The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 12 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 123 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always make fantasy stuff, or homage/inspired type of work, I can't for the life of me make ultra accurate replicas. First finding pictures, small and outdated photos. Then when I've finally found out what type of logo it is on said photo, I'll have to most likely make the sticker by hand, stickers that would be like 15cm big in real life, and when I am finished, and release the work, it'll probably be passed by a dozen terrible replicas. Don't get me wrong, I do this stuff because I enjoy it. But good work deserves recognition!
Not talking about my work. But about peoples work that had had actual thought, craftmanship and research put into it.

Anyway I'm getting offtopic, but replicas are a tough subject in these contests as not everybody may have that eye for detail, contestant or jury. So the hard work gets overtaken by something put together with the discovery sticker inventory if you know what I mean.

The really annoying thing is that yes, you just get lost in the order of Discovery. If you are online at an obscure time, you wont get likes. If you are on at a peak time and post a livery/decal, you will get likes! Which is really annoying! I've been really lacking with my original stuff recently because I'm just so tired and go into thinking what will I do as I go along. But a guarantee that it would get more likes in a competition like this than if I copied a real car!

The equally really annoying thing is that in game, someone has 3000 followers because they got in there early with, as mentioned before, a livery that seems good at a glance. Now they churn out garbage and get 500 likes easy for something a child could best! I don't care that someone likes my work, it's not a matter of the like feature. It's the fact that the design is getting undeserved exposure when some people are creating fantastic stuff without even a repost!

Last edited:
I agree with all you guys. I wish I could go on and rant a little too, but I think it’s time to get back on topic and bring on more entries. ;)
Agreed. We have only five day left until deadline. I am looking forward to a couple of additional new entries in this fantastic competition.

FINAL ENTRY

Background: I'm a Subaru Ambassador in my region. What does this mean? Well Subaru sends me swag all the time and I have so many shirts.
This suit/livery is based off of one of the shirts they just released, which is a sleek "retro" feel. Very Cali-Beach-like.
Created on the Isle of Man TT WRX STI, since I like that it's right between stock and racecar.

I am engaged to a Russian woman who's name means "Fox" hence the details on the helmet like the Russian flag and this Fox Racing logo someone added tonight.

-Chris

FINAL ENTRY

Porsche 911 GT3 RS(991)'16

This week a livery based on the famous Dutch football club ,Feyenoord ,from Rotterdam.
The driver's number is 12 because when the home stadion "The Kuip" is filled with the fans, the "Legion" is feared as the twelfth player. :mischievous:

FINAL ENTRY

Porsche 911 GT3 RS(991)'16

This week a livery based on the famous Dutch football club Feyenoord , based in Rotterdam.
The driver's number is 12 because when the home stadion "The Kuip" is filled with the fans, the "Legion" is feared as the twelfth player. :mischievous:

Simple idea, effective execution and great design! Well done!

FINAL ENTRY

SEEEGAAAAA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126094723@N05/
I don't know exactly why I was feeling so nostalgic yesterday and today but this is the result of it, I was always a Sega kid when I was very young, I wish Sega were still making consoles but alas its not to be, I was tempted to make the lower half of the car look like Green Hill Zone but I thought that would be too much of a shift towards Sonic instead of Sega the brand so I placed a Sonic and his respective logos where I thought appropriate being as he is their mascot, I also wanted to pick a period appropriate car and what could be better than a Japanese car that won Le Mans the year of Sonic's initial release.

The helmet design is version 2, The first was very simple with a sonic on the back and a line around it to show sponsors, Until it hit me that why not make it look like Sonic himself is driving, The suit not really much to say its probably the weakest part of the whole design in my opinion, Unfortunately I couldn't make the whole of the arms skin coloured for that authentic Sonic driving thing but it turned out ok I think, Also if anybody noticed the wheels before reading this yes its supposed to look like Sonic's Spin dash :sly:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I call this car part of the Royal Purple Racing Group. Sponsored only by those of great prestige. (Or really those who are fond of purple and yellow) So Royal Purple, Crown Royal, and KW Suspension were easy choices. Dunlop joined the party due to their French heritage Rays proved themselves with those mean looking wheels.

This car is glorious around the racetrack and beams with it's brilliance. (hahaha. Well, purple chrome and such strong yellows will do that) I found out the car is brilliant to drive, you can do some quite graceful slides with it, it turns quite well with the throttle while remaining easy to recover. It's Gr.4 brethren is just as wonderful. I must confess I had first made this livery on the Gr.4 car, but it's new to the Gr.3 car and I had been wanting to make a race-suit to match!

