The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 55 (Icons Revisited) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 291 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Ferrari Lawsuit in 3...2...
Where can I download it?

Not that I have the skills for these competitions, but I have had an idea of ultimate blasphemy: Ken Miles' GT40 on Ferrari 330 is about as horrific as I can imagine it.

Last edited:
Asking for a rules clarification here. I notice these sections:

various brands
or heavily inspired liveries

But that doesn't seem to suggest that the livery has to be of a brand or inspired by the automotive industry. There are still a lot of brands out there. My go-to livery is heavily inspired by a brand but is hilariously unrelated to racing, yet oddly appropriate as well.

So I guess the question is does the livery have to be limited to the automotive industry?

Exactly. The original must be an existing motorsport livery.
Okay, this answers the question. It does have to be a motorsport livery. I’ll wait for a category that isn’t motorsport related haha.

The 2002 Jaguar R3 as driven by Eddie Irvine and Pedro de la Rosa... on a '95 McLaren F1 GTR.
All proper decals except for the cheeky addition of the puma sponsor to fill the big-cat-shaped empty rear corner.

2002_Jaguar_R313.jpg

Download Link

I'm so tempted to post an Acura livery on a Honda, but that feels like cheating because the replica liveries are on the same model (albeit in a distinctly JDM spec)...

I'm so tempted to post an Acura livery on a Honda, but that feels like cheating because the replica liveries are on the same model (albeit in a distinctly JDM spec)...
Yes I think it will fall in the « tribute » effect indeed. Make the Acura livery on a Lexus or a BMW ;)

Nice, I was wondering if a Renown livery would pop up :D Also, I advice you to look in the OP to find the correct settings for the scapes, to make your images pop more. :)

Yeah I haven't had time to reupload the corrected photo's yet but I will get there before the end of today!

This fortnights competition is full of all sorts of sacrilege, so I thought I'd thrown my own right into the mix. A mashup of the 1997 Jordan Benson & Hedges (Bitten Hisses) livery on a McLaren. There's a fusion of some minor McLaren sponsors from the time along with the main Jordan ones from the year.

It's as if the West & McLaren partnership never happened, B&H jumped ship to McLaren and then for McLaren to spectacularly pull out of F1 to run 2 year old GTR's in Endurance racing. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY
Harrods Racing DBR9
Link.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Harrods Racing DBR9
Link (when ready).​
Started out as a potential livery for a Bridgestone Tour race that I never entered, which gave me a brainwave as I was struggling to find an idea which hadn't been used on more than one car. Used photos of both 06R's race and road-modified forms as my points of reference:

McLaren_F1_GTR_%22Harrods%22_at_Goodwood_2014_002.jpg

dal0206ju19.jpg

EDIT: Livery link added; see updated post above.

Last edited:
Back