The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,704 views



(Does anybody know why they did this?)





 
I have to post this being a southern boy (Live in East Texas). Used to go watch these all the time until they suddenly disappeared. Luckily they will be coming back this Summer. 👍





and of course being from the South I have to add this (love the noise of monster trucks and those engines (hint: watch what he does at 1:49)
 
Last edited:


:drool:
 
Here's two more. make sure you watch the second one all the way to the end 👍



 

(Does anybody know why they did this?)


Formula 1 weekends typically have several support races happening, and this was probably one of those (Mercedes sponsorship placement?). The F1 cars only take maybe 2 hours a on the Friday and Saturday before raceday, and from sunrise to late afternoon there's track action of all sorts. One Formula 1 weekend I was at had a city bus hotlapping for a while...
 
For the LF-A fans among us:



I don't care what people say about it. To me it is such an amazing piece of automotive engineering. They should bring it back to the Top Gear track and see what it can do on a dry track.

Also, I always get shivers down my spine when I hear those 911 GT3 RSR's:


Message to Kazunori Yamauchi: This kind of thing is exactly what the Gran Turismo series needs. Amazing car, amazing driver, and an amazing track.
 
I'm surprised no one have mentioned Jaguar XJ13 yet.

Skip to 1:05.

 
[youtubehd]jnVKQbmWMRw[/youtubehd]
13 minutes of classic sports car sounds.
 
 


The S7R at 00:20 is amazing. :bowdown:
 
Last edited:
I cannot decide amongst these for 2nd place:D









However, this simply cannot be beaten (action starts at 2:20 for the first vid)



:drool::drool::drool:
 
Listen to this beast as it goes through the gears. 500hp All Motor :bowdown:







:drool:







 
In memorium: the millions of goosebumps that lived and died on my arms and neck while viewing this thread.

There's very little diesel love though. I admit not many of them sound great, but any addition of forced-induction certainly helps. Listen to the turbo yawning in this tuned Jetta:



And now for something completely different. Here is a Commer Knocker, it's a 6 piston, 3 cylinder, 2 stroke diesel. (Google Opposed-Piston engine to learn more).



Satans fuel? Naaaah. Everybody already posted all the nice sounding gas engines, otherwise I'd fill this thread with Audi 5 cylinders and Porsche flat 6's. I'm not normally a V8 fan, though this does remind me of one video I should share, a BMW E28 with an M60 in it...



:drool:
 
[youtubehd]jnVKQbmWMRw[/youtubehd]
13 minutes of classic sports car sounds.

Yes! Thanks for that one. I love classic racecars!👍
 











Gimme Coke! Gimme pies! Gimme double side of fries! BOOM!


Best comment I've seen? "his driving style is about as economical as a rocket powered hummer"
 
Last edited:
Two words: BRM V12

 
Back