The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 12 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 123 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

Here is something I made just for fun. I grew up watching the collectors box set of Speed Racer that my father had since I'm a bit to young to have seen the episodes when they originally released. I always liked Racer X and felt the Zagato fit the shape of the original cartoon vehicle the best.

* Edit changed picture in spoiler and added one to show Helmet better

Last edited:
Shoot me if you must, disqualify me if you must, but I just had to. The freedom in this round (and since we could add suits) meant I had to do this.

I decided to base my car livery on an existing one, but change colors and do my own sponsors here and there, the helmet was based on an existing design but I didn't replicate it 100% so it might look bad.. And last but not least the suit. Based on the GT Academy suit with a twist - I added something I really want on a t-shirt. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

*Points to self*

A quick question; if I'm is making a replica of a car would it be acceptable to replicate the suit as well if it doesn't match the car at all? Or should I make a suit/helmet based on the car?

FINAL ENTRY
Took my new Daily race Livery and thought I would apply it here. Unusual colour choice for me but I like it! Normally hate orange and chrome never mind together! (just realised here it looks gold. In Game it's Orange :nervous::lol:

Did Someone say Renault engine?

Now since this theme screams a lot of freedom, I decided to join this contest. For this I made a TOYO Tires custom made livery for the BRZ Rocket Bunny. And with some D1GP flair added to it with the sponsor box shown.

Though I went too simple in the helmet to be honest. Probably the suit too. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

A quick question; if I'm is making a replica of a car would it be acceptable to replicate the suit as well if it doesn't match the car at all? Or should I make a suit/helmet based on the car?
@danhighway

For me, as the theme (and the rules) is to pair them, I guess you’ll have to create a matching suit for your livery... But maybe @JKcreativeworks and @syntex123 will allow more freedom ?

I would say the very least the car needs elements of the suit, vice versa? I feel my entry is close to the border of being invalid, but @JKcreativeworks has the final word. If he allows it then just go for it. Until he says yes you should prepare your entry for a no. Cytoria here explained it quite well, methinks.

FINAL ENTRY

I like black, so I knew I was going to make a black suit. Whilst searching for livery ideas online I stumbled upon this badass looking Gercollector Huracan on Instagram, perfect...!

Alright, let's do this!

FINAL ENTRY
This is a project I've had in the works for a long, long time, but never decided to complete it. Also, it was intended to be a N24 replica, but since the differences (huge ones) between the Gr.4 Huracan and the Super Trofeo are so many and so heavy, things were turning out quite different from the original. In comes this LEC, so I said "screw it", and turned it into a fictitious Blancpain PRO-AM version, design-wise inspired by the SP8 that ran this year's Nurb 24. Here's the Dorr Motorsports Giti Tires Huracan Gr.4 with matching driver. Really had no ideas for the helmet, so I used the Arai GT and just worked with the colors, and added just a few decals. An enormous thanks has to go to @MatskiMonk for the Dorr Group decal with the gradient on the logo, without his help this livery would still be in the works. Cheers! :cheers:

It was a huge effort for a noob like me, I hope it turned out somewhat good. Personally, I can say I'm happy. :gtpflag:

Alright, let's do this!

FINAL ENTRY
This is a project I've had in the works for a long, long time, but never decided to complete it. Also, it was intended to be a N24 replica, but since the differences (huge ones) between the Gr.4 Huracan and the Super Trofeo are so many and so heavy, things were turning out quite different from the original. In comes this LEC, so I said "screw it", and turned it into a fictitious Blancpain PRO-AM version, design-wise inspired by the SP8 that ran this year's Nurb 24. Here's the Dorr Motorsports Giti Tires Huracan Gr.4 with matching driver. Really had no ideas for the helmet, so I used the Arai GT and just worked with the colors, and added just a few decals. An enormous thanks has to go to @MatskiMonk for the Dorr Group decal with the gradient on the logo, without his help this livery would still be in the works. Cheers! :cheers:

It was a huge effort for a noob like me, I hope it turned out somewhat good. Personally, I can say I'm happy. :gtpflag:

Well done ! I’ve always like the GITI livery, it looks good on the Gr.4 too.

@CroxSkin I see we share simiral interest on Instagram too ;)

Some cool stuff so far! I deserve to win for my Spoiler pic caption alone! Hope to see loads more cool stuff posted!

I was really worried about this one as I don't feel the love for the suit and helmet livery editing, feel its more a novelty!

Last edited:
Some cool stuff so far! I deserve to win for my Spoiler pic caption alone! Hope to see loads more cool stuff posted!

2C6AF87A-B04F-47EA-BE96-F492D4FCD2A5.jpeg

Something like that. To me it just sounded a little.. cocky? ;)

To take the same tone - I deserve to win because I’m about to become a dad, hence my dad-themed liveries. :sly:

:lol:
it's all jokes. I'm never serious! I'm just happy to enter!

