The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 01 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 128 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a limit to how many additional photos we can post?
Nope, just be sure to wrap them in a spoiler if you plan on posting more than just a few. Looks a little cleaner. :)

FINAL ENTRY

4684407792784670724_0.jpg
4828518583352984580_0.jpg
4684407801847481356_0.jpg
4683844840753988620_0.jpg

The R33 Drag car which was based on this real livery.

First time participating in a GTP competition.
I was pleased with how this turned out, so I figured 'why not?'

Anyway... I decided to change-up an old, classic 90's WRC livery. Originally posted in the Classic thread, I've since made a few more modifications.

FINAL ENTRY
39161752380_cbb356740f_o.gif

40928711372_6929ab9581_b.jpg

27099696378_08465668c2_c.jpg

First time participating in a GTP competition.
I was pleased with how this turned out, so I figured 'why not?'

Anyway... I decided to change-up an old, classic 90's WRC livery. Originally posted in the Classic thread, I've since made a few more modifications.

FINAL ENTRY
39161752380_cbb356740f_o.gif

40928711372_6929ab9581_b.jpg

27099696378_08465668c2_c.jpg

Spot on.

I wish I could enter myself. :lol: I know exactly which one I’d enter.. since this is the first one and I have no chance in winning, I’ll let you decide whether or not I can participate.

Please? :D hahaha

I don't think there's that much in it quality wise... certainly with 18 entries I can see a tie-break poll being needed.
I wish I could enter myself. :lol: I know exactly which one I’d enter.. since this is the first one and I have no chance in winning, I’ll let you decide whether or not I can participate.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Dilemmas! :lol: Some could argue that the person who picks the category for the next competition shouldn't be able to compete in that competition in case they picked it based on their speciality and skill set. And if they do win in their own competition? It's another chance for them to do exactly the same. I guess there's no harm for the first competition since you had to choose a category to get the ball rolling but for future competition host entries? I sense the social uproar :lol:

Dilemmas! :lol: Some could argue that the person who picks the category for the next competition shouldn't be able to compete in that competition in case they picked it based on their speciality and skill set. And if they do win in their own competition? It's another chance for them to do exactly the same. I guess there's no harm for the first competition since you had to choose a category to get the ball rolling but for future competition host entries? I sense the social uproar :lol:

Eh they can't, read the rules :lol:

Well, I guess there’s no harm in showing what I got then :) expect mine to be up within a few hours. You guys are right. This is the start so why not. It’s not technically a ‘winners entry in their own theme’ entry anyway. But I won’t be in the next one.

- before you ask why I choose the next theme as well, it’s simple. Each competition start every other wednesday. Voting ends on the following sunday, with the winner announced on monday. That would mean the next competition would have almost a week break. We don’t got no time for that! ;)

Well, I guess there’s no harm in showing what I got then :) expect mine to be up within a few hours. You guys are right. This is the start so why not. It’s not technically a ‘winners entry in their own theme’ entry anyway. But I won’t be in the next one.

- before you ask why I choose the next theme as well, it’s simple. Each competition start every other wednesday. Voting ends on the following sunday, with the winner announced on monday. That would mean the next competition would have almost a week break. We don’t got no time for that! ;)

Winners in this type of thing are subjective, the 18+ entries so far have already 'won'

Winners in this type of thing are subjective, the 18+ entries so far have already 'won'
Not sure I understand what you mean.
The winner(there can only be one) from this theme will choose the third theme.

Not sure I understand what you mean.
The winner(there can only be one) from this theme will choose the third theme.
I think he meant that each entry is good enough to win, so even the "losers" have won respect.

BTW, I don't know how it is in the PMC, can we vote for ourselves ? I'd rather not...

I think he meant that each entry is good enough to win, so even the "losers" have won respect.

BTW, I don't know how it is in the PMC, can we vote for ourselves ? I'd rather not...
I get what you're saying, Cytoria explained my point above
Aaah, yeah. A lot of good livery makers here :D

Yeah no Cytoria, you cannot vote for your own work, and also worth noting you can't get people to vote on your work either, details about voting will be the same as the PMC, will copy-paste the "vote/poll PMC OP" and edit where needed when that time comes! :)

yup, that is not allowed in PMC, there were 4 DQs within first two weeks due to participant voted for himself. Only one claimed it was because a misreading of the entry label, but didn't helped him ^^

Time to reveil my entry. A perfect replica. Or, not 100% but 98%. It is one of my earlier works so it's off by just a few cm. But I think it looks pretty good. :)

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

The Red Bull Racing Kart from GT6! ;) or did we get it in GT5 too? Either way. It had to happen. I couldn't let this competition be left to ONLY cars, now could I? :)

If anyone wants it I made it in several colors. Get it (or the other color variants) here. :)

- I have to redo the yellow one though. :lol:

Last edited:
You've replicated the Gr.A R32 which I don't believe featured in any GT title, but you've done a great job all the same.
The Group A car looks different, too. This is a mash up of both I the R32 and R33 livery ;)

What if HKS built multiple Drag GTRs or changed the livery throughout the years? ;)
Sure. I just thought maybe this is the one @Stephen220378 recreated. If it isn’t and is purely based on the real version, then there’s more to worry about than a different livery for a different year model.

^ It mostly looks like the one from GT2 but the numbering and the lack of the windshield banner is pointing otherwise. Still a good livery though.
The funny thing is if this contest was a week or two later, you could probably do that livery on an actual R33 :lol: (according to the update speculation anyway)

^ It mostly looks like the one from GT2 but the numbering and the lack of the windshield banner is pointing otherwise. Still a good livery though.
The funny thing is if this contest was a week or two later, you could probably do that livery on an actual R33 :lol: (according to the update speculation anyway)
We're getting an R33?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back