Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Time to get patriotic. Livery by fibroman77 and image by @MatskiMonk - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
What is the greatest thing about your country? Put it on the car. Let's see how many countries we can get represented! @MatskiMonk has set the theme National Pride. Let's hear what he has to say:

National pride... Design a livery that represents a nation! Firstly, this doesn't have to be your nationality... You can choose any, and it doesn't have to match the car either.

The design can be based around national colours, the flag of the country, maybe a national team, or even iconic military/airforce designs! Primary sponsors should be strongly linked to the country at hand, i.e. as a Brit, I might have British Airways as sponsor... a Russian livery might have Stolichnaya Vodka as a sponsor!

No direct replicas are allowed, but if there's strong influences of existing liveries, that'll be fine.

All cars are welcome.

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Original, no direct replicas although if a livery is influenced by something that already exists, it should be okay.
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Only as required by the rules
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As per the theme.

Shiretoko 03
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

White Sands 01/09

Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car/suit. You can post one additional photos inside a spoiler.

• No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

October 10, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
@syntex123 @MatskiMonk I have a really good idea on this theme, but i have a question.

Are art-cars allowed? (please say yes)

Art Cars are fine, especially if it's one based on a really good idea 👍

The only real restriction is that the design can't be a direct copy of a real livery that already exists.

As an example, if someone want to use the idea of putting a map on a car, like the 1980 BMW France M1 Le Mans car, that'd be fine, but if they tried to recreate that actual car, it'd be against the rules..

CFJRJRpWAAA_kxV.jpg:large

The idea behind this is to introduce an element of originality & creativity to the design, without making it too much of a think piece.

Having made a Korean style Hyundai before I am quite confident this week this is a good theme for me ;)

Quick edit to prevent a double post, Anybody know the names of any British suspension suppliers?

Perhaps we could have a post in the thread somewhere where people can ask about brands from specific countries to save us all spending hours googling them? Like a quick reference post for major automotive parts e.g

Lighting/Electrics
Valeo - France
BOSCH - Germany
Hella -Germany
CARELLO - Italy
Magneti Marelli - Italy
DENSO - Japan
Koito - Japan
Lucas - UK

Air Products
AEM - America
Injen - America
K&N - America
FRAM - France
MANN - Germany
BMC - Italy
Green Cotton - UK I think
itg - UK

Oil/Lubricants
Gulf - America
STP - America
Texaco - America
Shell - Anglo-Dutch
LUBRAX - Brazil
MOTUL - France
FUCHS - Germany
Agip -Italy
Selenia - Italy
Castrol - UK

Wheels (Only listing those currently in game)
American Racing - Obvious
KMC - America I believe
BBS - Germany
OZ Racing - Italy
Enkei - Japan
Motegi Racing - Japan
Rays - Japan
Work - Japan
Yokohama - Japan

Tires
Firestone - America
GoodYear - America
Nitto - America
Michelin - France
Continental - Germany
Fulda - Germany
Pirelli - Italy
Bridgestone - Japan
Falken - Japan
Hankook - South Korea
Avon Tires - UK
Dunlop - UK

Exhausts/Backboxes etc
Borla - America
Corsa - America
Flowmaster - America
Gibson Performance - America
Magnaflow - America
Faurecia - France
Meisterschaft - Germany
ANSA - Italy
Supersprint - Italy
HKS - Japan
Akrapovic - Slovakia
Milltek Sport - UK
Powerflow - UK

Brakes Pads/Calipers etc
STOPTECH - America
Wilwood - America
ATTKD - Australian I think
remmen - Canada
kraft-tec - Germany
Brembo - Italy
Dixcel - Japan
AP Racing - UK, Owned by Brembo of Italy
EBC Brakes - UK
Ferodo - UK
Girling - UK

Suspension Systems
Bilstein - Germany
Eibach - Germany
H&R - Germany
Tein - Japan
Koni - Netherlands
Ohlins - Sweden

Up to date as of 2nd October, Ordered by Country alphabetically within each subset, Hopefully it is much easier to scan through, If you need to know any that aren't listed I can try to find something.

Last edited:
Having made a Korean style Hyundai before I am quite confident this week this is a good theme for me ;)

Quick edit to prevent a double post, Anybody know the names of any British suspension suppliers?

Perhaps we could have a post in the thread somewhere where people can ask about brands from specific countries to save us all spending hours googling them? Like a quick reference post for major automotive parts e.g

Lighting

Carello - Italy
Hella -Germany
Koito - Japan
Valeo - France etc

This document, and CTRL+F should work... https://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA116090622.PDF

... unless you're looking for UK based OEMs... we don't have many.

