The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 15 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 138 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Craaaaaap is it today already? I was so sure it was next week. :banghead:

Yes, @BLiTZ, I need a hand.. Is it too late? :banghead:

I am not prepared at all. This week (and the next couple of weeks) is super busy. Any chance I can ask for a two week break? (Poll will still be up, but not the next competition)

« 2-days left » check point :

@Baron Blitz Red : if you have the time to update your pics to the « right » Shiretoko scape, it would be awesome. If not, you won’t be disqualified for this time as the OP was not clear enough on this point (updated now).

@McDotter : just like @PrinsvOranje said, please read the rules to present your entry the way it is intented. It would be a shame because this looks like a very nice work.

All other entries seem good, except for @A_Keyboard bonus shot : you need to resize it into 640px maximum.

Another issue : @Sjaak , @Strax , @syntex123 , @MMX , @BLiTZ , even if I squint my eyes, I can’t see your entries. Might be the wrong settings... :embarrassed:

I haven't had time to do more than 20% of the base design, ugh. Where did the time go??

I won't make the poll unless I get help, I don't have time! :dunce: :banghead:

This is a first, guys. I'm sorry! The past few days (make that weeks!) and the next couple of weeks have been so busy.

If nothing happens yet - pleeeeaase bear with me until the next two weeks is over.. My girlfriends birthday is tomorrow. A big meeting on Friday. My moms birthday is later this month and I'm so packed this month.

This usually doesn't happen. I'm usually here at GTPlanet all around the clock, most of you know this! But this month has been KILLER.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The Beast of Bavaria

Bit of a rush job, not quite finished to how I wanted but here's my homage to Germany (I'm British but love German culture and of course the beer!!) with one of Munich's finest BMWs and host of German brands, enjoy!! The snow background takes a little away from the Silver paint but I like the colour contrasts.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

As many of you guys had struggling with ideas on national design, so did I. Here is what I came up within last 4 hours (1 hour to deadline as writing this post ^^).

ESET Racing Nissan GT-R GT4

Link to the livery

As a small country with less resources, I came up with Idea to design this Nissan in national colors (white/blue/red) packed with only Slovakian sponsors. There is:

Matador
as most famous Slovak tyres
Slovnaft as national petroleum gigant
SPP - Slovak Gas Industry energy supplier
COOP Jednota as our national markets brand
Nový Čas - most read slovakian tabloid
RTV: - national TV and Radio broadcaster
Kofola originál - notorious brand of slovakian soda

And as MAIN sponsor (front of the car is in this color too)

ESET
probably most famous brand which came from Slovakia, the leader in antivirus software, used by millions of people around the world.

And there is a double cross on the roof, as a reminder of slovakian national sign, which we have also on the flag.​

A few ‘last’ words from me today - I can’t handle it right now. I am so sorry.

I always wanted to be on time and have each poll/competition up when they’re supposed to, with only a few minutes delay (preferably only seconds). I wanted these competitions to be something you guys can rely on being on time and look forward to every fortnight.

I hate being in this situation. If I could I would push on right now to get everything up and running in ~45 minutes, but sadly I just can’t. I don’t have that energy right now.

If anyone wants to pick up my work for this one time(maybe the next), PM me. We can work something out and have a poll/comp thread up within weeks end.

I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself a lot, but I’m truly sorry. But I have to accept I’m only human. These things happen.

FINAL ENTRY

As many of you guys had struggling with ideas on national design, so did I. Here is what I came up within last 4 hours (1 hour to deadline as writing this post ^^).

ESET Racing Nissan GT-R GT4

Link to the livery

As a small country with less resources, I came up with Idea to design this Nissan in national colors (white/blue/red) packed with only Slovakian sponsors. There is:

Matador
as most famous Slovak tyres
Slovnaft as national petroleum gigant
SPP - Slovak Gas Industry energy supplier
COOP Jednota as our national markets brand
Nový Čas - most read slovakian tabloid
RTV: - national TV and Radio broadcaster
Kofola originál - notorious brand of slovakian soda

And as MAIN sponsor (front of the car is in this color too)

ESET
probably most famous brand which came from Slovakia, the leader in antivirus software, used by millions of people around the world.

And there is a double cross on the roof, as a reminder of slovakian national sign, which we have also on the flag.​

Ah.. I've been trying to research some of the ESET V4 cup for a couple of years... I hadn't thought ESET might be title sponsorship... :D

Yeah.. I just hate when it happens to me.

I might seem like a no-lifer spending up to 90% of my time here on GTPlanet (day and night) but I just have this voice in my head saying everything I do must be perfect. :lol:

I think some time off did me good, except continued time off would make me go crazy. But I can’t focus on GTPlanet right now.

So you’re right. People will understand, most people have more life than me so maybe I deserve to finally be busy with real life too. :lol: I just can’t feel the same. I feel like I really let you guys down. :nervous:

Surprise ultra-serious guest appearance right at the tail end because I saw this theme when it was still early days and decided I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to.. "interpret" the theme..

So, without further ado (and, hopefully, with the right settings, otherwise I'm kind of screwed.. and if they aren't right, nevermind, if you had fun, you won, and I definitely had fun with this. Maybe it can brighten up your day, Martin?), here goes my

Final Entry

I immediately knew the general direction I wanted to spin this in - satire done right.

The first thing that strikes you with this car is that it bears the national racing colors of Denmark. No, not the BMW stripes on the rear quarter panel (clever me for being original and using BMW stripes on a BMW, huh?), but the fact that the bonnet is entirely covered in the danish flag. Yes, that's our racing "color", apparently. I then went over by a bit, so it now has a Dannebrog grille, side mirrors and rear wing. Ooops. Notable sponsors on the front are Dansk Folkeparti (or, if you're a supreme dictator, the Danish People's Party) because they'd be instantly on-board with the amount of danish flags and nationalism going on here, and Lurpak, for obvious reasons.

