The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 01 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 128 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awesome, especially since you did all the decals one by one. :bowdown: and I didn't know the S2K race mods were actually inspired by a real Spoon race car!

Thanks! TBH I didn't know much about it until yesterday morning. My initial plan was to do the more iconic Spoon Sports S2000 livery and it was only when Googling Gran Turismo S2000 that this came up and I decided it was worth a go.

I'd say that a good 80-90% of the RM cars from GT1/2 were inspired by real cars in some way or another. In most cases the sponsors were changed likely due to lack of contracts and additional colours added to provide more choice. But they are in fact a great representation of a good few iconic JDM race cars from the 80's and 90's.

Is that livery shared? I‘d love to have it :bowdown: (also for the Gr.3 NSX)

I see a problem with it not being shared as somebody could just take that video of a shared livery and claim it‘s his? :confused:

Amazing stuff begint created here, also love the personal connection you guys have with the liveries!. Hope to finish mine tonight.
In our family we have a phrase, rufly translated is ; if it can't be done like it should, you should do it like it can.

Hope that makes sence :lol::lol:i. That came to mind with some of the entries like the Subaru and Mitsubishi.:sly:

I'm going to guess that my Hidden Stripe MX-5's from GT6 won't work for this.
Go ahead, no problem. :)

I see a problem with it not being shared as somebody could just take that video of a shared livery and claim it‘s his? :confused:
Yeah, true. But that can also happen in the PMC, and in that contest you have to provide evidence it’s unedited by saving it in-game if asked to, which works almost the same way here. You have to prove it’s yours if asked to. I don’t expect people to not share it anyway, I might aswell remove that from the OP. Only reason I included it was so that entries wouldn’t be changed because of not getting enough likes in-game etc. If you know what I mean. :)

There. Changed.

Well as it happens, after saying I wouldn't have time to come up with anything, my wife went out for the day leaving me with time to play, so I came up with this, I know it's been done before, but I wanted to have a stab at something a bit different (for me) and try a car I don't normally use.

Based on the Racing Modification Honda S2000 from GT2 (which is in fact based on the real life Spoon Sports S2000 that finished 2nd in the 1999 Tsukuba 9 Hours), I chose to do a full replica of the real livery using the Gr.4 NSX as I felt that it was the closest car in GTS to the Gr.N S2000 that the original is based on.

Despite looking simple, quite a lot of research and decal making went into this one and all the decals from the real car are present. Almost every decal is custom or edited in some way. and I must have spent a good 9 Hours on the computer before I even fired up the PS4! I've had to use a bit of artist licence in places due to the obvious differences in the cars, but decal placement respects the original quite closely.

Couple of little details worth noting like the yellow Honda badge as seen on the real car and the matt black roof to replicate the closed soft top on the GT2 model. I don't expect to win, but it was a fun livery to make and has also inspired me to make a few more Spoon liveries in the future!

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 722984

Additional Photos:

View attachment 722985 View attachment 722986 View attachment 722987 View attachment 722988 View attachment 722989 View attachment 722990

Reference:

View attachment 722995 View attachment 722994 View attachment 722993 View attachment 722992 View attachment 722991 View attachment 722996

That is absolutely genius, using the roof space to mimic a soft top.

Is that livery shared? I‘d love to have it :bowdown: (also for the Gr.3 NSX)

Damn, I knew I'd forgotten something. Will share the livery when I'm next on my PS4 and will link on here.

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

TAKATA DOME NSX '03, from GT4 Prologue

Now that I'm better with the livery editor and that I can use my own SVG, it's time to present the final version of my Takata NSX. The belt on the roof is still done only with shapes, I used SVG only to do the accurate sponsors.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

TAKATA DOME NSX '03, from GT4 Prologue

Now that I'm better with the livery editor and that I can use my own SVG, it's time to present the final version of my Takata NSX. The belt on the roof is still done only with shapes, I used SVG only to do the accurate sponsors.

Love it! Remember to resize your photos though :)

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

So, she is done....

The why and how;

For my entry I did some google searching, because I didn't own a single Gran Turismo game before GT Sport With the friendly help of you guys to point me in the right direction.

Since the time was a bit tight with all the other stuff going on I wanted to do a not so technical difficult one, and I found her...

This car can be called one of the Allstars of the game, being part of Gran Turismo 3, 4, 5 and 6, even on the PSP version.
The most time I spent on this livery was due to searching refferance pictures of the car. With a big thank you to @syntex123 who fired up an old Playstation to take some ingame foto's for me.

