The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
Ok so some odd things spotted already.

My config:

PS4
Thustmaster T300RS

1. Track - Leguna Seca / Car - Ginetta G40 Junior // Driving into the pits after 2 laps and as soon as the AI took control of the car it smashes the front end into the pit lane wall.

2. Replays - Leguna Seca / Cars - Ginetta G40 & Renault Megan // car keeps jumping from place to place like the game it's trying to keep the car in the correct place. It's a similar effect to Ping lag with online racers. Not sure if this is the same for all cars and track combos.

3. Menus - Quick Vehical Selection in Free Practice // selected the RUF RGT-8 GT3 and pressed square to view the Vehical info, once done exited out back to car selection expecting to be still on the RUF but instead the selection had jumped to my previously raced car, the Ginetta.

Hope this helps.
the last point is a UI issue and is a bit annoying. hopefully they'll tweak that soon.

I know it's known already but the AI headlights don't always come on at night. (Cant remember if this was supposed to be fixed before the release or not?)

Mode: Quick Race
Track: Laguna Seca
Cars: GT3 class mix
Set the conditions to clear and the start time to 16:00 with time-progression at 30x
Ran the "full weekend" i.e. two practices, qualifying and warmup

I can't change the length of the races in career. When I move the slider up the amount of laps stays the same, 2 laps is not a race. Anyone else having this issue?

I can't change the length of the races in career. When I move the slider up the amount of laps stays the same, 2 laps is not a race. Anyone else having this issue?
Hm... No. Even once you set it to 100% you still only have 2 laps? Which races is it?

Hm... No. Even once you set it to 100% you still only have 2 laps? Which races is it?
Yes and only races in career mode, I have *not gone to 100% but it should change with every increment regardless. I've gone up to 50% and still 2 laps. I can bum the AI up and that works, but not laps. I'm currently in the formula rookie championship.

Yes and only races in career mode, I have *not gone to 100% but it should change with every increment regardless. I've gone up to 50% and still 2 laps. I can bum the AI up and that works, but not laps. I'm currently in the formula rookie championship.
Go up higher and report. Some short races only go up to 6 or so laps and percentage doesn't scale linearly.

Great game! :) my issues so far: (PS4)

- T300 works fine but suddenly I think the 'callibration' is forgotten. I mean that the ffb is gone or much harder.

- T300 turns 90° at the start of the races but I think many people have this problem and I might have found the solution, while callibrating you should turn the wheel all the way to the left AND(!) all the way to the right and then back to the middle. I don't think the ingame explanation is specific enough.

- Me and another car driving threw eachother like gosts in the pits during races. happened 2 times.

- Did a quick race at le mans 24 hours circuit wth lmp2, mixed classes, max grid and when it started severel ai-cars had crashed with terminal damage as a result BEFORE the green lights.

- Had a massive EARGASM driving an Formula A car out of the pits :) (not really an isseu ofcourse)

Sorry for my english typing, can't wait to play again tomorrow. Have fun guys! :)

PS4 version, DS4 user. Not a bug, let's say it's a missing feature regarding the custom assignments of buttons. Of course with a DS4 you have to leave a lot of things unassigned. The problem is that the game has its "mandatory" assignments to be done, but they're not specified. So, when you try to exit that menu but you left one of those mandatory assignments unused, the game keeps on saying that there are some unassigned controls and forces you to go back in that page. At this point you have to guess which are those mandatory assignment, going on with random attempts, there's no other way out. I was about to switch off the game, then I finally found the "solution". A good thing to do could be a sort of "highlighting" for those mandatory assignments, maybe in a different color. Another one could be the option for the player to reset to default assignment, so that one can at least leave that page of the menu. Just a minor issue (the game is huge fun so far), but it can be quite annoying.

PS4 version, DS4 user. Not a bug, let's say it's a missing feature regarding the custom assignments of buttons. Of course with a DS4 you have to leave a lot of things unassigned. The problem is that the game has its "mandatory" assignments to be done, but they're not specified. So, when you try to exit that menu but you left one of those mandatory assignments unused, the game keeps on saying that there are some unassigned controls and forces you to go back in that page. At this point you have to guess which are those mandatory assignment, going on with random attempts, there's no other way out. I was about to switch off the game, then I finally found the "solution". A good thing to do could be a sort of "highlighting" for those mandatory assignments, maybe in a different color. Another one could be the option for the player to reset to default assignment, so that one can at least leave that page of the menu. Just a minor issue (the game is huge fun so far), but it can be quite annoying.

That is known and work on it is ongoing. Will be fixed asap.

My brother has started the Formula Rookie career path and is saying that he is having issues with the action of the game. Basically he describes it as going into sort of a fast forward type of thing at times when coming into a corner. It has happened several times on the first track of the series and also happening on the second track.

I have not tried it myself as of yet but he is having a real issue with it.

Any ideas?

btw He is using the PC version

Top of the line AMD CPU 95xx, GTX 760 GPU Windows 7x64

My brother has started the Formula Rookie career path and is saying that he is having issues with the action of the game. Basically he describes it as going into sort of a fast forward type of thing at times when coming into a corner. It has happened several times on the first track of the series and also happening on the second track.

