across that line, for that to happen :lol: I've had a fee issues with the pro one. Just went back to using the standard version. Doesn't seem as buggy to me. Track maps are always fine too.

You'd have had to be going really slowly across that line, for that to happen :lol: I've had a fee issues with the pro one. Just went back to using the standard version. Doesn't seem as buggy to me. Track maps are always fine too.
This is the in game replay ( not exported), not the export file, I would expect to be some issues from transferring data but not by using the in game data.:P

My god that car gets difficult using the higher cambers :boggled:

I'm just finishing up my testing and I believe @TurnLeft sent me his data earlier so I shall try and get it analysed and logged as soon as possible 👍
Just finished doing my first series with 2/2, I have to trail brake a lot more to keep the car from skidding, but the best lap is pretty close to 0/0. I must be getting thorinoganus, I'm getting better with higher camber.
00020148.gif

Just finished doing my first series with 2/2, I have to trail brake a lot more to keep the car from skidding, but the best lap is pretty close to 0/0. I must be getting thorinoganus, I'm getting better with higher camber.
00020148.gif
I just hate the understeer, I'd be more comfortable if the car started sliding around but the lack of sustained grip and brakes frustrates me :banghead:

I just hate the understeer, I'd be more comfortable if the car started sliding around but the lack of sustained grip and brakes frustrates me :banghead:
I guess from what your saying your at 8/8 or more :lol:. I noticed that at 2/2 you can kick in the accelerator earlier out of curves, did my 3rd best overall time, .101 from my best and .043 from my second best (both at 1/1), but the curve in is more delicate, the weight pushes the car past it's limits faster than at 0/0.

Just finished 2/2 & 3/3, small observation: to benefit from the different camber settings, especially between 0/0 to 2/2, you have to adapt your driving style a bit, with 2/2 if I hadn't screwed up on the last curve I would have had at least 53.5xx, I was .236 ahead on the last check point, got nervous and :banghead:+:dunce:+:ouch:+:embarrassed:, this was on lap 18 or 19, decided to quit after that and call it a day. Yup, you've got more spam mail from me :lol:.

Just finished 2/2 & 3/3, small observation: to benefit from the different camber settings, especially between 0/0 to 2/2, you have to adapt your driving style a bit, with 2/2 if I hadn't screwed up on the last curve I would have had at least 53.5xx, I was .236 ahead on the last check point, got nervous and :banghead:+:dunce:+:ouch:+:embarrassed:, this was on lap 18 or 19, decided to quit after that and call it a day. Yup, you've got more spam mail from me :lol:.
My observations were that I genuinely felt like I had more grip on both entry and mid with 1.0, above this I was feeling a greater difference between entry and mid corner grip. As the camber increased I felt like I was getting sharper turn in but the car couldn't sustain the grip through the middle of the corner and the car would begin to push wide, this pattern seemed to continue up to around 6.0 at which point the grip was gone. Exit grip didn't seem to be negatively affected for the most part, I don't think the car is reaching the grip limit in that regard.

I must be getting thorinoganus, I'm getting better with higher camber.
00020148.gif
images
Good one!👍 But aren't those my shoes?:grumpy: :lol:

I'm getting started too, been too busy getting nothing done. Well not nothing exactly, but you know what I mean. I'm just getting some practice in this morning before bed and I'll make a start on some proper runs later on. I know the track reasonably well so it shouldn't take too long to get into the swing of things.👍

@DolHaus, Would you prefer my results mailed to you or posted similar to last time? I've got my office programme sorted out so it'll be a bit neater at least either way. (Well, that's the plan anyway):)

images
Good one!👍 But aren't those my shoes?:grumpy: :lol:

I'm getting started too, been too busy getting nothing done. Well not nothing exactly, but you know what I mean. I'm just getting some practice in this morning before bed and I'll make a start on some proper runs later on. I know the track reasonably well so it shouldn't take too long to get into the swing of things.👍

@DolHaus, Would you prefer my results mailed to you or posted similar to last time? I've got my office programme sorted out so it'll be a bit neater at least either way. (Well, that's the plan anyway):)
Posted in the thread is fine, @TurnLeft Emails me his replay data because he doesn't have access to the MoTeC software 👍

Last edited:
Just finished 4/4, and I'm wondering if lowering the spring rate would help out as you augment the camber, it feels like a different car now but it just feel like it should be retuned for this setting. My time spread between camber 0/0 to 4/4 is only 0.449 which I find relatively close, I really think we could make it as fast with 4/4 or very close by changing the setup.

But aren't those my shoes?
Sorry dude, must have taken yours instead of mine after last nights
sdrinking_100-193.gif
, I'll have my
wink-and-flirt-smiley-emoticon.gif
drop them off at your place tonight. (She thinks your sexy)

Just finished 4/4, and I'm wondering if lowering the spring rate would help out as you augment the camber, it feels like a different car now but it just feel like it should be retuned for this setting. My time spread between camber 0/0 to 4/4 is only 0.449 which I find relatively close, I really think we could make it as fast with 4/4 or very close by changing the setup.

sdrinking_100-193.gif
, I'll have my
The car is about as soft as it can be, any softer and the steering would start getting vague and it would push really badly in high speed corners. You would also start to over-camber the wheels during compression if you softened the springs, this would wipe out the brakes and the initial turn in due to reduced load on the front wheels.

Posted in the thread is fine, @TurnLeft Emails me his replay data because he doesn't have access to the MoTeC software 👍
No problem Boss! 👍 So, you get his eye strain and headaches then. :lol: Probably just as well, I think the poor guy gets enough of that at work....and when he's goofing off from it:P
sdrinking_100-193.gif
, I'll have my
No problem, I was wondering why I woke up with these on,
images
I wasn't sure if they were yours or @DolHaus'. ;) I can't remember a thing, must have been a good night and it turns out they came in handy too :D (Only a measly 3 inches.....OF SNOW! You child. :lol:)

She only thinks that because all she could see was
images

Back