The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
There are two bugs I noticed:

-HUD layout isn't saved. It's reset every time to default layout.
-exiting the game does not completely shut down the process. It is not visible in the task manager, but Steam won't launch Pcars again because it's still running.

-exiting the game does not completely shut down the process. It is not visible in the task manager, but Steam won't launch Pcars again because it's still running.
First one is a known bug.
Second is weird. I don't have this issue. Usually steam has these few seconds where it uploads some save data to the cloud, but it shouldn't be more than a few seconds. After that you should be able to start normally.

Firstly, I LOVE PCars.

Like anything there are bugs and glitches. I have noticed a few but the standout one for me so far is I did two QRW where I qualified 3rd and 4th respectively. I watched the replays of qualifying and the whole time there was an alert that said something like "AI Car times are not recorded" and when I went to the race start both times I was dead last on the grid.
So I don't know if there is some glitch that occurs when watching the quali replay that places the player last at race start, or if I am doing something wrong. Next time I will see what happens if I don't watch a replay of quali.
I'm on PS4.
Anyone else seen this?

Firstly, I LOVE PCars.

Like anything there are bugs and glitches. I have noticed a few but the standout one for me so far is I did two QRW where I qualified 3rd and 4th respectively. I watched the replays of qualifying and the whole time there was an alert that said something like "AI Car times are not recorded" and when I went to the race start both times I was dead last on the grid.
So I don't know if there is some glitch that occurs when watching the quali replay that places the player last at race start, or if I am doing something wrong. Next time I will see what happens if I don't watch a replay of quali.
I'm on PS4.
Anyone else seen this?
Never seen this before. Let me know if it happens again and what race it is in. Thanks!

Online sessions are more broken now than in pre release.

Session host cannot start session and cannot see others "thumbs up" icons.

When host leaves the session and all others have thumbs up , the session starts automatically.

PC version.

I've held my tongue over the last 2 years , just so I didn't have to listen to the fannoys cry of "its not finished yet , it will be the greatest racing game ever!"
Well , the release build is just as buggy as any I ever tried previously. I'm not surprised or disappointed either. I could see this coming a mile off.

Have fun with it fanboys. Back to iracing for me :) (not that I ever left :D )

i had a few glitches last night:

1. one time the small penalty alert box that pops up on the mid-left of the screen came on after telling me to pit in and just started flickering very quickly on and off until i pitted. was very distracting.

2. Sauber C9
dashboard was illuminated but my headlights were switched off

3. the whole race froze for a second then was ok after pulling away from the start at Spa, quick race

4. sitting on the grid at Sakitto and waiting for the lights to appear but they never did. had to restart race.

5. sometimes the Stig's subtitles would appear but there would be no voice (also is it even possible to disable subtitles? haven't seen that option).

quite a few for the first couple of hours really, hope the feedback helps.

PS4 Version (720p)

Dunno if this is a bug, but when I'm moving between menus there's noticeable lag. The navigation process feels very sluggish.

VBR
PS4 Version (720p)

Dunno if this is a bug, but when I'm moving between menus there's noticeable lag. The navigation process feels very sluggish.
yeah I've had a few occasions where it hasn't seemed to have responded so I've pressed the button again to then have 2 inputs register, putting me on the wrong page. think it's just a big laggy

yeah I've had a few occasions where it hasn't seemed to have responded so I've pressed the button again to then have 2 inputs register, putting me on the wrong page. think it's just a big laggy

I've not had to do 2 inputs yet. It just doesn't respond when you press the button for anything up to a second. Just feels sluggish.

VBR
I've not had to do 2 inputs yet. It just doesn't respond when you press the button for anything up to a second. Just feels sluggish.
I was probably too eager lol. pressed circle too quickly I guess.

Was halfway around the Ring when car (Zonda) in the longish strait the car came to a sudden hoalt then when carrying on the steering went very light so pulled into pits end of lap had a tyre change went back out all seemed well for 20 yards them same happened again.

Now it could have been car malfunction or a bug I don't know, Will try another scenario shortly.

The latter is probably Steam related rather than game (assuming you are exiting the game "normally"). I get this occasionally with games, and it will be random. Kill the Steam process in Ctrl-Alt-Del, start Steam again, open pCARS, close it immediately then try and restart.

I've never worked out a pattern to why this happens...

twice I had a F1000 car blatantly swerve into me on Bathurst for no reason; there was plenty of space for us both. was battling for 1st when I got smashed into a wall by the AI. a tad aggressive. wonder if the same thing would happen with full damage on?

btw those cars are really nice to drive

There are issues with Fanatec Wheels. They simply do not work properly. My comments are specific to the Porsche GT2 Wheel.

1) Massive dead spot at the centre - about 15-20 degrees. Can be reduced by putting wheel into drift mode #3 and increasing the sensitivity to about 540deg

2) Buttons do not light up to show symbols

3) Most buttons do not even work and the hand controller is disabled so you can't revert back to that.

4) Force feedback does not work very well - it is just heavy or heavier and no road feel.

This is where I stopped as I unbolted it and installed a Thrustmaster T300 which has solved my problems.

There are issues with Fanatec Wheels. They simply do not work properly. My comments are specific to the Porsche GT2 Wheel.

