The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
Aren't the pre-installs locked by a small percentage of the code being kept back? It's been a long time since i pre-installed something and it was on Steam. But come release day a tiny file was downloaded that unlocked it. Same deal?

Aren't the pre-installs locked by a small percentage of the code being kept back? It's been a long time since i pre-installed something and it was on Steam. But come release day a tiny file was downloaded that unlocked it. Same deal?

I believe so, but it never hurts to try! :D

Can anyone comment on this review? Is he right about the things in PC?

Regarding the physics: He's completly wrong. We had this discussion a lot of times now, a responsive and "easy" to control car does not mean that the physics are dumbed down or that it is arcade. In fact, lots of real drivers say that video games are too hard compared to the real thing. Also, the sudden grip loss like in iRacing is unrealistic whereas in pcars, you will be able to catch the car. How often do you see a Gt3 driver spin out at the end of the corner? Right, not very often.

Regarding the AI: Yes the are agressiv, but that is to be expected on a high AI level. But I made the experience that they know where you are (also in the recent build) and that they fight hard, but fair. There are however still some tracks where they are a bit slow on the highest settings, but this is known to wmd.

Regarding "midnight" in LeMans: This was not midnight. I just started the game and took a screenshot at midnight on LeMans:

3C4EF33F8B9611BE0CFCA4E0A64431494180DF10

So, as you can see with the video rating and the comments, it's just a bad review, not a bad game

Thanks so much for that Psy for clarifying.

If driving is too easy does it mean that he has his settings wrong then? Or that he might have had assist on abs on things like that?

Then how do you tell what is realistic and what is not in terms of physics? How would you tell if the game is showing proper realistic physics to that in real life? Unless you have driven all the real cars how would you know if what you exp in the game is almost the same in real life?

If driving is too easy does it mean that he has his settings wrong then? Or that he might have had assist on abs on things like that?

GT3 cars for example do have ABS and TC. Driving race cars fast is easier than driving road cars fast. Driving race cars on the edge of grip constantly is hard (and what separates average from great drivers).

Then how do you tell what is realistic and what is not in terms of physics? How would you tell if the game is showing proper realistic physics to that in real life? Unless you have driven all the real cars how would you know if what you exp in the game is almost the same in real life?

That's easy. I trust the real race car drivers like Ben Collins or Nic Hamilton who gave feedback for more than 3 years.

Driving race cars on the edge of grip constantly is hard (and what separates average from great drivers).

I have no idea what that means? You mean to master the car so you can turn corner brilliantly? Like mastering the Mclaren with poor breaks?

That's easy. I trust the real race car drivers like Ben Collins or Nic Hamilton who gave feedback for more than 3 years.

So they gave it thumbs up on all the cars and how realistic they are to the real thing? :) Is that the first time this happen with a hardcore sim? Virtual cars simulating real life cars?

And just how exact are they to the real thing? Percentage?

I have no idea what that means? You mean to master the car so you can turn corner brilliantly? Like mastering the Mclaren with poor breaks?

So they gave it thumbs up on all the cars and how realistic they are to the real thing? :) Is that the first time this happen with a hardcore sim? Virtual cars simulating real life cars?

And just how exact are they to the real thing? Percentage?

They drove the cars in game and mostly also in real life. They gave enough feedback to fill a >400 pages of a book. It's the first time this happened in such a huge amount. Before that, race drivers did mostly just advertise the game, but those two (and some others) acutally helped to develop the game with their feedback and real life experience.

What he menas with "driving constantly on the edge" is that you are able to do very fast laps over and over again. Race cars have a lot of grip but constantly driving them so fast as possible is the challenge

WOW that gave that much feedback to the game? Like talking to a car engineer on simulating all the parts of a real engine! If only these things can be highlighted some how so players understand how real it is! Most will just play it and say wow its looks nice but have no idea behind how it got built!

So if every detail can somehow be highlighted so players know what input the Pro gave it might help players understand and appreciate the complexity of the game!

So keep on practicing. :)

If you got real good in PC could you take what you know to real life racing? Is that possible? Since the Pro are doing it to learn the track and they do have their own virtual sim to practice also!

I mean driving on the limit all the time. Which of course mostly means cornering, since every idiot (even me :D) can drive a race car in a straight line.

So they gave it thumbs up on all the cars and how realistic they are to the real thing?

Read this:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-driver-feedback-compilation-available/#more-6777

It should keep you busy till release.

They drove the cars in game and mostly also in real life. They gave enough feedback to fill a >400 pages of a book. It's the first time this happened in such a huge amount. Before that, race drivers did mostly just advertise the game, but those two (and some others) acutally helped to develop the game with their feedback and real life experience.

