The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
I received a drive-thru penalty for jumping the start at Spa (fair enough). I served the drive-thru, however I was given a 1,234 second slow down penalty for apparently cutting the track - race over for no reason whatsoever.

And now my game has just crashed on starting a new career in karts. Quite buggy so far unfortunately.

Not a bug, but a big nice to have... On PS4, with a wheel, obviously you are limited somewhat on buttons real estate, so please, can we not make it required to have the 'handbrake' and the 'look back' buttons bound to buttons? I (and I'm sure most) NEVER use the handbrake, and for the look back button, we have mirrors. Make these buttons optional. I would love to be able to free these 2 buttons up for other things.

Good news: This is known and will be fixed asap.

3 major bugs so far for me on PS4:

1. the AI can't handle to drive the mclaren gt3 out of the pit on zolder, always flipping the car over and driving against the pitwall, with luck you get on track with a completely damaged car ! (single race WE, 29 cars, same class, 22 o clock, cloudy, happens in free practice and qualifying)

2. after approx 15 km of cote azure driving the focus RS the screen froze , then black screen and PS4 reboot (with heat effects enabled at sunset if it matters)

3. after checking a few cars liveries the camera gets stuck and you have to go back to the menus
addition:

4. next game crash on PS4, gr5 bmws 320 , race weekend on nürburgring GP, same class, black screen while playing with rewind in replay of the qualifying, this time i was able to quit the game using the PS4 menu.

hope those crashes are getting fixed :/ this game is toooooo good not to be played :)

I started a career race an invitational race in a Renault Megane and just lost all sound I couldn't hear nothing but when the race finished and it went back to the menus the sound came back..

I don't know if it is a bug or it's my fault, but I can't use t300rs and DS4 at the same time (one for drive and the other for the menu). If I enter the game with t300 The game doesn't detect the pad, if I enter with the pad I can't use the wheel.
That's how PS4 is designed: Every "official" controller is assigned to a (different) user.

I don't know if SMS is allowed to work around that.

4 little things for me so far:

a) In second race of first round in career in the Clios at Donington i lost all the HUD without changing a thing....Made it difficult to follow the race and how many laps etc.

b) When i start a new race i have to turn on the Force Feedback on my Thrustmaster T100 wheel, as it turns itself off on the results screen after each race.

c) Aston Martin GT4 interior and dash display very dark at Donington, impossible to read info on dash display.

d) The subtitles (which you can't turn off for some reason) don't match what the pit engineer says at times.

Great game though!! :)

4 little things for me so far:

a) In second race of first round in career in the Clios at Donington i lost all the HUD without changing a thing....Made it difficult to follow the race and how many laps etc.

b) When i start a new race i have to turn on the Force Feedback on my Thrustmaster T100 wheel, as it turns itself off on the results screen after each race.

c) Aston Martin GT4 interior and dash display very dark at Donington, impossible to read info on dash display.

d) The subtitles (which you can't turn off for some reason) don't match what the pit engineer says at times.

Great game though!! :)

a) Reality Mode activated :D

c) Did you turn the headlights on? I always have them on to have a brigther dash.

a) Reality Mode activated :D

c) Did you turn the headlights on? I always have them on to have a brigther dash.

Ahh really @psychoazubi? If you are on pro mode you don't have a HUD because of 'Reality Mode'?

Yes i did turn the lights on, and of course i could then read it, but the dash shouldn't be pitch black with lights off......

The wheel issue is no big deal, but of course in an ideal world i shouldn't have to keep turning the FFB on after each race again. And an option should be put in the game menu to turn of race engineer from the DS4 on PS4, and the subtitles too.

