The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 59 (F1 Rejects) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 154 comments
Last edited:
someone do this AGS please...

C55dJ8xWgAAPMwx.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

In 1972, the German F1 team “Eifelland Caravans” appeared for one season and entered eight races. They hired Rolf Stommelen as driver and notorious industrial designer Luigi Colani created the bodywork for the March 721 chassis which turned out to be one of the biggest flops in F1 history: 8 races, 6 finished, no podiums, no points.

Luigi Colani might have liked the idea to use the Chaparral 2X VGT as a basis for a re-design of the Eifelland F1. At least I had fun to create this livery for the 2X (my very first design for this model). I guess this is the only vehicle in GTS where you can put decals on the rims.

The ugliest F1 car list

In 1972, the German F1 team “Eifelland Caravans” appeared for one season and entered eight races. They hired Rolf Stommelen as driver and notorious industrial designer Luigi Colani created the bodywork for the March 721 chassis which turned out to be one of the biggest flops in F1 history: 8 races, 6 finished, no podiums, no points.

Luigi Colani might have liked the idea to use the Chaparral 2X VGT as a basis for a re-design of the Eifelland F1. At least I had fun to create this livery for the 2X (my very first design for this model). I guess this is the only vehicle in GTS where you can put decals on the rims.

The ugliest F1 car list

I really shouldn't have clicked submit n that link, the original really is a hideous car.

Well done guys. I am counting more than two dozens of awesome entries – three of them being non-formula race cars.
It's great to see what kind of stuff can be created if the theme is an interesting one. Thanks a lot @wowbaggerBR !
I may add one tomorrow if I can find some time between work and sleep. The competition is high with lots of cool designs indeed!

My apologies that I didn't enter my entry.

It was all finished and ready but it bombed on the community pages within GT Sport and I don't know if it was just the wrong timing or the fact I made multiple versions of it for completion but I took it personally this time since I put so much effort into it with the decal identification/decal requests and actually making the livery.

I'll share it in my gallery later but I think I'm finished for the time being, was gonna be stopping my game for a while anyway since Fairy Tail is out, I shall give it some thought.

It was all finished and ready but it bombed on the community pages within GT Sport and I don't know if it was just the wrong timing or the fact I made multiple versions of it for completion but I took it personally this time since I put so much effort into it with the decal identification/decal requests and actually making the livery.

I'll share it in my gallery later but I think I'm finished for the time being, was gonna be stopping my game for a while anyway since Fairy Tail is out, I shall give it some thought.

Popularity in community pages means nothing. It's a shame you took it personally and that it prevented you to participate.

If you share multiple versions it will hurt your numbers on GT Sport.
The later ones invariably do smaller numbers.

Edit: Post it anyway. If you can, try to do these things for your own enjoyment.

Last edited:

that's a real shame. I wish you'd posted it here.

Popularity in community pages means nothing. It's a shame you took it personally and that it prevented you to participate.

If you share multiple versions it will hurt your numbers on GT Sport.
The later ones invariably do smaller numbers.

that's a real shame. I wish you'd posted it here.

Thank you all for the kind words, that was probably my bad on doing the multiple versions and I see the numbers have picked up a bit now but it still only just got into double digit figures.

I will post it in my gallery in the next few.

Thank you all for the kind words, that was probably my bad on doing the multiple versions and I see the numbers have picked up a bit now but it still only just got into double digit figures.

There's still time to enter it!

I don't see a closed sign up on this thread yet...

I know it's not closed yet but it's my personal decision not to enter this time, I'm on my busiest two days at work and I will not have the time to do the photo's at the correct quality requirements, if it's still the same status and I've time to do the photo's maybe later this evening.

I know it's not closed yet but it's my personal decision not to enter this time, I'm on my busiest two days at work and I will not have the time to do the photo's at the correct quality requirements, if it's still the same status and I've time to do the photo's maybe later this evening.
fair call. I understand. While we'd like you to enter, please don't feel pressured to do so

Here is my tribute to the 1989 Osella F1AM.
Osella is a former italian F1 team. They participated in 132 Grands Prix between 1980 and 1990 and scored 5 championship points.
In 1989 the two Osella Costworth F1AM managed to qualify 10 times for the race, for 1 finish and 9 DNF. They also failed to qualify 21 times and were DSQ once.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/3599907/1/5477042427142340616

Last edited:
My entry descriptor:

Forti graduated to Formula One as a constructor and entrant in 1995, but its first car—the Forti FG01—proved to be uncompetitive, and the team failed to score a point. Despite this setback, Forti was committed to a three-year deal with Diniz, which was broken when Pedro moved to the Ligier team prior to the 1996 season, taking most of the team's sponsorship money with him. Nevertheless, Forti continued to compete in the sport, and produced the much-improved FG03 chassis, before succumbing to financial problems mid-season after an ultimately fruitless deal with a mysterious entity known as Shannon Racing. The team competed in a total of 27 Grands Prix, scoring no points, and is recognised as one of the last truly privateer teams to race in an era when many large car manufacturers were increasing their involvement in the sport.

This is my tribute to a team that I have really grown to be fond of during the making of this livery!​

Back