Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Offroad cars. Dirt. Crests. We need more rally action! Livery and image by @CroxSkin - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
We've seen a lot of good asphalt racers so far. LMPs, old GT classics, track day cars.. Let's take it to the dirt! We'll let @CroxSkin explain:

Now that we’ve covered most things in tarmac racing, let’s make some rally cars for this round. If you were to enter any off-road or rally events in the world, what would your team race car look like? You most certainly can enter with a Gr.B car, but you may also enter with other grades car as long as it allows you to equip it with dirt wheels.

CARS: Any Gr.B cars or cars with the "dirt wheels" option
LIVERIES: Yes
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: One bonus image of your car on dirt/gravel/snow/sand

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.

• No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

August 1, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
Crap. A bit stressed at the moment so must've written it wrong. Poll is coming too.. In a few moments.. :)

This one looks interesting! Just need to find some inspiration for it :)

FINAL ENTRY
What’s the only thing dirtier than a rally car? An excavator! And who makes excavators? Cat! But a manly brand like that wouldn’t just slap their logo on a hatchback would they? Of course not! And so the CAT GR.B Mustang came to be. This livery just kinda developed and evolved by itself. The chrome is something I use in a lot of my liveries, and I don’t think I’ve had a better fit for it than right here on the Mustang’s trademark stripes. The yellow and black slashes and logo placement took some time and a lot of tweaking, but I’m happy that I’ve produced something that really ties into its self.

After missing entries for the last Comp, I wasn’t taking my chances again :lol:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/user/livery/2320572/1/8358707305817079825

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Based on Will Gollop's Metro 6r4 rallycross car. The metro was a hunk of junk but somehow it made the perfect rallycross car, and it was a monster for years. He won the European Rallycross championship in 1992, when it was producing 750bhp from its 2.3l engine.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2862657/1/6917529028321640977

FINAL ENTRY

My sister absolutely loved Petter Solberg (and she knew and "worked with" Henning) when she was younger, I gave her a diecast car of one of his cars back in 2005.

I decided to pay tribute to my own country by making a car of his, but with a twist. Instead of using the 2005/06 Monte Carlo sticker I used a 2018 one because it's on a newer car. I haven't driven the N class WRX much but I absolutely loved it when I drove a lap to take the bonus image.

I made it in a hurry so I could be the first, in case anyone else planned on making this "iconic" livery. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY (Updated)

What can I say, I am a nostalgifag deep down below, and when this LEC started, a flash came to mind. Years ago, many, many years ago, there was 10-year-old me playing Rally Championship, the PC version. Back then, the car I was most fond of was one of the nichest ones, the Hyundai Coupe Evo II, far less famous than the Evo IV or the Ibiza Cupra. Fast forward to today: in GT, we have a Hyundai rally car, the Genesis...it was an obvious choice. So, here it is: inspired by the Coupe Evo II, the Hyundai Genesis Evo II Rally Car. Somehow, this was one of the liveries I had the most fun making :)

I may edit it in the future with a custom number plate, for now I'll stick with the GT one, which goes well with the b/w Hyundai logo on the side. Base color is R1 Matte, the rest is either custom made (Hyundai logos, driver names, outlined Genesis logo on the spoiler, For You logo...), made with shapes, or borrowed. Plates are made with gtsportplates.com and then edited with Inkscape.

EDIT: livery updated with the addition of a number plate. Plus, it's also shared HERE.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
IMG_5750.JPG
IMG_5751.JPG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG
Just a fantasy Corona logo, the prescribed photo method kind of hides the gold paint base that makes the logos pop hope you like.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1833174/1/4900505810140955649

Last edited:
View attachment 752901 View attachment 752902 View attachment 752903 View attachment 752904 Just a fantasy Corona logo, the prescribed photo method kind of hides the gold paint base that makes the logos pop hope you like, tags are "beer" "corona" and "mexico" if you want to search for the livery

View attachment 752905 View attachment 752906 This is a replica of a V8 Supercar livery so not sure if it counts

You can't enter two liveries. Pick one.

Attachments

• GTPlanet competition 1.jpg
    GTPlanet competition 1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 209
  • GTPlanet competition 2.jpg
    GTPlanet competition 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Overwhelming and magnificent work until now. Hesitating to come up with something competitive...:confused:

FINAL ENTRY
Ever since I started playing GT, I always loved the rally side of the games. Something about sliding your car across the dirt/snow/tarmac, yet felling in full control really felt awesome to me. My personal favourites were the Mitsubishis, and this livery is a representation of that. As soon as the Evo IV came into GTS, I made this livery straight away. Tommi Mäkinen's car for the 1997 Monte-Carlo Rally, which has appeared in every GT bar GT3/GTS
View media item 42482View media item 42483

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I just had to try it. The first RWB Rally conversion. It makes zero sense and it drives like a demon on the dirt but it's the most fun i've had in a while. Decked out in TOA/Otaku Lifestyle P9 Matte Fluorescent colorway with Bandai and Bridgestone co-sponsoring over the signature Teens on Acid hypno swirl. Nothing traditional or conventional about this one. Just a ton of fun.

View media item 42492View media item 42493

Livery available here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back