What he menas with "driving constantly on the edge" is that you are able to do very fast laps over and over again. Race cars have a lot of grip but constantly driving them so fast as possible is the challenge
This makes sense..I've seen so many videos where the driver is in first place and driving really fast for 2 or 3 laps and the AI is just hanging in there and all of a sudden the driver makes a mistake and he/she ends up in the middle of the field. I guess it is pretty hard to do hot laps in a whole race, let's say 50 laps...I will be trying to find my pace, something I am comfortable with and take it from there....hot laps just here and there, specially if it is a long race and tire degradation plays a big part in it.

You also really need to up your game and be smooth. If you're not pushing hard enough, your tyres will go cold. Push too hard and you cook them.

This is what it means. If your lap ultimate lap time on a track is 2:00, you'll find it relatively easy to do 2:02 or 2:03 over and over, but difficult to hit 2:00 over and over. Then you'll go to a leaderboard and you'll see a swath of guys at 1:57 and 1:58 and one alien in the 1:56's and realize that even at 2:00 which you find difficult to do over and over, you are still nowhere near the limit of the car:sly:

I've watched a lot of YT videos and a few live streams now, and I can tell you that few of them are close to the limits of the car. I see them missing apexes, not running wide on exit because they didn't carry enough speed, hesitantly braking etc. They leave a lot of time out on the track and still appear to struggle.

Agreed, I find the Clio difficult to keep warm. There are drivers out there who are able to trust their abilities more than I can trust mine to take the corners as fast as they do. One way the best drivers can make up time is through the use of trail braking, you can make up so much time with a properly set-up car.

Agreed, I find the Clio difficult to keep warm. There are drivers out there who are able to trust their abilities more than I can trust mine to take the corners as fast as they do. One way the best drivers can make up time is through the use of trail braking, you can make up so much time with a properly set-up car.
I set some decent times in the Fiat 500 Abarth in AC and what I found was that you really have control the entry oversteer (yes GT fans, you have to control the oversteer in an FF - no joke) by balancing the car with throttle. You can't just lift off entering a corner like you would in many cars, or the rear end will whip around and you'll spin (yes GT fans, you will spin out in many FF's if you just lift the throttle on entry - no joke), but instead, a slight amount of throttle to balance the car and let it float around the corner really helps keep the speed up and the back end in control. Some new driving techniques are going to be in order for us console racers:sly:

I just watched the video, and it seems like from the word go he had it in for Project Cars, picking on SMS for previous titles. Then to say the cars are too easy to drive, well, has he driven a race car on a race track? Granted, I haven't either; but from what many race car drivers say is that race cars are easier to drive than a street car. They make them this way to help the driver focus for hours on end. If it was a basket case to drive, you would see a lot more crashes and people not wanting to race. He made a few points about the AI being a little wonky in the one race, but at 100%, did he try dialing it down a few. He also didn't set the night race up right per the comments section in the video.

All in all, I can't wait until I get to play it :) and I will take an <insert other sim> fanboy's opinion with a grain of salt.

Don't forget to use this thread to post your bugs and glitches fellas. Let's keep the forums nice and orderly. Feel free to "bump" this thread up with small but legitimate issues as you play the game so it stays on the front page and we can avoid the forum getting flooded with threads for every single issue.

Last edited:
Yeah Johnny is right. And be as exact as you can please. So they can then be forwarded to SMS.

Platform
Car
Track
Game mode

etc.. 👍

OK

Platform: XB1
Car: Ruf GT3, Formula C
Tracks, Silverstone, Sonoma
Game mode: Free Practise

So nothing big or game breaking but I notice that in the first few laps or so the cars engine sound would, for lack of a better word, vibrate and It seemed to be doing this in sync with the XB1s Controller Vibration. It starts on lap 1 or 2 and doesn't last very long but its there and was easy to replicate. I noticed it with these cars but a guy in my party also noticed it with the M1

I noticed on the Daren Gangi video, he DNF'd the heat race in his Karting championship then was on pole for the feature race. Did I miss something?

Looking forward to getting the game and seeing for myself (pre order delayed by the warehouse flood)

I can't get my Fanatec GT2 to work on PS4. The game recognises the wheel but is very slow and often unresponsive in the menus. I tried to set up a race with my DS4 and then fire up the wheel just before entering the track but I'm just left sitting on the grid with engines revving.

Is there a bug with tuning on PS4? i can't seem to change suspension setting, or am i missing something? on t300

Some cars have settings disabled as per real car, so not everything is available on every car. Road cars for example will have a lot less stuff to tune compared to race cars. Could this be your problem?

Some cars have settings disabled as per real car, so not everything is available on every car. Road cars for example will have a lot less stuff to tune compared to race cars. Could this be your problem?

It was a GT4 car i was trying to tune, are GTs not all open?

Cheers

It was the 3rd page in tuning, the only thing i could move was rear say and that was hit and miss, just don't seem right!

This guy found that if you are using the steering aid it will literally fight you if you try to enter the pits.

Back