Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

It's time to Suit Up! Livery and image by @JKcreativeworks - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Let's take advantage of the latest content update and make ourselves some suits. Before I hand the microphone over to @JKcreativeworks let me say the following - read the rules thoroughly. Adjustments have been made and a new mandatory location has been added. If you want to keep Shiretoko, be sure to look at the new settings in the spoiler below. The settings for the new location can be found there as well. Okay, let's hear what Jacob has to say:

Alright, first of all, I want to tell people that I do not feel as much for race suits as I do for car liveries. But due to popular demand and the new update (which isn't all that new anymore), I'd like to give the race suit editor a try for the next contest! You make a sweet race suit, BUT: you have to make a matching car livery to go with it. So no race suit fitting your older livery project(s), no, but something new! It may be a replica, fantasy, easy or complex for all I care. It's your call!... But I want it to be a proper and honest project.

CARS: No restrictions.
LIVERIES: Suit and car livery need to match.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko or White Sands 01/09 for the main pics (Add avatar next to it, left upper part?)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No previous car liveries to match your race suit, it has to be a newly done livery.

Shiretoko
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

White Sands 01/09

Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car/suit. You can post two additional photos inside a spoiler.
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.
Deadline

August 29, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
@syntex123 , @JKcreativeworks : What about the helmet ? Does it have to stay standard or do we have to match it too ?
I second this question; usually F1 pilots, for example, have helmets that do not match their suit/car, so can we go free on it? Or it must be matching, in a similar way to Force India?

full Teens On Acid OTAKU LIFESTYLE comin up boys..have to try a car i haven't made TOA livery for just yet

I see the Helmet being part of the racesuit, so yes you can edit that too. Doesnt have to fit the suit, but try to bring certain details back to the car.

Nice Challange, guys. This is my third competition, and i want to be in the top 3 this time. Why? Because you will love my (fictional) ringtaxi livery & the matching race-suit ;) . Ok - i hope - you will love it...So check this out, feedback would be nice.

FINAL ENTRY

*just eddited my pics, because of the dark and matte livery, added a little more brightness to see details.

Last edited:
This is all I'm seeing for the photo settings.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2018-08-16_134143_www.gtplanet.net.png
    Opera Snapshot_2018-08-16_134143_www.gtplanet.net.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
This is all I'm seeing for the photo settings.
Were you logged in at the time? I was going to mention it as it was doing the same for me, but revealed the 'click to expand' links as soon as logged in to post so didn't bother.

@syntex123 's fix works better now 👍

Wew maybe I'll pass this one (nah depends on mood) coz I have 1 fixed helmet and suit. Too lazy make new one :lol: but think again I'll join this one for fun 👍

Have to say, this competition amounts to a small man next to a small car.
It would have been better to focus on one or the other, due to the size limits on the image you're never going to get a decent look at either.

For example, this image below;

5909299966067867676_14.png

Gives a FAR better idea of the helmet and uniform design than the proper entries, and I just grabbed this from my GT.com profile (when you hover over your user name in the top right corner of the website).

ah after check mine car livery, I stumbled to my old project about RB on GT500 car and I just too lazy make new helmet so here's my entry.
Why Red Bull? I just love they logo I mean that's Bull

Edited: Because the first one have some problem so I remake all livery, still with SGT Red Bull theme but moving to GT300. Not using RCF GT500 again because I just stuck thinking how to make different than the before so I just make in GT3 car :lol: but here's it final entry from me.

Last edited:
Little error in the first post : The "(click for full-size)" of the contest logo goes to the "GTP LEC #11 - GathRing" picture on Flickr :)

Oh! Great catch. Thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now. :)

It would have been better to focus on one or the other, due to the size limits on the image you're never going to get a decent look at either.

5909299966067867676_14.png

Gives a FAR better idea of the helmet and uniform design than the proper entries, and I just grabbed this from my GT.com profile (when you hover over your user name in the top right corner of the website).

That’s why in this competition you get two additional bonus shots. Use them to get a better look at your suit.

Speaking of - @LineR32 your bonus shots are way too big. ;)

ah after check mine car livery, I stumbled to my old project about RB on GT500 car and I just too lazy make new helmet so here's my entry.
Why Red Bull? I just love they logo I mean that's Bull

Read OP. Your entry is not valid I’m afraid.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No previous car liveries to match your race suit, it has to be a newly done livery.

Last edited:
That’s why in this competition you get two additional bonus shots. Use them to get a better look at your suit.
Which is fair enough, but when it comes to voting and there is some 15+ entries, having you manually click spoiler boxes on each one, to get a good look at either just seems, inefficient and more work for you.

Which is fair enough, but when it comes to voting and there is some 15+ entries, having you manually click spoiler boxes on each one, to get a good look at either just seems, inefficient and more work for you.
Not necessarily, but I do get what you mean. If you follow the rules in the said poll you would click the spoilers to view the suits. It wouldn't be more work for me either unless I had to flip what's in the spoiler and what's not. :)

Unless of course, if the sizes on said spoilered images were uneven. Then it'd be more work. We shall cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh! Great catch. Thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now. :)

Speaking of - @LineR32 your bonus shots are way too big. ;)

Read OP. Your entry is not valid I’m afraid.

Fixed it. I must of grabbed the wrong BB code on the pics.

Implement it as a bonus view! I totally forgot to add this indeed.

Update entry, now all is new :D:cheers:

argh there's one fault in livery, that's what you get when making in 3AM
well I just re-entry that so I'll leave it the mistake then.

Last edited:
Implement it as a bonus view! I totally forgot to add this indeed.

That’s why I wrote further down to allow two bonus shots in this round, so contestants can use them as they wish. :)

I can’t say I spotted the error, I think it looks good to me :)

@JKcreativeworks
I feel you mate, so am I. :lol:

Just finished suit+helmet, and I'm not at all happy with the helmet, but it'll do for now. My entry will be up soon-ish.

Technically this is your first entry, as the previous one was invalid, so you should have an editing still available. But @syntex123 is the one who should confirm this :)

As for me: I had an old design still deep in the works, this is a good time to complete it, I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back