The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

FFS so i can't even say anything in this thread now?
Please explain how i have gone too far when SMS have got people to pay into this the same as PCars 1 yet unlike that they get nothing back?
I felt sorry for you when Ian booted you from the forum, you didn't deserve it.
I don't hate anything, PCars 1 is my most played game....
What people do or don't get back is their own business and not for you to judge. If someone thinks it's worth $100 or whatever the price is just to sit on the sidelines and watch what happens, well that's their prerogative isn't it? Fine if it isn't for you, but calling people idiots for deciding how to spend their own time and money just makes you look small minded and blinded by your hatred of SMS, the Wookie and whoever else.

What people do or don't get back is their own business and not for you to judge. If someone thinks it's worth $100 or whatever the price is just to sit on the sidelines and watch what happens, well that's their prerogative isn't it? Fine if it isn't for you, but calling people idiots for deciding how to spend their own time and money just makes you look small minded and blinded by your hatred of SMS, the Wookie and whoever else.

But you missed the important bit where SMS called anyone not willing to pay £50 'idiots'.... £50 to "KEEP THE IDIOTS OUT"......they said...

But you missed the important bit where SMS called anyone not willing to pay £50 'idiots'.... £50 to "KEEP THE IDIOTS OUT"......they said...
What i find annoying is that generally with most community funding schemes you pay less because its a risk, the game may not exist in a few years, it could fail, hence you pay £30 or £20 for a £40 game. Not £50, sadly many people just dived onto it blindly, i really dont want this kind of funding to become the norm.

Your ability to twist words is truly impressive. :bowdown:

If SMS said "anyone not paying £50 to join pCARS2/WMD2 is an idiot," I would personally build a soapbox for you to stand on. SMS set the price point at £50 to try to ensure anyone signing up is committed to the constructive development of pCARS2.

Now if you want to have a go at SMS for using the word idiot, that's fine. They didn't need to use that word.

Need I remind you that this is GTP, not the SMS official forums. The standards of conduct and respect between fellow community members is a little higher here. You should keep that in mind when you start referring to people as idiots.

Need I remind you that this is GTP, not the SMS official forums. The standards of conduct and respect between fellow community members is a little higher here. You should keep that in mind when you start referring to people as idiots.

Ermm who by name did I call an idiot? You'll soon find, i didn't.... just go back and have a re read I won't be wanting an apology just for you to go back and check your facts.

Your ability to twist words is truly impressive. :bowdown:

If SMS said "anyone not paying £50 to join pCARS2/WMD2 is an idiot," I would personally build a soapbox for you to stand on. SMS set the price point at £50 to try to ensure anyone signing up is committed to the constructive development of pCARS2.

Now if you want to have a go at SMS for using the word idiot, that's fine. They didn't need to use that word.

Saying £50 will keep the idiots out is saying anyone who pays £50 to be a WMD can't possibly be called an idiot....come on...why else say it?! jesus..

Errr. He said its SMS (mods) that call somebody "idiot", not himself.

Its quite stirring a controversy. I just say I simply disagreed with said mods. I think simply buying the game can be considered contribution at its own.

Ermm who by name did I call an idiot? You'll soon find, i didn't.... just go back and have a re read I won't be wanting an apology just for you to go back and check your facts.
Errr. He said its SMS (mods) that call somebody "idiot", not himself. Its quite stirring a controversy. I just say I simply disagreed with said mods. I think simply buying the game can be considered contribution at its own.
Only just found out that not only did they raise the minimum payment to enter PCars 2 WMD..."To keep the idiots out", but they won't be paying the WMD guys a penny in return on investment...lol...looks like in fact they kept the idiots IN....
Ian Bell must just be uncontrollably laughing every night. He and SMS also now know that they can pretty much get away with anything now. But then I think they learnt they could do that with Shift 1 and 2..
Facts checked, hypothesis confirmed. Please don't try and spin it to say you meant something different than what it actually says, it'll only make you look silly.

Facts checked, hypothesis confirmed. Please don't try and spin it to say you meant something different than what it actually says, it'll only make you look silly.

Sorry where in there did i use NAMES of anyone on GTplanet??????????

That was my question....you failed.. try again...This time i'd quite like an apology.

That was my question....you failed.. try again...This time i'd quite like an apology.
You're only digging yourself deeper. You called everyone inside the project an idiot. You don't have to name them for your disparaging remarks to have effect. You are, in effect, calling me, and several others around here, idiots. If I call all Brits idiots but don't name you specifically, does that mean I'm off the hook?

Let it go for your own sake.

You're only digging yourself deeper. You called everyone inside the project an idiot. You don't have to name them for your disparaging remarks to have effect. You are, in effect, calling me, and several others around here, idiots. If I call all Brits idiots but don't name you specifically, does that mean I'm off the hook?

