The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 59 (F1 Rejects) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 154 comments
Yes, it is always a good idea to add a ink to the livery in your description post if it is shared.
So we can easily save the livery in GT Sport and see your work in high resolution, and give you some likes.

I *think* I have done this okay for my Lotus Livery above. I've only ever submitted 2 for public scrutiny (on this forum), but if anyone wants to see, like, share, download or use any of my other liveries, you can find me on GTS as StampedChipmunk.

(Update - Mods, please delete if inappropriate)

FINAL ENTRY

DID I DO THIS CORRECTLY?
View attachment 940674

Hi, welcome to our competitions!

I didn't quite get what team you are referring to in your design. As the rules for this round states:

Your job this fortnight is to pay tribute to small and unsuccessful F1 teams from the past and bring them back to Life. You can choose any team you want, provided it isn't running today and that it has never finished on the podium

And that's bad news if your car is indeed a Lotus reinterpretation because Lotus was pretty successful, so it wouldn't qualify.

But don't give up! You could adapt this design into another team, it's just a matter of picking one that you like and there is plenty of time to do it.

Is it a good idea to add a link to the livery in the post?

I always thought it was mandatory (well, it is in the end), and i like to download them and share on game, so I would say absolutely!

So this was a tricky one. First I'm not that into F1 that I can remember all the teams which weren't successful, and second you guys are so fast you stole all my picks. :lol:
At last I found a F1 Team and I chose the Fondmetal Team to honor their failings in F1. They managed to finish in the 1991 season which had 16 races, only 3 times. Their best shot was 10th. 1992 was even worse, with just 2 finishes. So behold this pinnacle of racing history. The photo of both teammates racing each other was so amazing I had to buy this damn car twice and recreate it :D

Link to Livery

You don‘t need to do that in order to take pictures with multiple liveries on the same car. Just take a shot with one car, change the livery and load the scape shot from your gallery. You can then place the car a second(/third) time ;)

@Nuschel01 omg, I didn't know that. There goes my 1M down the drain :lol:

I was just popping in to say the same thing. :lol:
Best thing I ever discovered on GT Sport was the ability to reopen your gallery pics and add extra versions of the same car.
Or even just using the same background and edits, without having to redo them every time.

RIP your funds.

I was just popping in to say the same thing. :lol:
Best thing I ever discovered on GT Sport was the ability to reopen your gallery pics and add extra versions of the same car.
Or even just using the same background and edits, without having to redo them every time.

RIP your funds.

I knew about the redoing it part, but the "adding the same car" again is completely new to me!

I knew about the redoing it part, but the "adding the same car" again is completely new to me!

Examples:

5774190882043495956_0.jpg

6269595699359253532_0.jpg

4909008327257622020_0.jpg

This could be interesting, I've made a few liveries in the past but I've never shared them and I think they are nothing major. But I really do want to see what I can do if I dedicate a lot of time and effort into it! I'll be joining soon, I do have some ideas under my belt. Cheers :cheers:!

There arguably hasn't been such an abject failure in Formula 1 as Forti Corse, they lasted all of a season and a bit. Forti graduated to Formula One as a constructor entrant in 1995, but its first car—the Ford Forti FG01—proved to be uncompetitive, indeed it was the only car on the grid which still had a manual gearbox, and the team failed to score a single point. Despite this setback, Forti was committed to a three-year deal with Brazilian Pedro Diniz, which was broken when Pedro moved to the Ligier team prior to 1996 season, taking most of the team's sponsorship money with him. Nevertheless, Forti continued to compete in the sport, and produced the much-improved FG03 chassis, before succumbing to financial problems mid-season after an ultimately fruitless deal with a mysterious entity known as Shannon Racing. The team competed in a total of 27 Grands Prix, scoring no points, and is recognised as one of the last truly privateer teams to race in an era when many large car manufacturers were increasing their involvement in the sport.

The livery was interesting to me because while it's bright and colourful it is also pretty random with sponsor decals laden in certain areas but not in others, both the F1500T-A and Dallara were a little tough due to their respective layouts but I picked the F1500T-A as I felt it was more authentic to the era.

They are a great example of the "ambitious, but rubbish": great plans, beautiful history on junior Formulas but a unredeemable and miserable failure on F1.

But I'll still maintain that the worst of them all is Andrea Moda. Kinda surprised nobody has made a Andrea Moda up until now.

And I agree with you, the original design works on the F1500T and has some 80s tone to it.

FINAL ENTRY

Aspara Drink Super Aguri powered by Mazda

The cool thing about your design is that I can really see a Super Aguri car on that, but with different colors, sponsors and really nicely done on the SF. That and the fact that I love alternate history ideas: Super Aguri stays afloat and, following Honda demise in the end of 2008, founds an unexpected and unusual partnership with Mazda.