I deserve to win because I'm a dad to 2 girls 3/2 y/o

Something like that. To me it just sounded a little.. cocky? ;)

To take the same tone - I deserve to win because I’m about to become a dad, hence my dad-themed liveries. :sly:

:lol:

it's all jokes. I'm never serious! I'm just happy to enter!

I deserve to win because I'm a dad to 2 girls 3/2 y/o
This is discrimination towards people like me who will never be dads :lol:

Yeah but on the plus side, we have more of our own time to make better liveries anyway, without having to be changin' nappies and all that stuff... ;)
Haha true! It's not like I'll never be a dad because I can't, I just don't want to. I really can't see myself changing nappies, waking up every night at 3 a.m. and all the such :P

Yeah but on the plus side, we have more of our own time to make better liveries anyway, without having to be changin' nappies and all that stuff... ;)

Pfft. Just you wait. I’ll push out even greater liveries after I’ve become a dad. ;)

Haha true! It's not like I'll never be a dad because I can't, I just don't want to. I really can't see myself changing nappies, waking up every night at 3 a.m. and all the such :P

Waking up at 3AM won’t bother me. I have delayed sleep phase syndrome so I’m probably wide awake at that hour. :lol:

my kids have slept 6pm - 7am since 2 weeks old, that's enough livery making time! Jokes on you suckas! Being a parent is literally the best thing you will ever do but also the worst and that's coming from someone who point blank didn't want a kid! Now I've 2! Best life decision evarrrrrr. My girls help me pick livery colours all the time. My oldest loves drift cars! The noise and the look. I'm fortunate to have friends who happen to be very good UK drifters and getting better and they always make an effort with her!

before I hit the FINAL ENTRY on this one, mods, I haven't changed the Shiretoko scape settings as I'm happy with how it looks. Would you prefer i update the settings?

Ready for the Cannonball Run. I have another livery/car/suit I was working on for this comp but I decided to go with this one.

View media item 43179View media item 43180
I would prefer it if you did update to the new settings, yes; they look a little bit more realistic and work better for certain colors that popped less before.

Looks good though! And remember in the future to ask about this in a PM rather than actually posting here if you’re unsure - since you should only post your final entry and not anything else. ;)
I say it’s good enough to be your final entry, if you would update to the new settings or not is up to you, but the new settings are absolutely preferred.

I would prefer it if you did update to the new settings, yes; they look a little bit more realistic and work better for certain colors that popped less before.

Looks good though! And remember in the future to ask about this in a PM rather than actually posting here if you’re unsure - since you should only post your final entry and not anything else. ;)
I say it’s good enough to be your final entry, if you would update to the new settings or not is up to you, but the new settings are absolutely preferred.
no worries. will do in the future. I'll update to the new settings also, then add some spoiler shots. thanks mate

FINAL ENTRY

Dodge Viper Gr.4 - Michelin Driving Experience

This car is inspired by the older Viper Michelin Experience but it uses the latest michelin colors and logos. The suit is perfectly matching the livery and there where made at the same time. The funny thing to do was the flag line at the front, placing them one by one for perfect result... (same flags order as the original car ;)). Overalll I'm happy with the design and I might do one with the number plate for Sport Mode !

FINAL ENTRY

1985 Toyota TOM's 85C-L #36

About a week ago I was searching for something to watch and found this really cool youtube channel that has a bunch of old Japanese tv spots (I'm not sure what they are exactly) that were highlight packages of the big Japanese races such as the Fuji 1000K and Suzuka 1000K. They also had highlight packages for Japanese entrants at Le Mans, and one of the first videos I saw of his was a spot about this TOM'S prototype and its Dome counterpart taking part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I'd never seen this car before and I instantly fell in love with it. Sure it didn't do well that year (as well as anything that wasn't a Porsche) but I'll be damned if I don't have a soft spot in my heart for semi obscure prototypes. Someone needs to love the Spices and Courages of the world

As for the livery I recreated it as best I could on the Mk III Supra (Just pretend the OZ wheels are sick Volk Racing fan inserts). I think the livery suits the car really well and it could just as easily been an actual livery for the Group A car. And while I wanted to be as authentic as possible and replicate the driving suits and helmet along with the car, I don't think that would be in the spirit of the theme, plus I couldn't find any images of the driving suits that weren't a blurry mess from old VHS tapes. So the suit is just a generic suit (mainly because I'm not a fan of the suit editor, or laziness. You choose) and the helmet is a mishmash of Satoru Nakajima's (who drove the car) actual helmet and the lines from the car.

Also a huge thank you to @MatskiMonk for helping me with some of the decals. I probably would still be stuck trying to get any of the ones I requested under the 15kb limit.

Last edited:

FINAL ENTRY

• My name: Luke
  • My nickname: Lucky
  • My job: Crash Test Dummy
  • My employer: Euro NCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme), Brussels, Belgium
  • My favourite songs: “I Will Survive” and “Stayin’ Alive”
  • My favourite car: Any new and never crashed before
  • My favourite kick: Keeping my eyes wide open at the moment of crash
  • My favourite sports: Extreme Airbagging

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back