The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

Stopped playing PC for some time, yesterday I started the game and drove for several laps two different cars. I felt the car handling was fake, especially recovering from oversteer (the lack of). Promptly closed the application and started Dirt Rally, then enjoyed some intense driving fun.
So you did some extensive testing, right ?
Try setting up your FFB right (admitted that it takes time to learn) and you will be rewarded by the "right" car handling.

So you did some extensive testing, right ?
Try setting up your FFB right (admitted that it takes time to learn) and you will be rewarded by the "right" car handling.

Thanks for the advice. I went through that earlier, things improve, but were still not to my liking especially, as I said earlier, the ability to recover from oversteer. Maybe they should provide an optimum initial preset per wheel type. I just turned on the game to give it another shot, to test it's current state (after all updates), but wasn't satisfied unfortunately.

So it's the game's fault that you can't recover from oversteer? :confused:

I feel the way the car transitions to oversteer is far from feeling close to RL. Many times, any input of steering correction (to correct a slide) results in nothing, the car doesn't react. It's as if the physics engine logic goes into executing a code instruction saying: slide and don't allow recovery. I'm using PS4, by the way.

I don't mean to self praise here, but this is relavent to the discussion, I earned first place in GT Academy online final in the middle east 2014. Out of many years in RL and virtual driving I'm confident in my opinion regarding PC. The issue is not lack of driving skill IMHO.

Hmmmm, maybe it's a PS4 thing, although SMS says the physics are the same across all platforms and I'm on PC.
What I can say, coming from 9 years of GT, is that you cannot drive the same in PCARS as in GT.

Things you can get away with in GT will punish you in PCARS. The thing that got me the most when I 1st started playing PCARS was that in GT you can still brake hard while turning into a corner, but in PCARS this will induce really bad oversteer, that is recoverable but loses you lots of time.

I feel the way the car transitions to oversteer is far from feeling close to RL. Many times, any input of steering correction (to correct a slide) results in nothing, the car doesn't react. It's as if the physics engine logic goes into executing a code instruction saying: slide and don't allow recovery. I'm using PS4, by the way.

I don't mean to self praise here, but this is relavent to the discussion, I earned first place in GT Academy online final in the middle east 2014. Out of many years in RL and virtual driving I'm confident in my opinion regarding PC. The issue is not lack of driving skill IMHO.
That is rather odd, I'm on PS4 and have no issue with correcting oversteer or in it failing to respond to an attempt to correct it?

Would you be able to pop up a video to show what you are encountering?

Hmmmm, maybe it's a PS4 thing, although SMS says the physics are the same across all platforms and I'm on PC.
What I can say, coming from 9 years of GT, is that you cannot drive the same in PCARS as in GT.

Things you can get away with in GT will punish you in PCARS. The thing that got me the most when I 1st started playing PCARS was that in GT you can still brake hard while turning into a corner, but in PCARS this will induce really bad oversteer, that is recoverable but loses you lots of time.
After 600 hrs PCars on PS4 and now 400 on PC, I'd say physics are not different.
You are completely right about GT.
@tka_tha : as I wrote before, it is very important to have FFB right. If the setup is wrong the car can be beyond the point of recovery before you feel it.
But if the steering input results in nothing, there is probably something wrong with your wheel/firmware/setup. Don't know what you are using, but my Fanatec CSW (and before the T500RS) gave no problems...

Thank you guys for your help. Well, if you point me to one good setup, wheel and car, I will test again. T500RS PS4.

That is rather odd, I'm on PS4 and have no issue with correcting oversteer or in it failing to respond to an attempt to correct it?

Would you be able to pop up a video to show what you are encountering?

I'm afraid a video will be too laborious for me, so please kindly excuse me.

Thank you guys for your help. Well, if you point me to one good setup, wheel and car, I will test again. T500RS PS4.
Wish I could help you there, but I have not got my T500RS/PS4 settings any more.
My Fanatec V2 settings won't be of much use...;)

My guess is we're not allowed to complain about pcars in the complain thread! Censorship and deleting posts is why the game shipped with so many bugs. You're not going to evolve very quickly without complaints.

