The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
Hi all, have been searching for an answer but unfortunately didnt found anything.

Since patch 9 (I think) the cars are very sensitive in terms of steering. The worst is when I touch the kerbs, even if Im runing very slowly the car is like hit by something, and most of the time I go out of track or spining.

Also the turns are very imprecise and the car moves itself when Im steering in a long corner.

I tryed 6 diferent cars... with all them having the same issue. Im playing the game since it was released and before patch 9 I didnt have this problem at all.

Tryed to reset the Wheel (T300), recalibrate... but still not working.

Hope someone has an answer for this, if the problem persists I will give up with this game, right now the driving experience is very bad.

Thank you!
Did you try switching between default and classic settings in the FFB menu? Also check out steering gain and jerk around with that a bit.

My main profile is stuck in Formula Rookie, no matter what position I finish the championship in (from abandoning it to winning the World Championship) all I get is an offer to renew and carry on in Formula Rookie with the same team.

Rather frustrating, but I had been considering a new profile now that I have the wheel and seat, so I guess this forces that hand.

My main profile is stuck in Formula Rookie, no matter what position I finish the championship in (from abandoning it to winning the World Championship) all I get is an offer to renew and carry on in Formula Rookie with the same team.

Rather frustrating, but I had been considering a new profile now that I have the wheel and seat, so I guess this forces that hand.
Are you looking for Formula A, B, or C contracts? Or any contract other than renewing F Rookie? If it is the latter, try changing the Inbox category to Contracts to view all available (including previously offered) contracts. This worked for me.

Are you looking for Formula A, B, or C contracts? Or any contract other than renewing F Rookie? If it is the latter, try changing the Inbox category to Contracts to view all available (including previously offered) contracts. This worked for me.
Anything will do, as much as I love the FR championship (I honestly do - its great fun) its time to move on.

Will give that a go tonight.

👍

Edited to add: That fixed it. Many thanks

Last edited:
Well now i'm sad just had my first crash the screen went black in back to the title screen :(

Car - 2013 Marek RP 339H
Track - Le Mans Circuit 24h du Mans
Practice Mode
weather all clear
Time 12:00 with 20x
Camera - Helmet Camera

Last edited:
Just suffered my second system crash in 2 days. Reminds me of when the Renault DLC came out. New DLC, new crashes. Awesome.

Anyone remember the 'good ol days' of games going alpha, beta, gold.. Then being released followed by a single six month patch? Dang I feel old...

Decided to try tuning the F1 GTR, because it topped out at only 185MPH, and my setup changes don't save at all.

Edit:

Last edited:
I was doing some qualifying in the Historic Tourers at Donington GP, went over the line and got the message I could finish my qualy lap. Carried on, doing quite well and it quits just after the final chicane going in to the loop.

Why?

Is there a time limit on how long you can spend on the "beyond the time" lap? It would have been about 90s I think.

Anyone remember the 'good ol days' of games going alpha, beta, gold.. Then being released followed by a single six month patch? Dang I feel old...

I remember when games didn't get or need any patches once they came out. I remember slotting a cart into your home console and enjoying the game that was advertised. No game breaking bugs, no crashing your system, no constant patching, no missing content.

I guess this is the price we pay for wanting games to continue to get more and more complex.

System crashes becoming a bit frustrating.

Doing the WEC career path, crashed during qualifying at Spa, decided to do the race the next day and it crashed during the race as well about 10 or so minutes in.

The worse now, on to Lemans, 45mins in the 2hr race, leading and things go dark, not because it's night, but another system crash, don't feel like attempting this race fearing it can happen again close to the end.

I remember when games didn't get or need any patches once they came out. I remember slotting a cart into your home console and enjoying the game that was advertised. No game breaking bugs, no crashing your system, no constant patching, no missing content.

I guess this is the price we pay for wanting games to continue to get more and more complex.

Hold on expecting a car with finite attributes to move around a track with finite attributes using a controller or wheel with specific attributes is complex now? Back to witcher 3 for me.. Mindblowing massive game set in multiple locations with... Oh sorry off topic.. Except the no bugs part.. Its not racing duh but my wheels still there when the game for it demands. Pcars for the megadrive!!
💡
System crashes becoming a bit frustrating.

Doing the WEC career path, crashed during qualifying at Spa, decided to do the race the next day and it crashed during the race as well about 10 or so minutes in.

The worse now, on to Lemans, 45mins in the 2hr race, leading and things go dark, not because it's night, but another system crash, don't feel like attempting this race fearing it can happen again close to the end.