This could be interesting, I've made a few liveries in the past but I've never shared them and I think they are nothing major. But I really do want to see what I can do if I dedicate a lot of time and effort into it! I'll be joining soon, I do have some ideas under my belt. Cheers :cheers:!

Don't be shy, taking part on the LEC will only make you improve and it's really fun following the work of all the regulars here.

I’d love to get involved but I’ve had major creative block for around a month!

Yeah, I've been facing the same issue lately. I have ideas, but everything comes out weird and wonky, so I'll just delete it and leave it alone.

But, since this is my theme, I'm not allowed to enter anyways, so I'm having a time off.

Have you got a team idea?

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

MTV SIMTEK FORD SF19 (Re-imagined)

So I tried to do something a little bit different for this round, and re-imagine a classic livery to try and bring it into the modern day. I enjoyed the bluish/purple of the original MTV sponsored Simtek, but I feel they never made the most of their title sponsors very distinctive style. I've tried to incorporate that with the rest of the livery a bit more and use the mint from the MTV Logo in other areas, as well as the red in addition to the mid-90s MTV pattern. A couple of the special colours came to good use here, including a metallic flaked purple for the main body and the fluorescent matte 'mint' colour for the wheels and mirrors allow the paint to react differently under different lighting states.

I won't post any images of the original as they've already been included in this post, but I have made a timelapse video of the build if anyone is interested. Enjoy!

For this livery challenge, after reading through the Wikipedia list that was shared, I inmediately knew what I wanted to do.

Personally, I love Venturi as a manufacturer; quirky and unique, and I didn't know they raced in F1 (and failed miserably). My reinterpretation takes the current Venturi FE car, applying the brand of it's livery to a F1 car, while keeping the lines and the aesthetic that make it recognizable, and adding a few touches, like the blacked out rear wing and top section, and the double red lines at the back.

My vision would be that this Venturi be powered by a Mercedes engine in 2020, and they would prove to be up to par with the midfield, dancing mostly with the Force Indias, McLarens and Alpha Tauris.

Part of the reimagination came in form of the sponsorship of the car; ROKiT, Hewlett Packard and Richard Mille had to stay (since they are main sponsors of the FE car) but I had some leeway to play with other stuff. The Mercedes logo for the PU that it carries, the Total french oil giant proudly showing it's colors on the side of the fellow french racing car, and Pirelli for being the sole tire manufacturer of F1.

The last two touches come in the numbers: LC20 is the chassis, being a nice salute to the LC92, and the number 29 is what the LC92 had on it's wings. I hope you people like it. :)

They are a great example of the "ambitious, but rubbish": great plans, beautiful history on junior Formulas but a unredeemable and miserable failure on F1.

But I'll still maintain that the worst of them all is Andrea Moda. Kinda surprised nobody has made a Andrea Moda up until now.

And I agree with you, the original design works on the F1500T and has some 80s tone to it.

The cool thing about your design is that I can really see a Super Aguri car on that, but with different colors, sponsors and really nicely done on the SF. That and the fact that I love alternate history ideas: Super Aguri stays afloat and, following Honda demise in the end of 2008, founds an unexpected and unusual partnership with Mazda.

Don't be shy, taking part on the LEC will only make you improve and it's really fun following the work of all the regulars here.

Yeah, I've been facing the same issue lately. I have ideas, but everything comes out weird and wonky, so I'll just delete it and leave it alone.

But, since this is my theme, I'm not allowed to enter anyways, so I'm having a time off.

Have you got a team idea?
I have nothing at all. I was considering an original livery but I’m unsure

I'll just say, some of these are absolutely amazing, nicely done guys! :cheers:
This must be one of the most interesting themes I've seen in this competition!

Last edited:
50% finished

my personal targets:

perfect lines
no covering with white (therefore provisionally body in chrome)
100% self-made stickers

i need help
does anyone know these logos?
Car: KE009 1977, Kojima Engineering, Driver: Noritake Takahara

Omg

The patience you have to do these lines is amazing! This is awesome work

Edit, Bridgestone logo needs to have negative depth to get rid of the "es" randomly showing on the wing attachment

50% finished

my personal targets:

perfect lines
no covering with white (therefore provisionally body in chrome)
100% self-made stickers

i need help
does anyone know these logos?
Car: KE009 1977, Kojima Engineering, Driver: Noritake Takahara

Yes, people digging obscure 70s teams is great and your work is really inspired already.

To anyone still in search for something, I'm gonna say that there is a great pun opportunity buried deeply in the 70s.

Back