The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 15 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 138 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't for the love of me find a good inspiration for this theme...and it's a very good one! Hopefully I'll come up with something before the deadline hits...

Enough, I retire in the woods.:)

View attachment 770864
:lol: Funny.

Did a Scottish one, looked at the entries in here already and realised they were better :)
Did a french one, and then re-read the rules and realised it was too much of a replica.

bugger
Don’t give up!

I can't for the love of me find a good inspiration for this theme...and it's a very good one! Hopefully I'll come up with something before the deadline hits...

+1

This is a very busy month for me. I hope I can come up with something before the weekend ends or else I might risk sitting it out! :scared:

For this competition I mixed my Special German National Cocktail
  • Car: Mercedes, to appreciate Friedrich Karl Benz’ patent for the first motorcar in 1886
  • Paint: Silver for the Silver Arrows dominating the Grand Prix before (1934-39) and after WWII the Formula 1 (1954-55 and 2014-18)
  • Design: Flag of Germany (tricolour black-red-gold) and four FIFA World Championship Stars
  • Team: Zakspeed Racing
  • Driver: Klaus Ludwig “King Ludwig”: a most successful GT driver
  • Main Sponsor: a very important export good: Beck’s Beer
  • Co-Sponsor: a notorious annual event in Bavaria: Oktoberfest
  • Additional German manufacturers and organisations

FINAL ENTRY

Livery at gran-turismo.com
this is SO CLEAN..great job

FINAL ENTRY

I have two series of liveries I've been working on that sort of fit this theme (WWII Fighter Liveries, National Flag Liveries). However, I wanted to do something new, so here is my USA Corvette:

Livery Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/3399566/1/6206541933068681264

FINAL ENTRY

Alpine A110 "édition France"

I've decided to pay a tribute to my own country : France.

I've chosen the new Alpine, because in the GT line-up, this is the car which symbolizes the most the link from a glorious past to a promising future. A deep royal metallic blue fits it well and allows for a nice contrast with the asymmetrical pattern made with white and red decals

Our country, nicknamed "the hexagon" due to its shape, is divided in 101 departments (french equivalent of States). That's why you can count exactly 101 hexagons on this car. Some french sponsors complete the livery in a sober way.

Edit : the link to the livery

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20181010083610.jpg
    20181010083610.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20181010083620.jpg
    20181010083620.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Seychelles is the country I chose. I’m a geography nerd and I immediately thought of the Seychelles flag, I personally think it looks good. I chose air Seychelles for the main sponsor and did some hints of Africa and tropical look... because it’s a tropical island country in Africa, so here it is:

@ss3 Nice work. Looks really cool, I'm glad I could help you with the stickeres!

@McDotter you did a great job. But you're not following the rules for the competition. please read the manual so that you can compete with the livery competition.

Last edited:
« 2-days left » check point :

@Baron Blitz Red : if you have the time to update your pics to the « right » Shiretoko scape, it would be awesome. If not, you won’t be disqualified for this time as the OP was not clear enough on this point (updated now).

@McDotter : just like @PrinsvOranje said, please read the rules to present your entry the way it is intented. It would be a shame because this looks like a very nice work.

All other entries seem good, except for @A_Keyboard bonus shot : you need to resize it into 640px maximum.

Another issue : @Sjaak , @Strax , @syntex123 , @MMX , @BLiTZ , even if I squint my eyes, I can’t see your entries. Might be the wrong settings... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
It's always great to come to these threads. It's like entering a new gallery every once in a while. Amazing work, everyone!

FINAL ENTRY
Tomorrow is "Tag der deutschen Einheit" (Day of the german unity), so it's the best moment to submit my livery. Patiotism is really difficult here in germany, because most of the people think patriotism is the same as nationalism.

Personaly i think, germany offers many things to be proud of. German car manufactors, for example, are building some of the worlds best sport cars. I chose BMW to create something i would call the "National Pride Livery"

- used the black, red and gold of the national flag as the main colours (Candy gold paintwork as a base)
- replaced the M-Power corporate design colours to match
- chose the typical sponsors of the BMW DTM cars like Deutsche Post, EPost Brief, Bosch, Sonax, Dekra, Castrol Edge,
- Also used the abstract pattern of the german national football team and of the DTM Series

The result is a ready-to-race livery, based on the national colours, but not stickerbombed with sponsors. Just like the germans design their cars, straight, linear, focused on the essentials. Hope you like it.

As a non german person who lived and worked in Germany for a few years, I've to say german people have many reasons to be patriotic. :) There are tones more great things in German History than bad things IMO.

Nice livery btw!

@ss3 Nice work. Looks really cool, I'm glad I could help you with the stickeres!

@McDotter you did a great job. But you're not following the rules for the competition. please read the manual so that you can compete with the livery competition.
Thanks again. ;)

@Baron Blitz Red : if you have the time to update your pics to the « right » Shiretoko scape, it would be awesome. If not, you won’t be disqualified for this time as the OP was not clear enough on this point (updated now).

@McDotter : just like @PrinsvOranje said, please read the rules to present your entry the way it is intented. It would be a shame because this looks like a very nice work.

All other entries seem good, except for @A_Keyboard bonus shot : you need to resize it into 640px maximum.

Another issue : @Sjaak , @Strax , @syntex123 , @MMX , @BLiTZ , even if I squint my eyes, I can’t see your entries. Might be the wrong settings... :embarrassed:
I'm struggling, honestly. I ran out of creativity with half the livery done, add to that the level of some of the other liveries in here...I may end up losing the train this time :(

:lol: Yeah about that...

I'm still stuck making decals for my latest replica, taking a lot long than I'd hoped and somewhat taken over my free time.