Delete my post., about pcars! This is what, the whinging and crying thread no? No wonder this pcars thread is so dead.
Im pretty sure anyone would like to know precisely why the game sucks. A generic "this game sucks lol" isnt exactly an entertaining read.

Exactly my feelings. It's like it's programmed to make it very difficult to correct.

You may need to make the wording better ? If you need decent setup like for MX5 Radbull, check my sig, my user name is GTP on the Pcars Database site.
So have you actually tried this setup?
Sorry to say bro,being honest,it ain't that good with a wheel. Perhaps you might want to try it.

Sorry to say bro,being honest,it ain't that good with a wheel. Perhaps you might want to try it.

I'm truly being honest here, nope, not yet
, @Mike_grpA did the testing on wheel and the changes/setup used on the tune on my sig is his. I trusted his abilities and feedback on the wheel, so if you say it's not good for you, maybe you are not good enough to handle that much power in a drift car ( lower the power ) or your wheel FFB setup needs tweaking ( the usual advice )

Maybe this is just your another effort to ridicule that I don't have Pcars, you are old enough to be better than this, Jim, you have been doing this since I gave input of car data ( Clio, Evo X, Yellowbird, etc ) back in Pcars release, it's getting old.

Do you even really tried the setup ? Do you have the Radbull DLC ? I thought I heard that you said something about Pcars is not for drifting but for grip simulation, that you don't like drifting ? Hard to imagine you are getting the Radbull. Can you describe by ain't that good with a wheel ? Maybe this time, you can actually give honest feedback to improve what Mike_grpA did on the car ?

Sorry, but I find very hard to believe that you are honest with what you said, you always have that sarcastic tone ( hidden with polite words ), you are not really sorry IMO and please don't call me bro, you are not sincere at all with your repetitive jabs at me ( we are not even friends )

I still have friends ( PSN and real life ) who tested the setups I made on the database site, some of them have decent ratings ( Radbull has been rated 10 ) and favorites. One of the reasons I made the setups, because they requested it ( they prefer my type of setups, similar to Jussi )

Last few months ago, I played it again on pad/DS4, still have some friends from work who have it on PS4 ( one has sold his copy ) but I could only play sporadically, thankfully this one do not crash the PS4 that often, tell me Jim, as you have pcars for a long time, how do you dial camber in Pcars ? Do you use inner, middle, outside temp readings like in real life ? It's not working well on Pcars even after patch 7.0 that supposedly fix camber. My friends prefer zero or low camber over most of my setup camber alignment. The Radbull V2 is exception, as the rear zero camber was a change made by @Mike_grpA , and he said it works better that way. I expected something like in LFS, where camber effects and setting it up works as it should like in real life ( I,M,O temp reading ), maybe in PCars 2.

Last edited:
Delete my post., about pcars! This is what, the whinging and crying thread no? No wonder this pcars thread is so dead.
How about you try a constructive discussion next time rather than just flame bait.

The first is acceptable, the second is not.

My guess is we're not allowed to complain about pcars in the complain thread! Censorship and deleting posts is why the game shipped with so many bugs. You're not going to evolve very quickly without complaints.
We're not SMS, as such our AUP and your desire to ignore it has nothing at all to do with PCars.

I had the same problem and switched the controller input mode from 3 to 2. On the default settings it's now a dream. That's on XBox but I guess it could be worth a try... presuming the three input modes exist for PS4 too?

I'd be interested in reading some in-depth feedback on that set up. What exactly are you struggling with when using that set up? and what changes would you make, and why? I'm genuinely interested, as the set up Ridox originally sent me to test was more a real life replica set up, and while it worked pretty well at low power levels (was good for practice and building confidence), I felt it was hard to hold a long slide, even at higher power levels, as the set up was too soft, and had too much roll. I tweaked and tested until I was happy with the balance, and advised him of the changes I made and why.

At the end of the day, that car is a complete animal, so as happy as I was with the set up both myself and Ridox had arrived at, I would welcome any changes that would further tame it.

