The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,699 views
Highly Modified Supra (..& 5inch exhaust)



Furai :sly:
 
How has this not been posted yet?


My all time favorite car.


How an LMP car should sound.

 



:drool:
 
Last edited:
Here's one I just stumbled upon. This road is less than 20 minutes from my house. Every year a hill climb event is held there and is always a fun time to be had. They only go halfway up the road. I think they were going to try and go all the way to the top this year, but I may miss it since I am moving to AZ.

Pretty sure you are riding on top of an Evolution VIII rally car.

Enjoy. :D

 
The best sounding car to me would have to be the Ferrari F335.
 
Bikes count too right?
 
^ Yes!

 






Can you tell I like my Ferrari engines?
 
One of the best noises ever made in my opinion.




and one more for good measure.

 
Opening post
E36 M3 Race Car
993 GT2 Evo
Jaguar V12
Bikes count too right?

All of these are amazing sounds to me. 👍 Another is the sound of the Ford GTs in this video:



The F50 doesn't seem to get the recognition that it deserves for its sound, which is one of my absolute favorites:



And I guess that if I love that, then it isn't surprising that I love the (dubbed :dopey:) sounds both in Rendezvous and in this (about 3:15-4:00 is representative; the rest is overkill):

 
Last edited:
Here are a couple of Porsche videos for the faithful:


911 GT3 at the SachsenRallye. Video transitions are childish and annoying, but the sound is glorious.


908/3 at Goodwood. Air-cooled flat-8 makes for a sound you won't hear anywhere else.
 

Some pretty good ones in this one. Turbos and NA...no big motors, but eh, it's good.
 


/thread. :drool:
 
that maserati quattroporte sport GT S on Top Gear last sunday had an incredible sound.
dunno if there's a video of it
 


Ayrton Senna driving the Honda V12 powered Mclaren to pole at Spa in 1991. The sound through blanchimont literally makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
 
Usually, F1 doesn't do much for me...but, damn, if that doesn't sound like it's ripping the air to shreds...
 
From when the dragsters still had the engines in the right place. First they warm up the engine with methanol and they give it the nitromethane. Listen to the difference in sound at 2:12, awesome.

 
-> Hmm, I like this thread! I also adore the noise a car makes, and my current car does that to me everyday. :D

-> Here are some of my favorites:

AP1 S2000 2.0L (not mine)


Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst


Subaru STi (w/ Anti-Lag)

^ You will never use fireworks ever again!

Exige w/ a Honda K20


Any Subaru w/ a good exhaust



Ariel Atom w/ a Honda K20 Supercharged


Mustang SVT Cobra '04


BMW M3 (E92), MBZ C63 AMG, Audi RS4 & Lotus F1


:drool:👍

:sly:
 
Last edited:


I've got the second part of this video set as the alarm on my phone, so I can wake up to the sound of a lambo.
:D

Of course this may change what with this thread and all
 
Might not be to everyone's tastes, but hey, I like 'em and that's what matters.

 
Here's one from today, posted on Autoblog. For those that wonder how hard it is to muscle a 3500lb+ Camaro around a road course, here ya go.

 
The best sounding sportscar ever.



Also,

 
I just love the sound of the BMW Z4 GT3... May sound a bit like a Corvette but the M3 V8 really pulls it out!



LINK

The last but not least, the last appearance of the Aston Martin V12 from Le Mans...



LINK



LINK

What happened to my videos? :confused: May any mods knows how to fix this? Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed :D
 
Last edited:
Here's one from today, posted on Autoblog. For those that wonder how hard it is to muscle a 3500lb+ Camaro around a road course, here ya go.

Why would you even bother campaigning that thing?!?!

Granted, the rest of the field was pretty dodgy too, and who knows how well that thing may have been set up...

The Mustang at the end made me lol though.
 
-> Here's another fave of mine:

Honda HSV-10 GT


^ Makes you reminise about the Honda F1.
 
Back