Hope these get fixed! :)

3 major bugs so far for me on PS4:

1. the AI can't handle to drive the mclaren gt3 out of the pit on zolder, always flipping the car over and driving against the pitwall, with luck you get on track with a completely damaged car ! (single race WE, 29 cars, same class, 22 o clock, cloudy, happens in free practice and qualifying)

2. after approx 15 km of cote azure driving the focus RS the screen froze , then black screen and PS4 reboot (with heat effects enabled at sunset if it matters)

3. after checking a few cars liveries the camera gets stuck and you have to go back to the menus

addition:

4. next game crash on PS4, gr5 bmws 320 , race weekend on nürburgring GP, same class, black screen while playing with rewind in replay of the qualifying, this time i was able to quit the game using the PS4 menu.

hope those crashes are getting fixed :/ this game is toooooo good not to be played :)

I tried to reproduce those to report them to WMD, but I couldnt. Got any more details? For example, which pit garage are you in if that happens at Zolder (beginning/mid/end of pit lane)? Can you give me the time, weather and for the BMW 320 race the number of opponents?

I tried to reproduce those to report them to WMD, but I couldnt. Got any more details? For example, which pit garage are you in if that happens at Zolder (beginning/mid/end of pit lane)? Can you give me the time, weather and for the BMW 320 race the number of opponents?
i will send you a PM in german ;)

Ahh really @psychoazubi? If you are on pro mode you don't have a HUD because of 'Reality Mode'?

Yes i did turn the lights on, and of course i could then read it, but the dash shouldn't be pitch black with lights off......

The wheel issue is no big deal, but of course in an ideal world i shouldn't have to keep turning the FFB on after each race again. And an option should be put in the game menu to turn of race engineer from the DS4 on PS4, and the subtitles too.

Hope these get fixed! :)

It was a joke, there is no reality mode :D

All bugs are reported and adressed. Some have a higher priority than others and some are very easy to fix. Everything will turn out fine. We love our game and want it also to be perfect

It's the first pit (the one at the pit exit). I already reported this in the track issues thread a few days ago.

(PS4) If you custumize the position of HUD elements (which is neat feature) and save the setting, in the next run HUD is in its default position. I tried it countless times and it's always the same, setting is not loaded in the next race.

(PS4) If you custumize the position of HUD elements (which is neat feature) and save the setting, in the next run HUD is in its default position. I tried it countless times and it's always the same, setting is not loaded in the next race.
Known bug.

Johnny are you at work? I'm very surprised your not sick today.
Sorry guys couldn't resist,keep up the great posts. Yes I'm still waiting patiently.:banghead:🤬:cheers::gtpflag:

Project CARS_20150507170528.jpg
The rastaman(lattice , gridding) came to Playstation 4 tracks .
These are;

1:Brands hatch

2:Badhurst

3:Cadwell Park

I took a picture as example .
Not yet done the other tracks , will report back if i encounter this issue on other circuit .
Thanks .

It happens two times, that my Opppnent was a Ghost, I could drive trough them!
It happen with the Clio at Cadwell Park and with RUF GT3 at Oulton Park!

It was a joke, there is no reality mode :D

All bugs are reported and adressed. Some have a higher priority than others and some are very easy to fix. Everything will turn out fine. We love our game and want it also to be perfect

Haha you are a joker!! Good news!! :D

I have found 3 more little things FYI:

a) In the second round of the Clio Cup at Snetterton my overalls became red Audi overalls. (they were yellow Renault ones before)

b) The Clio dash displays a random gear number at the start of a race, instead of N = neutral, a bit confusing and caused me to jump the start.

c) The steering display on the Formula A car stopped working (revs and speed stayed at zero) in a time trial at Silverstone after entering photo mode and then returning to the car to play more.

It's a wonderful game, and it will be so much better in a few months when all these little glitches are sorted out! :)

So i bought PCars for ps4 today and i have noticed 2 thinks but im not sure are they bugs. So first of all sometimes when im downshifting, engine sounds sounds laggy like i have lagg spike with sound when i downshift. Other think i have noticed is that im driving with dualshock 4 and sometimes its starts vibrating like crazy and keeps on going for short time even if i stop car. Also that vibrating drains controllers battery really fast. :confused:

Back