Edit: I also didn't test it for too long, as I was contending with relentless bugs with that car, that I've never seen with other cars. I'm also far better at racing than drifting. So I make no claim of being a great drifter, or having perfected the set up.

I'm truly being honest here, nope, not yet, @Mike_grpA did the testing on wheel and the changes/setup used on the tune on my sig is his. I trusted his abilities and feedback on the wheel, so if you say it's not good for you, maybe you are not good enough to handle that much power in a drift car ( lower the power ) or your wheel FFB setup needs tweaking ( the usual advice )

Maybe this is just your another effort to ridicule that I don't have Pcars, you are old enough to be better than this, Jim, you have been doing this since I gave input of car data ( Clio, Evo X, Yellowbird, etc ) back in Pcars release, it's getting old.

Do you even really tried the setup ? Do you have the Radbull DLC ? I thought I heard that you said something about Pcars is not for drifting but for grip simulation, that you don't like drifting ? Hard to imagine you are getting the Radbull. Can you describe by ain't that good with a wheel ? Maybe this time, you can actually give honest feedback to improve what Mike_grpA did on the car ?

Sorry, but I find very hard to believe that you are honest with what you said, you always have that sarcastic tone ( hidden with polite words ), you are not really sorry IMO and please don't call me bro, you are not sincere at all with your repetitive jabs at me ( we are not even friends )

I still have friends ( PSN and real life ) who tested the setups I made on the database site, some of them have decent ratings ( Radbull has been rated 10 ) and favorites. One of the reasons I made the setups, because they requested it ( they prefer my type of setups, similar to Jussi )

Last few months ago, I played it again on pad/DS4, still have some friends from work who have it on PS4 ( one has sold his copy ) but I could only play sporadically, thankfully this one do not crash the PS4 that often, tell me Jim, as you have pcars for a long time, how do you dial camber in Pcars ? Do you use inner, middle, outside temp readings like in real life ? It's not working well on Pcars even after patch 7.0 that supposedly fix camber. My friends prefer zero or low camber over most of my setup camber alignment. The Radbull V2 is exception, as the rear zero camber was a change made by @Mike_grpA , and he said it works better that way. I expected something like in LFS, where camber effects and setting it up works as it should like in real life ( I,M,O temp reading ), maybe in PCars 2.
Really? Yes Ridox its my attempt to ridicule you. I own all the DLC. The car is a beast. Will you give the real life stuff a rest. This is not real life, nor is GT,Forza or 99% of any video games. I'm on my way to work. I will reply later after my second attempt with my changes. Perhaps it's your controller settings.

When coming from Gt to Pcars I learned one thing about ovesteer

simply no.jpg

I have so little experience IRL race cars (as in non) that hard to say how well they handle drifting, but in Pcars I almost have to correct the oversteer before it even occurs so it's nothing like in GT where you could recover even though I think in some cases the rear tires were the once going in front while drifting :D

Really? Yes Ridox its my attempt to ridicule you. I own all the DLC. The car is a beast. Will you give the real life stuff a rest. This is not real life, nor is GT,Forza or 99% of any video games. I'm on my way to work. I will reply later after my second attempt with my changes. Perhaps it's your controller settings.

What real life stuff to give a rest ? I would not make that GTP account and made setups if not for helping my friends who want something different ( adapting real life setups ) Some have been asking me on PSN/email/real life, after my input on Clio, 1M and FQ400 last year. There's no gain for me, I wasted time instead. I will keep doing real life adaptation when I got PS4 NEO later ( hopefully ) and the games ( GTS, AC, PCars etc ), it's my preference and the reason I play these games.

