The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 16 - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

Borrowed some inspiration from the legendary Gulf liveries from the past.

Tried to make the design as simple and flowing as possible.

Cool livery, however just a friendly note that your Adidas logo is way too new for the 80's, back then it was the '3 leaf' or 'Trefoil' design, the 3 bar 'Mountain' logo came in in the late 90's.

And yes I am an Adidas nerd :D

FINAL ENTRY

"Following the recent trend of tribute liveries in the world of motorsports (Pink Pig, Rothmans...), BMW Motorsport decided they were going to be up to the task as well..."

The modern number board loses the 80's vibe for me on this one!

Cool livery, however just a friendly note that your Adidas logo is way too new for the 80's, back then it was the '3 leaf' or 'Trefoil' design, the 3 bar 'Mountain' logo came in in the late 90's.

And yes I am an Adidas nerd :D

@KK78 Thanx I will change it as soon as possible thanx for the tip

So I should use this one

adidas-trefoil-logo.png

snes, n64, ps1 laser, game boy you name it, blowing the dust out ALWAYS made it work

oh and the dreamcast! What a flop that was! Had great games!

I feel like I should redo my entry. I really do like the Swatch car, alot. But I feel it's off target with the homework assignment.

FINAL ENTRY

The "20" on the side is actually a mask where I used shaped behind it to make the gradient numbers. I used the same gradient on the bottom of the car.
There is a lot of masking to make the logo I had access to work, since I am not good with inkscape.
I feel this is more on point with the assignment for these two weeks.
1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Updated/changed my entry. I'm pretty happy with it, but I found myself thinking more than once about what people here would say about it instead of just losing myself in the process. Took a bit of the fun out of it.

@Kelmac and @polo510 Your liveries looks awesome, nicely done and I will definitely use it in the game. but dit you read the rules?

Or maybe I'm too strict.......? @d-mac

CARS : 2000 or newer (but no Vision GT cars)
LIVERIES : NO replicas.
USER MADE DECALS :
Yes. Decals can be from 80's or modern. Try not to mix the 2.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS : Car must be on the move on track.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Classic number board.
- Solid colours (No metallic/Chrome/Matte).
- Must limit curves used in decals.
- The car does not need to be sport mode compatible.

screenshot_mazda_787b_paul_ricard_0-5-5_1-1-2015-16-43-37-jpg.76775

281e7fa0a6f4ef156d899248aee747b9-700.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like I should redo my entry. I really do like the Swatch car, alot. But I feel it's off target with the homework assignment.

FINAL ENTRY

The "20" on the side is actually a mask where I used shaped behind it to make the gradient numbers. I used the same gradient on the bottom of the car.
There is a lot of masking to make the logo I had access to work, since I am not good with inkscape.
I feel this is more on point with the assignment for these two weeks.
View attachment 774744 View attachment 774745

The wheel just too cute :P

@Kelmac and @polo510 Your liveries looks awesome, nicely done and I will definitely use it in the game. but dit you read the rules?

Or maybe I'm too strict.......

USER MADE DECALS :
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Classic number board.

At what point does inspired by turn into a replica?

My Taco Bell is an inspired by design.

At what point does inspired by turn into a replica?

My Taco Bell is an inspired by design.

For me yours is a replica too.
To use the same decals as the original car only on an other car (and there in the same place) is more than inspired ...
But that might be only my opinion.

Or maybe I'm too strict.......

USER MADE DECALS :
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Classic number board.

What’s the definition of “Replica” for this contest? I have another car if I’m not within the rules.

What’s the definition of “Replica” for this contest? I have another car if I’m not within the rules.

@D-Max has the final say, but here's my 2¢.

A replica livery stays as true to possible to the original car. They need to be on the same or very similar cars to the original to be considered a replica.

A tribute livery takes the core elements of the original car and applies them to a different car, updates period correct decals with modern versions, or applies some other from of change.

Inspirations take elements from original cars and make them into something new. Some elements can be used identically to the original car, but the new livery would also include new or modified elements in the overall design.

For me yours is a replica too.
To use the same decals as the original car only on an other car (and there in the same place) is more than inspired ...
But that might be only my opinion.

It’s not really a replica, but heavily inspired.
The roof is different, the sponsor stack is different, and the numbers are different. There really aren’t a lot of options for logo placement with the theme.

`If I say replica, people will get upset. If I say inspired, people will get upset. No win situation here but I believe they are heavily inspired. It's a very fine line to walk.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to this as it seems like a S**t show now and all over the place which is really annoying! I wish I went with my other simplistic idea!

But what is it that you desire, to see only original designs or original designs + inspired work/homage? :)

By the way, no stress bud! A bit of controversy is good!

`If I say replica, people will get upset. If I say inspired, people will get upset. No win situation here but I believe they are heavily inspired. It's a very fine line to walk.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to this as it seems like a S**t show now and all over the place which is really annoying! I wish I went with my other simplistic idea!

It’s a fantastic theme.

@D-Max the theme is great. It's a bit too open though, that's why people have a larger margin of interpretation, leading to different opinion.

I think the point of this week's competition was to be original, and not to pick a car from the 80's and apply the same (or almost exactly the same) livery to a different car ingame. If the judge says everything's good, everything's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back