The cup logo wasn't ingame, so I did that myself with the basic knowledge of Inkscape. There are two unknown factors in this livery, first that purple logo on the hood of the car, T-Mobile and a bunch of pixels where opted, I went for a bunch of pixel with the T-mobile ish color :yuck:. The second one is the text underneath the Recaro logo, with help from again @syntex123 that was covered for about 90% certainty.

The thing what I am wondering about whilst doing this livery is the question if you guys were thinking (in previous games) Oh god, not again this car !!! Or did it "grow" on you and became a welcome variety?

So, with no further hesitation ;

And offcourse a picture from the good old days ;

I hope to have learned how to capture a rotation on the ps4 and the gif thingy before the competition ends.
If you guys like to have it , its shared here ; https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gts...lery/all/livery/3918491/1/5837229250829124609

Last edited:
@Koutch_Pro I love it, it turned out great! Good job mate. And I do love that you embraced the pixelated hood decal - it’s fresh and doesn’t look out of place. It looks very legit, as if the one you made was actually on the car in the first place! :)👍

FINAL ENTRY

So, she is done....

The why and how;

For my entry I did some google searching, because I didn't own a single Gran Turismo game before GT Sport With the friendly help of you guys to point me in the right direction.

Since the time was a bit tight with all the other stuff going on I wanted to do a not so technical difficult one, and I found her...

This car can be called one of the Allstars of the game, being part of Gran Turismo 3, 4, 5 and 6, even on the PSP version.
The most time I spent on this livery was due to searching refferance pictures of the car. With a big thank you to @syntex123 who fired up an old Playstation to take some ingame foto's for me.

The cup logo wasn't ingame, so I did that myself with the basic knowledge of Inkscape. There are two unknown factors in this livery, first that purple logo on the hood of the car, T-Mobile and a bunch of pixels where opted, I went for a bunch of pixel with the T-mobile ish color :yuck:. The second one is the text underneath the Recaro logo, with help from again @syntex123 that was covered for about 90% certainty.

The thing what I am wondering about whilst doing this livery is the question if you guys were thinking (in previous games) Oh god, not again this car !!! Or did it "grow" on you and became a welcome variety?

So, with no further hesitation ;

And offcourse a picture from the good old days ;

I hope to have learned how to capture a rotation on the ps4 and the gif thingy before the competition ends.
If you guys like to have it , its shared here ; https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gts...lery/all/livery/3918491/1/5837229250829124609
This is the exact same livery I was intending to do for the Gr.3 Beetle, as it's a huge throwback to my GT4 days and the Beetle Cup. It looks fantastic indeed, great job! 👍 this is going on my Beetle right now!

As for the rotation, go to your archive, preview the livery, then double-hit the Share button to record a clip. Double-hit again to end the recording. Go to your gallery and copy the clip to a USB drive ;)

My entry is going here, Here's a gif for the time being since I haven't used that site before and I don't want to lose it. Photo will come later.
giphy.gif
Nice one! :)
Remember to mark it with the red Final Entry :)

So I did a replica of the Gran Turismo 1 Race Modifications for the Dodge Viper RT/10, which were based off of the 1994 LeMans Rent-A-Car Vipers back in November. I have a yellow and an orange variant, but since I'm sure the everyone is a little more familiar with the orange one, I'll post that one.

giphy.gif

If this doesn't fly because it's more of a real life replica than a Gran Turismo replica, I do have another potential car to use as well, so please let me know either way.

Last edited:
So I did a replica of the Gran Turismo 1 Race Modifications for the Dodge Viper RT/10, which were based off of the 1994 LeMans Rent-A-Car Vipers back in November. I have a yellow and an orange variant, but since I'm sure the everyone is a little more familiar with the orange one, I'll post that one.

Final Entry
giphy.gif

If this doesn't fly because it's more of a real life replica than a Gran Turismo replica, I do have another potential car to use as well, so please let me know either way.
If it’s this one you speak of I can’t see much of the original GT design, but like you say more like the real life counterpart.
9D4C72E4-6E10-4B09-A147-BB3014144655.jpeg

I’d like it if it was a little bit more like the in-game one if you don’t mind :)

Attachments

• Motul Civic v1.jpg
    Motul Civic v1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Motul Civic v2.jpg
    Motul Civic v2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 223514-aficionado.jpg
    223514-aficionado.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Did what you asked and ponied up one of my other cars that were directly inspired by the GT1 Racing Modifications.

Final Entry
giphy.gif

Couldn't really find a picture of the car with the exact color in Google's image search so I decided to take it from the source I used as a reference. 4:03 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back