The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,708 views
Start at 2:30, sounds like a 90s Ferrari F1 V12 .
 
I honestly don't much like the sound of the new generation of Ferrari V12. They sound a bit artificial to me. The 599 was just raw and brutal.

 
Completely agree, although I think 599 GTB sounds better than the GTO. I also the think the LaFerrari sounds a bit naff and the Enzo has an awesome raw sound bark to it.
 
As cool as that video is, the sound quality really didn't do those cars justice.
 
Nothing else interests me :/
If it's not 8 cylinder equipped, I lose interest very fast. Everything else sounds silly.

Then by this rationale, I should be seeing more examples of Non-American V8s in any of your posts:






And technically, this counts:



As for my contributions, Well I find this to be the most raw V12 at the moment:



Also, dat flame.
 


Starts with a great V8 sound :)
 
Had to post this.



8,200rpm from a Ford 5.0 Coyote on ITBs. Drool.

Oh and also, it made 620hp n/a
 
I feel like I might have bought the wrong Volvo now.

 
Saw that on Facebook.
 
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the sound of the Traction control in Formula One?



For reasons I still can't really fathom, I sorta liked hearing it, mostly when the cars were under braking.

Likewise, I also enjoyed the brief period when Blown diffusers were in full force:



There's something savage about those sounds.
 
I feel like I might have bought the wrong Volvo now.

I came here to post that. :grumpy:

(This is what I get for working 2nd shift.)

Still, I think @Slash needs to have a listen.
 
I feel like I might have bought the wrong Volvo now.



Sounds good, but you can definitely tell it's a small V8. And it sounds like an OHC motor.


Pushrods still sound better :p

But overall it wasn't too bad sounding. Makes the car much cooler.
 
It's not really a small V8, Volvo uses a 4.4L Yamaha sourced V8 that's pretty close to the engine found in the Taurus SHO. It's also DOHC.
 
4.4L is tiny for me :lol: I'm used to nothing smaller than 4.7L haha.

Anything smaller than a 5.0L around here is a rarity.
 
 




I still think that the person who thought that racing a Charger at Le Mans probably thought of it when he was still locked up in a padded cell.
 


Formula 5000 needs to be a thing again.
 


This is how I spent my day in Coventry.
 
Very nice, but I didn't care for the squealing brakes though.
 
Very nice, but I didn't care for the squealing brakes though.

I quite like it. :indiff:

But then you'd struggle to find a GT40 video where the brakes don't squeal when worked hard. They seem to do that a lot. :lol:

EDIT: Also:



And yes, this one doesn't have brake squeal, proving me wrong. :lol:
 
Last edited:
 
Back