The Great Camber Experiment: Stage 2 "Silverstone" (Test Drivers Wanted)

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 109 comments
Just a note to the testers, I have decided to only collect longitudinal data from turn 1 and turn 4.

If you are using the automated data collection features then please remember that the peak braking data will be found on the straight before rather than during the the corner itself. I'm not entirely convinced that the automated data collection can be trusted due to the way the maps work, the areas defined as the corners often move and could lead to erroneous data. Please manually check and compare your data to ensure it is accurate 👍

Please forgive my ongoing absenteeism with Round 2. I continue to be dealing with my stubborn health issues and I haven't been on GT6 much at all in the past few weeks. I login to keep my bonus alive, hoping I'll be better the next day, or I run a seasonal event just so I don't miss the credits and that's been it. Don't worry, as soon as I get on this, I'll finish up in 3 days total at the most. With my weakened immune system, due to organ transplantation, winter time seems to be especially difficult for me. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm intentionally being lazy with this - my interest in this experiment remains as high and excited as the day I said I would participate. Thanks guys! 👍

How did you know I was out of cake I only had three bits and wasn't expecting such a rush.
:lol:
It's ok the chicken's fine...tastes like human. But you can keep the white wine :yuck: :lol:
Please forgive my ongoing absenteeism with Round 2. I continue to be dealing with my stubborn health issues and I haven't been on GT6 much at all in the past few weeks. I login to keep my bonus alive, hoping I'll be better the next day, or I run a seasonal event just so I don't miss the credits and that's been it. Don't worry, as soon as I get on this, I'll finish up in 3 days total at the most. With my weakened immune system, due to organ transplantation, winter time seems to be especially difficult for me. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm intentionally being lazy with this - my interest in this experiment remains as high and excited as the day I said I would participate. Thanks guys! 👍
Sorry to hear you've been a bit under the weather ALB :( Hope you feel better soon. And remember, always do what nurse says, If you're good you may get more than a lollypop ;) :lol:

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you, don't worry about this experiment we'll crash up DolHaus's car real nice for you, just take good care of yourself and get back healthy.
smileys-get-well-soon-236760.gif

Dude take care of your self first, this is just a game after all. Health is not something to take lightly in anyway. Maybe the healing winds find you.
It's ok the chicken's fine...tastes like human. But you can keep the white wine :yuck: :lol:
Tastes of human.
But the white wine is the base of the Frisia sauce can't have a great chicken dish with out it! :lol:

Wishing you all the best @ALB123 . As many have already mentioned, your health comes first. I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope to see you back on track soon. In the meantime, do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself.

0002064D.gif

36_14_7.gif

3_12_33.gif

Well my friend DolHaus, it's all in your hands now, have fun :lol:.
3.gif
Another speeding ticket!? You surprise me, us youngsters didn't think you lot knew cars could go above 55.:P
I would say I'm right behind you, but I've only got though the first few so far. I've been finding it hard to match my 0/0 camber run at all, even though I'm quicker at every part of the track but Copse (First corner) with 1/1 and 2/2 I got real lucky and went through at almost Alien-like speed. Now I'm chasing myself all the way at 3/3, sitting in my ghost's fueltank :lol:

Don't worry DolHaus, I'm taking notes. Just thought it'd be easier all round if I post them up in a batch or two instead of 1 at a time. It'll stop that guilty feeling you get when you end up double. triple or even quadruple posting:sly: I always picture some poor Mod getting annoying alerts and
computerhit.gif
:lol:

3.gif
Another speeding ticket!? You surprise me, us youngsters didn't think you lot knew cars could go above
is that mph or kmh? On my daily trip to work I rarely go over 60kmh, to many
3_12_32.gif
on my way, they tolerate 10 over the 50 limit and I NEVER had a speeding ticket 👍.
I would say I'm right behind you, but I've only got though the first few so far. I've been finding it hard to match my 0/0 camber run at all, even though I'm quicker at every part of the track but Copse (First corner) with 1/1 and 2/2 I got real lucky and went through at almost Alien-like speed. Now I'm chasing myself all the way at 3/3, sitting in my ghost's fueltank :lol:
I was faster with 1/1 and 2/2, funny no, I guess I can be influenced by
000203F4.gif
people after all, or maybe its something I caught, better go see my
36_17_1.gif
and see if he's got something for
Picture 1.png
, could be contagious, wouldn't want the rest of the chaps to get it. It could screw up this whole experiment.
36_12_6.gif
, notice the shoe colors are right this time.