Let it go for your own sake.
Just put him on your ignore list, his constant drivel and attacks on other users are not worth the effort of reading and replying. Surprised he's not banned yet to be honest.

I think dopedog you get carried away on this topic. Obviously you're a big fan of the game. And you simply want things to go according to what was advertised. I have/had some of this feeling when dealing with GT6.
The Ultimate Promise Simulator.

The thing is, the folks who paid into WMD did so because they were hungry for a SIM that would be enjoyable for gamers in general. And of course for them selves. They joined of their own volition, using their money and their judgment.
It's what they wanted. And they really don't deserve to be tarred and feathered for that.
And I am sure many of them may have felt bad that certain items did not make it to final production.
Perhaps even worse than you. Because they vested a lot of time and emotion in addition to their money.

I'm sure they were not all happy, happy joy, joy upon hearing of tracks, cars and or features being removed or undone.
But having read their responses, I can say that none of these people are idiots. And having interacted with you dopedog, the same thing is true. You are not a mental midget.

However, your distain for Ian, and most things WMD/SMS is boundless. And as hard as it may be for you, you can't let it put you on to calling people names. I've never had to confront Ian, or any of the over zealous fans of Project Cars head on as I suspect you have. I was not a WMD insider. I am was just a Grand Turismo refugee.

I agree that you should be able to "bitch" to you hearts content in this thread. However, don't allow the bad things that SMS has done to make fellow posters, gamers (WHO LIKELY WANT THE SAME THINGS AS YOU DO FROM THE GAME) want avoid or ignore you. You have good ideas. And I suspect are generally a good person. Keep your distain for SMS Ian.
But don't let it control your dealing with other people. I say let it go and try getting on with these folks at GTP.
You may find you have more in common with them than you think. For sure you'll see they are not all idiots.
You're better than that dopedog.:gtpflag:

No.

What will happen is this will end before I start to reference the AUP (which doesn't require any names to be used for insults or attacks to be a problem).

Feel free to air you concerns, grievances and issues with PCars in this thread, but do not make those personal to either an individual or group of individuals.

I've edited your post as attempting to get the final dig in after a member of staff has stated a discussion ends is not a smart idea at all.

I will not be so considerate in future.

We have our own thread (admittedly offensively titled to people with genuine concerns and grievances) yet they still come in here to troll... you go into the normal threads and raise issues they tell you to come here, you come here and they troll you more.... no wonder developers take the mic.
No one is trolling and its perfectly acceptable for other members to discuss and even rebut complaints, this is not an echo chamber and the only person who 'owns' this thread is Jordan.

Started new career, the snap oversteer is stupid on the Clio Cup cars. Managed one clean lap on qualifying so far, make the slightest mistake and the Clio loses its ****. 3 degrees to the left and that God slaps the Clio 90 degrees to right.

Tried three different controller settings and a couple different tunes.

Absolutely impossible to recover from a loss of traction.

Also, what part of losing control and going into the sand and opposite of the turn is cutting the track?

Its not that it is impossible to recover, its just that Pcars's FFB doesnt warn you quick enough, its a hard thing to pin point.

i imagine its down to how they generate the ffb, rfactor 2 and Assetto corsa get it from the front suspension and refresh that limit very well as a result, i dont think pcars does that, there are pros and cons to the places you want to get your ffb from but for balance the suspension is the best place

Started new career, the snap oversteer is stupid on the Clio Cup cars. Managed one clean lap on qualifying so far, make the slightest mistake and the Clio loses its ****. 3 degrees to the left and that God slaps the Clio 90 degrees to right.

Also, what part of losing control and going into the sand and opposite of the turn is cutting the track?

The Clio Cup is renowned/notorious for this in real life, especially on cold tyres. Just last weekend I was watching them at the Brands Hatch BTCC meeting and sure enough, there were plenty going off backwards in the first couple of laps before the rears had warmed up. So, at the risk of asking a stupid question, are you doing a gentle-ish lap or two to warm the tyres properly before you go for a quick one?

Second question - are you trying the correct technique for recovering oversteer in a FWD car - ie mash the throttle and let it pull itself straight?

Personally I love the Clio, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea :)

controller? dude get a wheel. even if the clio is snappy like you describe PC is so good at telling/pass you what the car is doing. even if sometime it feels a bit to much, but every thing is tunable in ffb. so stop complaining :P

Stopped playing PC for some time, yesterday I started the game and drove for several laps two different cars. I felt the car handling was fake, especially recovering from oversteer (the lack of). Promptly closed the application and started Dirt Rally, then enjoyed some intense driving fun.

Latest Posts

Back