FINAL ENTRY
Alright, I wasn't even sure I'd enter this, but then again, why not...inspiration this time was very hard to find, and work has been killing my mind recently, so this one didn't come out as good as I thought it would. But, let's do things in order.

So, the theme...National Pride. For an Italian, this is kind of a hard concept, as we usually tend to throw piles of s**t on our country and everything related to it, eventually blaming it all on politicians (they deserve all the hate, honestly). But, there still are some things that turn us into the most fervent patriots when they get mentioned to us: our football team, our food, our history (especially the Roman Empire), and of course, Scuderia Ferrari. Considering I don't give a damn about football, I focused on the rest; I picked the very car that screams Italy like no other in history, the old Fiat 500, and threw it all on it, as if it was a canvas for a brainstorming collage, or something like that.

The left half of the car is dedicated to Scuderia Ferrari: I decided to do an almost-replica of a car that brought back glory to the team, and the choice was Niki Lauda's 312 T; it's not an exact replica, but I hope it's not too close to be disqualified; if so, I'll take it. We Italians tend to praise Ferrari when it's winning, and blame everyone on the team when a few races later they're losing, so the choice of a car that brought back the title after so many years seemed the best choice.

Now, right side: I dedicated this part of the car to, mostly, our pride and joy: italian food. With Eataly being the shop of choice for fine foods, that had to be the main sponsor, and I paired it with some of our best representations of italian food culture: Lavazza for our world-famous coffee, and Ferrero for our even more world-famous Nutella (come on, I know you know it, and love it, wherever you live! :P ). I then added our Flag, which also seems to turn our patriot mode ON, and the Colosseum from Rome, which is the symbol of Italy in the world. Topped it all with an almost-correct license plate (there should be a character less), the "I" sticker (which used to be everywhere during the 70's to the 90's), and that's it.

This car has on it what Italians can be proud of when it's about their country. It may be a bit over the top, but then again so are we after all! :P

Last edited:

I have edited my entry to have pics from White Sands 01... I have followed all the notes in the spoiler as far as I know, but if there is anything I did wrong or missed please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Cheers

FINAL ENTRY
Alright, I wasn't even sure I'd enter this, but then again, why not...inspiration this time was very hard to find, and work has been killing my mind recently, so this one didn't come out as good as I thought it would. But, let's do things in order.

So, the theme...National Pride. For an Italian, this is kind of a hard concept, as we usually tend to throw piles of s**t on our country and everything related to it, eventually blaming it all on politicians (they deserve all the hate, honestly). But, there still are some things that turn us into the most fervent patriots when they get mentioned to us: our football team, our food, our history (especially the Roman Empire), and of course, Scuderia Ferrari. Considering I don't give a damn about football, I focused on the rest; I picked the very car that screams Italy like no other in history, the old Fiat 500, and threw it all on it, as if it was a canvas for a brainstorming collage, or something like that.

The left half of the car is dedicated to Scuderia Ferrari: I decided to do an almost-replica of a car that brought back glory to the team, and the choice was Niki Lauda's 312 T; it's not an exact replica, but I hope it's not too close to be disqualified; if so, I'll take it. We Italians tend to praise Ferrari when it's winning, and blame everyone on the team when a few races later they're losing, so the choice of a car that brought back the title after so many years seemed the best choice.

Now, right side: I dedicated this part of the car to, mostly, our pride and joy: italian food. With Eataly being the shop of choice for fine foods, that had to be the main sponsor, and I paired it with some of our best representations of italian food culture: Lavazza for our world-famous coffee, and Ferrero for our even more world-famous Nutella (come on, I know you know it, and love it, wherever you live! :P ). I then added our Flag, which also seems to turn our patriot mode ON, and the Colosseum from Rome, which is the symbol of Italy in the world. Topped it all with an almost-correct license plate (there should be a character less), the "I" sticker (which used to be everywhere during the 70's to the 90's), and that's it.

This car has on it what Italians can be proud of when it's about their country. It may be a bit over the top, but then again so are we after all! :P

Wow. That's a real enrichment imho. Revealing a lot of Italian mentality by means of sympathy and smart choice of car and livery.

FINAL ENTRY

I work nights, It sucks. I run a Haas CNC. So I get bored waiting for my parts to finish running. So I thought about a Haas themed Corvette.

The hare is one of the icons that flashes on my screen while the machine is running.

2.jpg
3.jpg

1.jpg

Doing a burnout #merica

FINAL ENTRY

I keep starting to design liveries with good intentions to enter each competition, but finally got around to finishing one...

Meet the Petro-Canada/Tim Hortons McLaren 650S GT3 entry from Canada. Other sponsors include Canadian Tire and TSN (The Sports Network). Decked out in Le Mans 24H GTE Pro number plates, race number "67" is in recognition Canada's year of Confederation - 1867. I was going to add some additional sponsors, but preferred the relatively clean look of the design as presented here.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I keep starting to design liveries with good intentions to enter each competition, but finally got around to finishing one...

Meet the Petro-Canada/Tim Hortons McLaren 650S GT3 entry from Canada. Other sponsors include Canadian Tire and TSN (The Sports Network). Decked out in Le Mans 24H GTE Pro number plates, race number "67" is in recognition Canada's year of Confederation - 1867. I was going to add some additional sponsors, but preferred the relatively clean look of the design as presented here.

This looks fantastic. Nice work mate.

FINAL ENTRY

Ok now there is at least a dozen entries I wish I could vote for.
Nice use of the sponsor and canadian colours to mimic the ultra-recognizable Marlboro scheme (or is it just me ?).

FINAL ENTRY

Called it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back