Any ideas?

Never seen this personally in my 3.5 or so years of testing this game. Strange.

Any ideas?

I'm on X1 and I'm getting this problem. It's very obvious coming into the last chicane at Donington National

It's kind of a, um...

You hold on to the brake for a good while into that turn. When you release the brake it feels like the game pops you 5 metres or so ahead of where you should be

A brief whoosh, if you see what I mean. Same as your brothers issue?

Two things:

When pausing a race, the column showing the gap between respective cars are sorted after fastest lap. This makes sense in qualifying, and would make sense if race 2 starting positions were dependent on fastest lap in race 1, but in race mode I'd say my preference would be the column showing gap to leader instead.

It would be great if some kind of minimalistic version of this could be implemented in the HUD as well (full race classification á la TV productions).

Second thing;

I competed in the GT3 UK Championship earlier today. In the longer race of the Donington weekend i lapped the last driver on the final lap. When I crossed the line he showed up in second place, and not in last place, in the classification. I waited for the second placed driver to finish the race and then pressed continue, before the rest had crossed the finish line. The lapped driver got classified in third and took 15 points.

I suppose this only happens when skipping through the rest actually finishing the race, but still. Not a big problem at Donington. A little more disturbing if one has to wait for a whole Norschleife lap, for example.

I've looked through the threads, but I haven't seen anybody else report on these two things.

As for a question/suggestion: It would be useful to have access to information about engine temp (when in the non-cockpit cameras). Perhaps it could be implemented in HUD/telemetry. Can't find it ATM.

Thank you for a great game.

I competed in the GT3 UK Championship earlier today. In the longer race of the Donington weekend i lapped the last driver on the final lap. When I crossed the line he showed up in second place, and not in last place, in the classification. I waited for the second placed driver to finish the race and then pressed continue, before the rest had crossed the finish line. The lapped driver got classified in third and took 15 points.

I suppose this only happens when skipping through the rest actually finishing the race, but still. Not a big problem at Donington. A little more disturbing if one has to wait for a whole Norschleife lap, for example.

Thanks, known as an online bug but didnt know it also affects career - reported!

I'm on X1 and I'm getting this problem. It's very obvious coming into the last chicane at Donington National

It's kind of a, um...

You hold on to the brake for a good while into that turn. When you release the brake it feels like the game pops you 5 metres or so ahead of where you should be

A brief whoosh, if you see what I mean. Same as your brothers issue?

It appears that the issue was the resolution setting. I was not seeing any issue myself so we compared settings and turns out that he was not running in 1920x1080 mode. He was running 1280x720. Changed to match mine at 1920x1080 and seems to be working ok now.

So you may want to check your resolution settings and if not set to 1920x1080 try that setting and see if it solves it for you also.

One curious little bug from me, on certain career races its asks me to pits in....in a three or four lap race, once when in the pouring rain in Sonoma in the Focus RS and the other at a bone dry Snetterton in the Caterham seven....

Hi :) Do you mean my X1 resolution setting or is there something in-game to check?

ta

Please let us know in here if the solution that @HBR-Roadhog suggested is working for you. There are some others in the official forum with the same issue, so it would be cool if I could point them towards a reliable (sort-of, until bug gets fixed) solution. :)

Any ideas?

is he using helmet cam? he might be referring to the look to apex feature. the default is at 50, i found this too extreme where you'd start looking at the apex way before is needed so i dialled mine down to 30, more subtle now.

Looking forward to getting home from university... Utterly boring lecture. Gotta tweak the FFB a little (not that it's bad, the CSR has gotten okay-ish default values, it seems) and I want to up the visuals a little :D That's what's on my mind, not those damn economics!

Also, since I can't check right now, what are the settings for the day/night cycle? As in, what time scale can I set it to? Want to run the Nordschleife and experience that first hand :lol:

is he using helmet cam? he might be referring to the look to apex feature. the default is at 50, i found this too extreme where you'd start looking at the apex way before is needed so i dialled mine down to 30, more subtle now.
Or turn it off

As much as I love playing . I can't help but think what on earth the hundreds if not thousands of testers were actually testing lol.

I mean some of these bugs are clear as day. I can forgive some of the small issues. But these steering wheel and pit issues are crazy.

What were all of these delays for?
A lot of these bugs are known and have been reported and are being worked on. So we did our part, for the most part. In terms of wheel issues, we don't have access to console builds, otherwise that stuff would have been found.

In the perfect world, pCARS would be in the "oven" for a few more month, but SMS has already stretched their budget far enough that another delay would have probably been a very costly one.

No, no helmet cam, he was using hood view for the most part, possibly bumper view at times. Problem seems to have been solved after setting the res to 1920x1080

@RacerPaul
I haven't saw the xbox version but in the PC version there are options for the graphics settings such as resolution and detail levels. This is where the changed was made that seemed to solve the issue for him

Back