1) Massive dead spot at the centre - about 15-20 degrees. Can be reduced by putting wheel into drift mode #3 and increasing the sensitivity to about 540deg

3) Most buttons do not even work and the hand controller is disabled so you can't revert back to that.

4) Force feedback does not work very well - it is just heavy or heavier and no road feel.

This is where I stopped as I unbolted it and installed a Thrustmaster T300 which has solved my problems.

Look here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...roubleshooting-settings.328086/#post-10676264

That troubleshooting doesn't help unfortunately,the deadzone is massive :( i was hoping to come home and race my little butt off haha.
I have no issues other than the deadzone,it's extremely hard to tell what the FFB is doing with a large deadzone,so i can't really say anything about that,but i repeat that DEADZONE is bad.
Please please please can someone mention this at WMD and see if we can get it sorted out,would be very much appreciated.
Edit:you can't assign buttons properly either

Last edited:
That troubleshooting doesn't help unfortunately,the deadzone is massive :( i was hoping to come home and race my little butt off haha.
I have no issues other than the deadzone,it's extremely hard to tell what the FFB is doing with a large deadzone,so i can't really say anything about that,but i repeat that DEADZONE is bad.
Please please please can someone mention this at WMD and see if we can get it sorted out,would be very much appreciated.
Edit:you can't assign buttons properly either

We need to keep plugging this as it is urgent. I have friends that are struggling with these wheels. Plus I wouldn't mind putting mine back on ;-)

Oh dear! I just bought me one of these & am waiting for it to be delivered. Unfortunately I haven't got another compatible wheel.

:(

The problem is rare but known.
I discovered that is mostly happens when exiting the game from the default menu screen.
ATM, I have this problem too and what helps, is exiting pcars e.g. from the driver network screen. Try it out.

I don't know if it is a bug or it's my fault, but I can't use t300rs and DS4 at the same time (one for drive and the other for the menu). If I enter the game with t300 The game doesn't detect the pad, if I enter with the pad I can't use the wheel.

VBR
Oh dear! I just bought me one of these & am waiting for it to be delivered. Unfortunately I haven't got another compatible wheel.

:(
Fear not @VBR i have the utmost faith in the WMD boys conveying the issue and SMS fixing it,i will say i am a realist and i'm not expecting it to be fixed tomorrow,but just going by the track record of the whole team so far,i have high hopes it will be fixed :)

3 major bugs so far for me on PS4:

1. the AI can't handle to drive the mclaren gt3 out of the pit on zolder, always flipping the car over and driving against the pitwall, with luck you get on track with a completely damaged car ! (single race WE, 29 cars, same class, 22 o clock, cloudy, happens in free practice and qualifying)

2. after approx 15 km of cote azure driving the focus RS the screen froze , then black screen and PS4 reboot (with heat effects enabled at sunset if it matters)

3. after checking a few cars liveries the camera gets stuck and you have to go back to the menus

Last edited:
Hi there,

PS4 with a Fanatec CSR wheel w/CSR Elite pedals. Boy do I have some issues. I've been noting them down on a piece of paper as I play.

Ok, here we go...
  • Game will not recognise the clutch pedal.
  • Unless you assign a button to the clutch, when you go out on track, the clutch will be engaged (even with auto clutch turned on) so you go nowhere.
  • If I calibrate the pedals, I loose L2 and R2 functionality in menus, which is kind of crucial for navigating around.
  • (Not sure if this one is wheel specific) - Some of the sliders behave very weird. Some go up in increments of 1, some in 5, and some in 10. Steering config goes up in increments of 5, which is really annoying (who wants a deadzone of either 0 or 5). The difficulty slider only goes up in increments of 10! Whats the point of having difficulty between 0 - 100. Just make it 0 - 10 if its going to be like that?
  • Once in a session, how do you scroll the leaderboard with a wheel (on a controller, it seems to be the right thumbstick).
  • Below about 10km/h, or when stationary, the FFB in the wheel seems to invert. If you turn it slightly from center, it will CRANK to one side with a tonne of force (when this happened, I wasn't expecting it and it took my thumb with it. I seriously thought I'd broken my thumb. It went with such force). When you pull the wheel back to center and past center in the other direction, it will crank full lock to that direction too. Like I said, its like the FFB becomes inverted (it should be noted I have 0 deadzone. Not sure if having a deadzone of 1 fixes this issue, but I HATE deadzones).
  • When you go into the garage and try to change car livery, you click the directional arrow once, and it jumps by 2 liveries. Example: say you're on livery 1, you click right once, and it jumps to livery 3, with no way to get to livery 2, or 4, or 6 and so on). So there is no way to get to 50% of the liveries.
  • Not a bug, but a big nice to have... On PS4, with a wheel, obviously you are limited somewhat on buttons real estate, so please, can we not make it required to have the 'handbrake' and the 'look back' buttons bound to buttons? I (and I'm sure most) NEVER use the handbrake, and for the look back button, we have mirrors. Make these buttons optional. I would love to be able to free these 2 buttons up for other things.
I posted this in another thread, but I figured this would be a good thread to keep it in.

just fired up a race after leaving my PS4 in suspend mode and my T300 went crazy and started vibrating off to one side. had to close application and reboot to sort it out.

EDIT: my wheel was disconnected while the PS4 was in rest mode.

Last edited:
Back