The suit itself sports all the sponsors involved, along with the helmet sporting a crown. (Because true royalty wears a crown!)

Lot's of work getting all the yellow accents to come out clean, and making the panels under the door vents not marred with decals that would normally appear there.
This GR.3 car is a bit more visually complex than the Gr.4 car, and that idea carries over with the density of decals. You can see the Gr.4 car in one of the spoiler shots below.

Hope you guys like it!

Basking in Royalty

FINAL ENTRY

SEEEGAAAAA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126094723@N05/
I don't know exactly why I was feeling so nostalgic yesterday and today but this is the result of it, I was always a Sega kid when I was very young, I wish Sega were still making consoles but alas its not to be, I was tempted to make the lower half of the car look like Green Hill Zone but I thought that would be too much of a shift towards Sonic instead of Sega the brand so I placed a Sonic and his respective logos where I thought appropriate being as he is their mascot, I also wanted to pick a period appropriate car and what could be better than a Japanese car that won Le Mans the year of Sonic's initial release.

The helmet design is version 2, The first was very simple with a sonic on the back and a line around it to show sponsors, Until it hit me that why not make it look like Sonic himself is driving, The suit not really much to say its probably the weakest part of the whole design in my opinion, Unfortunately I couldn't make the whole of the arms skin coloured for that authentic Sonic driving thing but it turned out ok I think, Also if anybody noticed the wheels before reading this yes its supposed to look like Sonic's Spin dash :sly:
this is sick. great work!

Final Entry

Ok so my entry is based upon Luden, the company mascot for Kojima Productions. I wanted to try and make a livery based on the design on his space suit and pair it with the Toyota offical team and colours. I also wanted to keep my own helmet colours and design as real drivers, for the most part don't change the whole design of their helmets to match the liveries. I have however updated all logos and team branding to reflect the new sponsorship. I also wanted to use a livery on a car I'd never used before and a Japonese one at that!

ubVJ47S.jpg

127Awhf.jpg

4827880801673936908_14.png

I did really wana work on a 7UP Helmet and outfit, but due to having to come up with a new car livery too I was a bit limited with time (as always!)​

Last edited:
Great entries this round! I thought I'd get a few votes this time but now I'm not so sure. :nervous::lol: Wonder if anyone is going to be a mad man and use the new cars from tonight's update.

FINAL ENTRY

GrEeN cHuPaCaBrA

Inspired by the P1 Motorsports team identity in the Super Trofeo series.
This is not a perfect replica, as the bodywork of the Huracan GT3 is not as dramatic as the Super Trofeo Evo. As soon as I saw this theme, I knew that making a Chupacabra helmet will be a fun idea. So I had to roll up my sleeves and I tried different designs. This one use a metallic base paint so the eyes are shining with flakes. The car uses a semi-matte black base. I had Internet issues so I just finished it last night and I will share the links later.

Hope you’ll like it as much as I had fun doing it !​

FINAL ENTRY

GrEeN cHuPaCaBrA

This is not a perfect replica, as the bodywork of the Huracan GT3 is not as dramatic as the Super Trofeo Evo. As soon as I saw this theme, I knew that making a Chupacabra helmet will be a fun idea. So I had to roll up my sleeves and I tried different designs. This one use a metallic base paint so the eyes are shining with flakes. The car uses a semi-matte black base. I had Internet issues so I just finished it last night and I will share the links later.

The only word I can find for this is wow. Absolutely stunning design!

FINAL ENTRY

GrEeN cHuPaCaBrA

/thread :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

FINAL ENTRY

GrEeN cHuPaCaBrA

Magnificent piece of work. :bowdown:

Your entry will likely be disqualified if it does not meet the rules clearly explained in the opening post. Read them, and then look at other peoples entries for guidance.
It's OK, i don't mind. I'm new here and since it's last day for entry I didn't have time to learn how to post pictures by rules of competition. Just wont to show what I did with tommy decal ;-)

It's OK, i don't mind. I'm new here and since it's last day for entry I didn't have time to learn how to post pictures by rules of competition. Just wont to show what I did with tommy decal ;-)

It's worth taking the time to get it right now, makes it much easier next time 👍 Still an hour left (I think).

And don't worry about the decal, at least 3 other entries feature my work (I think). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back