The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,704 views
Sorry if these are reposts, but... You can't go wrong with a Judd V8:




Also:
 
Last edited:
Switch to HD and turn the volume up.



I could listen to that for 24 hours... Also I laughed when the two Audis went round the outside at Karussell, I bet everyone in the mini traffic jam was like "Why didn't I think of that?"
 
8 minutes and a half of Peugeot 306 goodness. The driving's not bad, either. ;)

 
'76 Greenwood Corvette currently for sale here in DFW at $226,000. Turn the volume down if you have it up, as this thing gets really loud. Bad ass car.
 
How about some old school love?



I believe the 1st includes an on-board lap of the C11. :drool:
 
My favourite car is one of Japans Icon (top 5 for sure). The best R34 ever made (the car has stereo and all seats:)) Just love the sound of the Ultimate straight 6, the Mines R34 GTR:D




Willow springs record




Didnt got 1st place because the "slow" tuned R35s were holding him up :lol:


57 sec around tsukuba (Tarzan on the wheel)
 
Last edited:
How about some old school love?


I believe the 1st includes an on-board lap of the C11. :drool:


It's pretty decent sound wise too, you really get the deep roar of the C11's which is just so glorious. Although I think you'd need speakers that go up to 1000 to be true to life. Excellent find! 👍
 
Last edited:

I know someone who did something very similar.

 
 


I'm a car enthusiast and enjoy cars of various genres but this one of my favorite.
 
Thought I'd throw mine in again now it's had the new Stainless Single Box Milltek system fitted:



Unfortunately I think I had the camera a bit too low down and close the the exhaust as the deep burble it produces partially drowns out the revving, but if I moved it any further back it would be in the middle of the pavement, lol.
I may try and record a better one at a later date.
 
In my opinion, the best sounding road car, and the best sounding V12 :drool:



The race car version has a very similar sound too:
 
Ignore the D-bag nature of the video, just hear that awesome v10
 
Last edited:
How was this one missed?
 


I just can't find a proper video that let you hear the sound good. A 16 liter V8 Turbo diesel with an open exhaust sounds so awesome.
 
Last edited:
Formula Atlantic 4AG..





F1 engine sound differences through the years (read top comment)

3:14 :drool:






Awesomeness.








I'll finish it off with this...

 
Last edited:


You only need the part between the = and &

 
Last edited:
 
[YouTube]B0dyZmaDa08[/YouTube]
[YouTube]fP9O6YKyRNk[/YouTube]
[YouTube]-bossz2Jl9E[/YouTube]
[YouTube]KlbT3a-GhXQ[/YouTube]
 

Posted it in the import threads a while ago but the video deserves to be here
 


I love all kinds of sounds, from a V6 to a ferrari V8 to V10 and formula One engines, but there is just something more that only a slow burbling lazy american BIG BLOCK V8 has.
 
Cross posting this from the imports thread, because it gives me chills every time:



But really, seriously, I have never heard a better noise than this:



No rotary, no v12, no v16, no v8 can top that baritone magnificent straight 6 to my ears.

I love how deliciously bassy the noise becomes when the engine is under full load and you hear nothing but induction roar of the 6 velocity stacks, but on downshifts and low-load, high rpm throttle, you hear the screaming exhaust note. It's just perfect. Absolutely perfect.
 
Last edited:



Never gets old







 
Last edited:
Back