I wonder if AC can simulate the R32/34 GTR Skyline ATTESA/ETS system, so it's not going to be understeer AWD barge, these sort of details are important for me to enjoy the cars, it's different expectation for each player. Oh, and dialing camber in AC better be working well at least like in LFS :mad:

I'm using pad, not much to change, other than to make it easier to drive and behave similar to other console racer like Forza or GT. Pardon me, if my reply was too long and sounds more like rant :P

And, if you want to reply later, please also directed it to @Mike_grpA , he did the setup for the Radbull V2 on my sig. Maybe you can trade wheel FFB setup ? and steering ratio may need tweaks to suit your style of driving ( doing countersteer when drifting ), the idea is to make it intuitive when turning the wheel, so you are not see sawing it too much :D

I'd be interested in reading some in-depth feedback on that set up. What exactly are you struggling with when using that set up? and what changes would you make, and why? I'm genuinely interested, as the set up Ridox originally sent me to test was more a real life replica set up, and while it worked pretty well at low power levels (was good for practice and building confidence), I felt it was hard to hold a long slide, even at higher power levels, as the set up was too soft, and had too much roll. I tweaked and tested until I was happy with the balance, and advised him of the changes I made and why.

At the end of the day, that car is a complete animal, so as happy as I was with the set up both myself and Ridox had arrived at, I would welcome any changes that would further tame it.

Edit: I also didn't test it for too long, as I was contending with relentless bugs with that car, that I've never seen with other cars. I'm also far better at racing than drifting. So I make no claim of being a great drifter, or having perfected the set up.

Maybe Mike also can share what we discuss when testing the Radbull setup, regarding tire and camber etc.

I wonder if AC can simulate the R32/34 GTR Skyline ATTESA/ETS system, so it's not going to be understeer AWD barge, these sort of details are important for me to enjoy the cars, it's different expectation for each player.

So much this ^. I remember about 10 years back, I bought a book "The History of GTR" (or something like that). I was fascinated by the technical side of how the ATTESA ETS works. It's a brilliant 4WD system, and especially for it's time, when it was developed in the 80's. I'd love for a sim to accurately simulate this system, as it'd make driving those cars very interesting.

And, if you want to reply later, please also directed it to @Mike_grpA , he did the setup for the Radbull V2 on my sig. Maybe you can trade wheel FFB setup ? and steering ratio may need tweaks to suit your style of driving ( doing countersteer when drifting ), the idea is to make it intuitive when turning the wheel, so you are not see sawing it too much :D

Maybe Mike also can share what we discuss when testing the Radbull setup, regarding tire and camber etc.

I'd be happy to share our PM conversation if it's requested. One note on the wheel settings though: I use a Fanatec wheel, so I'm able to run fairly high FFB levels and still drift, by bumping up the "drift mode" on my wheel's onboard settings. This means I can run high wheel rotation and steering ratio, and use the high caster in combination with the FFB to get the wheel to self steer, but not have to fight against the FFB motor when I need to adjust the steering angle while drifting. I remember with my old Logitech wheel, drifting was difficult with high FFB because I had to force the wheel against the FFB motor at times, which slowed my steering inputs down. I know some people run really low FFB so as to avoid this issue, and also running low DoR and/or steering ratio would also help this. So this aspect of my setup wouldn't work with other wheels necessarily.

Just bought pcars and it suffer from pretty much the same problems from shift.
It's confusing at best, tuning your car from the main menù? that's...a waste of time? how do i choose the livery in a quick race? With a controller it's far too hard. I definitely need that T150 now.

I still can't be bothered to set up the FFB. Too many bewildering options, too much of an effort with all the back & forth testing them. Plus the clipping meter is buggy in my version.

VBR
I still can't be bothered to set up the FFB. Too many bewildering options, too much of an effort with all the back & forth testing them. Plus the clipping meter is buggy in my version.

Depending on what wheel you have there's some ready made setups..

I didn't bother with the FFB by myself but since I had T300 I copied settings that @Zakspeed_TV has shared

Works well enough for me, just had to lower the sensitivity and raise the strenght a but but all else I left as it was in the setup posted...

Just bought pcars and it suffer from pretty much the same problems from shift.
It's confusing at best, tuning your car from the main menù? that's...a waste of time? how do i choose the livery in a quick race? With a controller it's far too hard. I definitely need that T150 now.

To choose a livery, go to your garage from the vehicle selection (triangle iirc), then select the class-> manufacturer-> and then you can select the car and the livery for it. Yeah, the UI is horrible.

Back