Moving on to the cars left side, you will notice the word "Welfare" spelled out in Impact, as well as a somewhat titled map of Denmark. This is a reference to the danish welfare system, which was put on life support more than 30 years ago, only to occationally be brought up by politicians as a measure of how much better a country Denmark is. Hence why the map is tilted. Sponsors on the side are Lego because we like toys that inflict physical pain, Bang&Olufsen because part Race Driver: Grid reference, part because that's really about all we make, and Lurpak yet again because I ran out of creativity.

On the rear, you will immediately notice the Carlsberg Green bonnet, with adorning logo. This is an obvious reference to how drunk out of our minds 90% of the population is at all times. No, seriously, Ireland ain't got 🤬 on our alcohol issues. Also on the trunk you'll find the mandatory-in-the-mid-00s "Support Our Troops" sticker, which serves to remind the user of back when Denmark had something resembling an army. You will also find a reference to the current employment situation of basically everybody who doesn't get "grandfathered-in" as a CEO.

On the right side of the car, you'll find my greatest stroke of genius ever. The magic would be lost if I read it out loud here, so (sellout incoming) CLICK THAT THUMBNAIL AND DON'T FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON IT REALLY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME.

The roof features three strips of bacon running along the length of it, adorned with added "In Bacon We Trust" sticker. On a related side-note, the rear wing basically sums up the entire livery. Also it uses muscle car wheels because blinging up your wheels for reasons of blinging them up is almost as distinctly danish as a handshake. And yes, that's a reference basically nobody's going to get.

Totally understandable. These comps don't run themselves and people will understand.

I'm out of time tonight now mate, but can have a look again tomorrow if needs be.

Surprise ultra-serious guest appearance right at the tail end because I saw this theme when it was still early days and decided I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to.. "interpret" the theme..

So, without further ado (and, hopefully, with the right settings, otherwise I'm kind of screwed.. and if they aren't right, nevermind, if you had fun, you won, and I definitely had fun with this. Maybe it can brighten up your day, Martin?), here goes my

Final Entry

I immediately knew the general direction I wanted to spin this in - satire done right.

The first thing that strikes you with this car is that it bears the national racing colors of Denmark. No, not the BMW stripes on the rear quarter panel (clever me for being original and using BMW stripes on a BMW, huh?), but the fact that the bonnet is entirely covered in the danish flag. Yes, that's our racing "color", apparently. I then went over by a bit, so it now has a Dannebrog grille, side mirrors and rear wing. Ooops. Notable sponsors on the front are Dansk Folkeparti (or, if you're a supreme dictator, the Danish People's Party) because they'd be instantly on-board with the amount of danish flags and nationalism going on here, and Lurpak, for obvious reasons.

Moving on to the cars left side, you will notice the word "Welfare" spelled out in Impact, as well as a somewhat titled map of Denmark. This is a reference to the danish welfare system, which was put on life support more than 30 years ago, only to occationally be brought up by politicians as a measure of how much better a country Denmark is. Hence why the map is tilted. Sponsors on the side are Lego because we like toys that inflict physical pain, Bang&Olufsen because part Race Driver: Grid reference, part because that's really about all we make, and Lurpak yet again because I ran out of creativity.

On the rear, you will immediately notice the Carlsberg Green bonnet, with adorning logo. This is an obvious reference to how drunk out of our minds 90% of the population is at all times. No, seriously, Ireland ain't got 🤬 on our alcohol issues. Also on the trunk you'll find the mandatory-in-the-mid-00s "Support Our Troops" sticker, which serves to remind the user of back when Denmark had something resembling an army. You will also find a reference to the current employment situation of basically everybody who doesn't get "grandfathered-in" as a CEO.

On the right side of the car, you'll find my greatest stroke of genius ever. The magic would be lost if I read it out loud here, so (sellout incoming) CLICK THAT THUMBNAIL AND DON'T FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON IT REALLY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME.

The roof features three strips of bacon running along the length of it, adorned with added "In Bacon We Trust" sticker. On a related side-note, the rear wing basically sums up the entire livery. Also it uses muscle car wheels because blinging up your wheels for reasons of blinging them up is almost as distinctly danish as a handshake. And yes, that's a reference basically nobody's going to get.

Seeing people enter these competitions always brighten my day, you’re right there! :)

I will have to say you did use wrong settings, but if you hurry you can still fix it before the deadline. I guess I’ll still hang around until then to close it, but won’t do more yet.

Totally understandable. These comps don't run themselves and people will understand.

I'm out of time tonight now mate, but can have a look again tomorrow if needs be.

No worries! I wish I popped in earlier but like I said I thought I had another week.

I’ll try to pop in every now and then and not dissappear completely until I have more time to do stuff here. :)

To be honest, there still is – and will be – a real life beyond GT Sport, GT Planet and PS4.
Dear
Martin, please calm down and let things go simply and easily. Remember that sort of relaxed behaviour of SlipZtrEm during the Photomode Comps.
Let me finish with a quote about a master:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
― Stephen McCranie

Ah.. I've been trying to research some of the ESET V4 cup for a couple of years... I hadn't thought ESET might be title sponsorship... :D
:D Had no idea that such thing as ESET V4 cup exists till you mentioned it. ^^

To be honest, there still is – and will be – a real life beyond GT Sport, GT Planet and PS4.
Dear
Martin, please calm down and let things go simply and easily. Remember that sort of relaxed behaviour of SlipZtrEm during the Photomode Comps.
Let me finish with a quote about a master:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
― Stephen McCranie
True! But I’m a perfectionist when it comes to things I like. I’ll try to give it a rest.

Good quote. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back