I wonder if we should have a thread devoted solely to game/system crashes resulting in unavoidable end of session/play. If everyone reported every single crash experienced then we could see more accurately if it's one crash for one person a week or 50 crashes for 50 people a day. Some kind of live counter could be interesting. "crashes since last patch = X'

I can't believe after 10 months they still haven't sorted out the random loss of engine audio when starting a race. Is it really so random it can't be indentified and treated? I've had it many many times.

I can't believe after 10 months they still haven't sorted out the random loss of engine audio when starting a race. Is it really so random it can't be indentified and treated? I've had it many many times.

" Sorry that's obviously user error. We can't be responsible for idiots like you switching out the combustion engine for an electric motor in the setup page. We deliberately introduced the 'setups not being applied to car' bug to stop morons messing up our wonderful default setups. Mavis the cleaning lady and Bob the valet literally spent MINUTES perfecting those"

Hold on expecting a car with finite attributes to move around a track with finite attributes using a controller or wheel with specific attributes is complex now? Back to witcher 3 for me.. Mindblowing massive game set in multiple locations with... Oh sorry off topic.. Except the no bugs part.. Its not racing duh but my wheels still there when the game for it demands. Pcars for the megadrive!!
💡

If you honestly believe modern racing sims aren't extremely complex then I fear you may not understand my next statement at all...

You can't compare open world rpgs to racing sims, the sheer amount of work that goes into modern sim physics is way beyond any other genre. The Witcher would have bugger all physics calculations to do, and despite being a large open world game, is far more basic to program than a sim like AC or Pcars.

The tyre model in RF2 alone would take up more CPU than any entire RPG does to run.

If you honestly believe modern racing sims aren't extremely complex then I fear you may not understand my next statement at all...

You can't compare open world rpgs to racing sims, the sheer amount of work that goes into modern sim physics is way beyond any other genre. The Witcher would have bugger all physics calculations to do, and despite being a large open world game, is far more basic to program than a sim like AC or Pcars.

The tyre model in RF2 alone would take up more CPU than any entire RPG does to run.

Just agreeing with this statement based on my experience with GT6, My 80GB Fat PS3 on it's dying days would allow me to play games like Dark/Demon Souls, Deux Ex, NBA2k and such all day, but as soon as I try to do a lap in GT6 the system would crash, just couldn't handle the physics simulation.

@Sloppy Shades probably just kidding though.

Just agreeing with this statement based on my experience with GT6, My 80GB Fat PS3 on it's dying days would allow me to play games like Dark/Demon Souls, Deux Ex, NBA2k and such all day, but as soon as I try to do a lap in GT6 the system would crash, just couldn't handle the physics simulation.

Yeah playing too much GT6 on my old PS3 when it was playing up actually killed it. Same as you, I could play other games without issues, but as soon as I'd play GT6 the system would start playing up, ending up crashing and overheating all the time. Eventually it'd crash every time I tried to load up a game, again, starting with GT6.

However...
Sloppy Shades probably just kidding though.

...I really don't think he was.

! Actually i read Mikes reply earlier and thought YES! A chance to discuss the reasons in detail for why a game crashes or has 'bugs'. Intended to write a detailed reply tomorrow (i can hear groans already..) as I have programming and IT experience. I was not so much joking as being tongue in cheek, or (sorry) mildly sarcastic about modern games.

Not going to write now as too tired but key points are:

There is a difference between crashes caused by cpu/gpu overload and :

--Dead end procedure calls (poorly expanded software can have references to other routines removed earlier (to improve performance/fix other bugs) - result = instant crash regardless of system (unless hosted by virtual machine)
--Divide by zero errors
--Procedure/routine endless loops (causes hangs or endless waits /system unresponsive.

The PS4 is about as standard as you can get, uniform for all users (mine has SSD but thats mostly irrelevant)
PCs are ..well..as different and diverse as humans.

NO retail finished game should crash from CPU/GPU overload on a PS4 unless poorly tested.
Crashes on PCs are an acceptable occupational hazard within limits.

I have been playing games/sims for over 20 years now mainly on PC but also on PSX/all versions

I have extensive flight sim experience with pro flight models built for real world training.