Lighting

Carello - Italy
Hella -Germany
Koito - Japan
Valeo - France etc
Be my guest to compile a little list, when/if it’s big enough I can copy it to the OP.

Lighting/Electrics
Carello - Italy
Hella -Germany
Koito - Japan
Valeo - France etc

Oil/Lubricants
Gulf - America
Agip -Italy
Motul - France
Fuchs - Germany
Shell - Anglo-Dutch
Lubrax - Brazil
Castrol - UK
Texaco - America

BBS - Germany
Enkei - Japan
KMC - America I believe
Motegi Racing - Japan
OZ Racing - Italy
Rays}
Work} Japan
Yokohama}

doing the real work here!

Will update the post further after I grab a bite to eat, There is a good number of equipment manufacturers on the list for now, Feel free to let me know any more or point out any mistakes I might have made with the countries of origin.

This will be a competition thread I'll keep tabs on, I like this theme and I wanted to see more after the GT World Tour at Salzburg teased that with the RB Standards.

I’m tempted to use a Fiat 500, and change the design half way down the car to something else. But I’m afraid that’s too obscure of a reference for most people to get.

Us Scottish folks have done a lot for the world, so I feel like going down the route of something we invented or something history related but it's so hard choosing 1 idea!

FINAL ENTRY
full

full

full

full

full
full
This one probably isn't that obvious. The country I chose to represent is the Philippines, the homeland of my parents. The base design is inspired by the uniforms rocked by the National Team colors of any sport in International Play. (think football/basketball/volleyball)

98 is significant because in the year 1898, the Philippines gained independence from Spain after 333 years of colonial rule, only to become an American colony after more bloodshed. Apparently there was some confusion with the locals as to why the Americans were fighting for independence on their behalf. I've digressed. The US finally granted the Philippines to govern themselves after World War II.

I chose the 86 because it is the most popular sports car in the country. Toyota is also the leading automaker in terms of sales. Their marketshare is double that of second place, Hyundai. San Miguel and Jollibee are the most recognizable Filipino brands even outside the Philippines. Wherever there's a Filipino enclave outside of the Philippines, you can bet there's a Jollibee fast-food restaurant there. San Miguel is a filthy rich corporation. They're majority share holder of Petron, the biggest oil company in the Philippines. But San Miguel is best known for a beer you'll find everywhere in Asia and even parts of Europe. Like Budweiser, it's cheap but effective.

Even though Yokohama and Fujifilm are Japanese Multi-national companies, they have huge manufacturing presence in the Philippines.

Next to the boxer 86 emblem flanking both sides is the Roundel of the Philippine Air Force.

The graphics and sponsor decals look very DIY and that's intentional. The national team nickname is "azkal" Loosely translated, it means street dog. A lot of people don't have much there, but it doesn't stop them from trying their best. Underdogs through and through.

EDITED: because I'm bad at folllowing instructions. lol =)

Last edited:

Lighting/Electrics
CARELLO - Italy
Hella -Germany
Koito - Japan
Valeo - France
Lucas - UK
BOSCH - Germany
DENSO - Japan

Air Products
FRAM - France
BMC - Italy
K&N - America
MANN - Germany
AEM - America
Injen - America
itg - UK
Green Cotton - UK I think

Oil/Lubricants
Gulf - America
Agip -Italy
MOTUL - France
FUCHS - Germany
Shell - Anglo-Dutch
LUBRAX - Brazil
Castrol - UK
Texaco - America

BBS - Germany
Enkei - Japan
KMC - America I believe
Motegi Racing - Japan
OZ Racing - Italy
Rays - Japan
Work - Japan
Yokohama - Japan

Exhausts/Backboxes etc
ANSA - Italy
Borla - America
Corsa - America
Gibson Performance - America
Flowmaster - America
Akrapovic - Slovakia
Magnaflow - America
Powerflow - UK
Meisterschaft - Germany
Milltek Sport - UK
HKS - Japan
Faurecia - France
Just sharing my extra bit on italian companies... :)

Supersprint is also an italian exhaust maker which is quite famous. Selenia is also an oil maker of choice (though now belongs to Petronas, but let's not delve further into these matters), and Magneti Marelli is the leading italian company when it comes to electronics. Pirelli needs no introductions.

@ren0vat0r @Baron Blitz Red @Slender_Man nice entries, but you may want to re-read the first post, in particular the section about making the preview shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back