The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,704 views
502 Big Block

 
"The video you have requested is not available"

...no you haven't ;)

Crap. It doesn't work, I'll have to find something else.
 
I've posted this in the other "engine sounds" thread, but this is just ...



..mmmmm!

*edit*

Oh, and...

 
Last edited:


:drool: that engine sound.. that response to throttle..
 
Wow, that Z is insane. And that throttle response is just nuts.
 
I hate seeing this thread go dormant. I know that pretty much everyone already knows what the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR sounds like, but I just want to draw attention to one particular point in this video, 7:14, where it drives by the camera evidently just before shifting up. That sound it truly awesome, and that's a word that I don't use often.



The Datsun that Leonidae posted above has similar appeal to me (and there are plenty of other examples of the same thing). I'm not sure quite what the word is to describe it, but the two sounds definitely share something in common that brings me some sort of visceral pleasure.
 


Can't really find any good videos of this car in action
 
Ferrari F1 V12



Mclaren MP4/6 Honda F1 V12... Gets really good near the end.



Honda F1 V10



McLaren F1 GTR



Pagani Zonda F

 
The sound of the Porsche 914/6 GT bears a resemblance to that of the BMW M1 that everyone (myself included) loves:



It's a shame that no modern cars sound like this, but there are certainly plenty that sound nice in different ways to offset what we now miss.
 


Can't really find any good videos of this car in action


I've got a 55 minute long Option video that dates back to the early 00's that has good in car footage of this thing, along with many others, around various tracks in Japan... I'll see if I can't extract a few clips out of it with movie maker or something like that.
 
Mondeo goes hard!!!
 
And my input in this thread with the legendary Mazda 787B.


That gear change is menacing!
 
I've got a 55 minute long Option video that dates back to the early 00's that has good in car footage of this thing, along with many others, around various tracks in Japan... I'll see if I can't extract a few clips out of it with movie maker or something like that.

If you could that'd be awesome, thanks man

 
 
check your links, gentlemen. i've run into several dead vids.
 
Datsun Z :bowdown:
Manthay RSR :bowdown:
McLaren GTR :bowdown: :bowdown: (and :lol: at Steve's face)

One from me... predictably, a 911... but I can't help it, I just love the way 911's sound :D

 
I'm surprised nobody has posted Rendezvous.

 
7 minutes of heaven.
[youtubehd]96p5wtccU9M[/youtubehd]
 
My contributions to this lovely thread.







 
Petit Le Mans 2010.
[youtubehd]3U2v_b05wOw[/youtubehd]
Spa Qualifying.
[youtubehd]SBmZ0VX7cQE[/youtubehd]
 
Last edited:
BMW M1 Procar, a personal favorite of mine.
[YOUTUBEHD]GbkkxwzK9HE[/youtubehd]


Lola T70, Lola T212 and Ferrari 512S around Le Sarthe.
 
Last edited:
Back