An example here..look up PMDG. eg their 737 NGX or 777 sims. They model the real world aircraft down to everything
but circuit breakers. 'Flying' one is as real world as it gets and exhilarating in its immersion. Crashes and bugs are NOT tolerated and dealt with swiftly and professionally. These dont run on consoles, only computers. I cant even comprehend the complexity dealing with engineering, physics models, weather and even DELIBERATE random or programmed real world mechanical faults/emergencies.
Meh..my point is that its doable. Maybe not financially worth it for a 'gaming' crowd but certainly for a hardcore sim crowd.
I like to PAY for perfection. Id happily pay several hundred dollars for a well supported solid bug free racing experience. I reckon others here would do to.
We either accept it aint gonna happen for a $20 PSN sale game or we whine until it does. Making excuses wont help.

Oh geesh ive gone on to long as usual. Sorry people reading this on a phone. Im writing this on a PC with 55 inch 4k screen that ROCKS project cars with the PS4 graphically.

I also crashed GT5/GT6 on the PS3 from playing way too many hundred hours. BUT...it took that severe abuse to overheat my machine. Pcars doesnt cut it well enough yet on my cool PS4.
Actually I think I dont need another long winded post tomorrow..this should be enough whining for a while.

Footnote: Witcher 3 has an incredibly annoying/simplistic and laughable horse racing sim built into it. I had to win some of the races by trotting sideways.... Project HORSES anyone?

Yeah my point on complexity of modern sims is as sim racers we expect them to get more and more realistic, but at the same price, and available on multiple platforms, all while sim racing is a niche, and not very profitable for devs. We also expect these incredibly complex games to be bug free, despite being made usually by small devs, and we're not willing to wait very long for them. As I stated, you can't compare an RPG with a sim, they're just way too different.

Sims are very complex now, which causes two problems:

1) Making one for a console you'll either have to limit how complex the simulation is, or you'll run into performance issues. Porting a complex PC sim to console is very likely to hit performance brick walls on console.

and 2) Smaller developers (eg Kunos, SMS) will struggle to make a realistic racing sim quickly enough to make a profit without making numerous mistakes that need patching out. Let's not pretend Pcars is the only game that suffers from this, AC has had more than it's share of major issues. Actually, most sims suffer issues and require frequent patches to get them to a reasonable level.

Pcars still wins hands down in the "buggiest game" category though, by a long way. Lack of QA is a big reason for this.

Pcars still wins hands down in the "buggiest game" category though, by a long way. Lack of QA is a big reason for this.
You've not played Rainbow Six Siege then, which currently if I can't get into an online match within ten minutes will crash to the blue screen, try and do anything but play online and it crashes to the blue screen.

In contrast my experience with PCars (while far from perfect) is almost angelic in comparison.

You've not played Rainbow Six Siege then, which currently if I can't get into an online match within ten minutes will crash to the blue screen, try and do anything but play online and it crashes to the blue screen.

In contrast my experience with PCars (while far from perfect) is almost angelic in comparison.

No, admittedly I haven't. Although that sounds like a major issue, does the game have the sheer amount of issues Pcars has? I've played some games with massive issues before, but never one game with so many. Pcars seems to have as many bugs as No Man's Sky has planets (it's 18.4 quintillion btw). :lol:

No, admittedly I haven't. Although that sounds like a major issue, does the game have the sheer amount of issues Pcars has? I've played some games with massive issues before, but never one game with so many. Pcars seems to have as many bugs as No Man's Sky has planets (it's 18.4 quintillion btw). :lol:
In my personal experience it has far more (to the point of being unplayable at present), then again I have suffered very, very little from Pcars issues, in particular I've actually had very few crashes to blue screen in Pcars (last time I checked it was around 5 since launch in the PS4 log - I've had that may in an hour in R6).

Guess I've just been lucky with PCars and unlucky with R6:S.

This was one of my favorite ones I came across in PCars, but even this was last May:

In my personal experience it has far more (to the point of being unplayable at present), then again I have suffered very, very little from Pcars issues, in particular I've actually had very few crashes to blue screen in Pcars (last time I checked it was around 5 since launch in the PS4 log - I've had that may in an hour in R6).

Guess I've just been lucky with PCars and unlucky with R6:S.

In that case, thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely steer clear of R6:S then. Sounds like you've been pretty lucky with Pcars. My experience has been strange, because after some patches I run into very few issues, then after others I have constant bugs. I think it's just pure luck though. I must have had at least 30 crashes. After one particular patch, I was doing my Formula A career on 100% AI and 100% distance, and I would have at least one crash per race, for the entire season.

I'll never forget when the game crashed on lap 70 of one of those Formula A races... :mad:

Back