Any of you guys called Karsten Beoulve? I've got someone by that name asking for access to the google doc

@TurnLeft Why do I have 2 sets of data in my inbox? Which set do you want to use? (I'm not analysing it twice :lol:)

Last edited:
@TurnLeft Why do I have 2 sets of data in my inbox? Which set do you want to use? (I'm not analysing it twice :lol:)
Sorry for this lateness, alerts are not coming in 3/4 of the time. I did the experiment twice, Set A is the fastest Best Lap, Set B is the other, I thought (hey Thorin Cain here's an open door ) that it could be useful to have more data, but if you only want 1 (one, uno, un) then use the Set A, but if by some lucky chance I hit a moose are any small creature and the data is unsatisfying for analytical purposes, then you could use Set B, but I would prefer you would use set A since it shows me in a better light of driving, so do as you please and if doing nothing pleases you, please do. You could also use both sets, that is set A and set B, or inverse them and use set B and set A, the difference should be minimal, but of course you could also not use any and we could just throw a party, which reminds me of the time that ...........................bla bla bla ...................bla bla bla .................bla bla bla ..................bla bla bla ...................bla bla bla .................bla bla bla ........and have a good day my friend, it's always a pleasure participating in these types of experiments.:cheers:

Sorry for this lateness, alerts are not coming in 3/4 of the time. I did the experiment twice, Set A is the fastest Best Lap, Set B is the other, I thought (hey Thorin Cain here's an open door ) that it could be useful to have more data, but if you only want 1 (one, uno, un) then use the Set A, but if by some lucky chance I hit a moose are any small creature and the data is unsatisfying for analytical purposes, then you could use Set B, but I would prefer you would use set A since it shows me in a better light of driving, so do as you please and if doing nothing pleases you, please do. You could also use both sets, that is set A and set B, or inverse them and use set B and set A, the difference should be minimal, but of course you could also not use any and we could just throw a party, which reminds me of the time that ...........................bla bla bla ...................bla bla bla .................bla bla bla ..................bla bla bla ...................bla bla bla .................bla bla bla ........and have a good day my friend, it's always a pleasure participating in these types of experiments.:cheers:
We may be able to use multiple data entries from a single driver at a future point but currently the pool is too shallow and it would bias the results. I'll store them for later use but at the moment I can only use one set 👍

Well, I just ran all 11 camber settings on Silverstone and exported the MoTeC data files for each to my laptop. Now all I have to do is run the data through MoTeC for analysis. I'm so sorry that I've been holding up Round 2. Thank you, everybody, for your patience. I will post my results in the next couple of days.

Well, I just ran all 11 camber settings on Silverstone and exported the MoTeC data files for each to my laptop. Now all I have to do is run the data through MoTeC for analysis. I'm so sorry that I've been holding up Round 2. Thank you, everybody, for your patience. I will post my results in the next couple of days.
You've not held things up at all, I've been quite busy and not even had time to add @TurnLeft 's data into the tables yet :lol:

Please take as much time as you need and thank you for participating 👍

Oh, that makes me feel so much better, DolHaus... Thank you. I've been fighting so many different physical issues lately. This winter has been so harsh for me. I just catch cold after cold after cold. It's ridiculous! Because of my medical condition a typical cold that lasts 3-4 days for a regular person stays with me for 2 weeks. It's so frustrating!

Back